November 20, 2018, 11:49:29 AM

Author Topic: Crafts?!  (Read 923 times)

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Crafts?!
« on: September 04, 2016, 03:19:15 PM »
Hey Wishers, I wanna know, does anyone here do any sort of crafts? Sewing, crochet, hand made knickknacks of any type? Tell me what you do, and if you have pics feel free to show em off! This is a thread for all things crafty!

My latest pet hobby is needle felting. I made these little friends earlier today:
(click to show/hide)

Show me what you've made ww :cheesy:

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Darkstar

Re: Crafts?!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »
I'm working on learning how to design and make my own clothes, so I'll provide some pictures of my project once I get it going!

thanks to altias for the pixel

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 04:02:33 PM »
That sounds really cool!  :shocked:

What's the process like?

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Neon Skylite

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 05:05:06 PM »
I enjoy doing French knitting. You need what is called a dolly or a mushroom knitter but I used a toilet paper roll and popsicle sticks. And also you need yarn. You turn the yarn across the poles, and when you do that, turn the last ones over and you make a really long tail. The first one I ever did, which I did 2 and a half years before it broke, was 14 inches long. My last one, which fell apart in a year, was 10 inches. When you're done, you can take it off and form something like a scarf, hat, etc. I heard my classmate tried it and made a teddy bear.
I used to do a lot of paper crafts, too. I would cut out my doodles, put them on straws and in preschool I would make dodgy lines to form together and make a shopping trolley. However, now that I know how to use scissors better, I don't do them. Leftie + messy + scissors = disaster.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 07:36:05 AM »
I looked up a video tutorial on french knitting and I was confused at first but then it made sense when they pulled the finished product out of the tube xD Looks like those would make amazing bracelets!

I used to do origami too but that's maybe a lil different from paper crafts like you did them

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Meadowbreeze

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 10:26:50 AM »
For a while I would make little warriors figurines with my neighbor (Eaglenose, if you remember her from v4, she actually introduced me to the site) but she's more into drawing than sculptures and I was using her clay so I stopped

I can try to find some and put up pics of them

Thanks for the avatar ss!
Thanks for the sig other ss!

May you find a shiny Glaceon in your travels.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 12:01:36 PM »
I'd love to see pics, they sound so cute! Not sure if I ever spoke with your friend but the name seems vaguely familiar :P

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Meadowbreeze

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 01:11:41 PM »
@Darkforestwarrior she used to make "favorite book cover" threads

Thanks for the avatar ss!
Thanks for the sig other ss!

May you find a shiny Glaceon in your travels.

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 06:30:13 AM »
I almost certainly participated in some of those threads xD

nice :3

~Happy Halloween~