How about we revive a cult
August 17, 2018, 04:59:25 AM

Author Topic: How about we revive a cult  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Neon Skylite

How about we revive a cult
« on: October 09, 2016, 01:10:18 AM »
inb4 I become most liked Wishian of the year for reviving this cult
And you lawyer game fans who existed while Blizz did know exactly what I'm talking about.

Anyways for passing a really hard exam, I was allowed to get something that I wanted my father won't get me a million dollars or a dragon smh dad and I've set my sights on Spirit of Justice.
But first, my 3DS needs to come back from repairs. (The circle pad broke.)
One of my favourite cases has to be 5-3. I also really like 6-2. By the way,

(click to show/hide)

Onto the music. I loved "I'm Fine!" and upset it only

all links spoilers

played three times.

I also really didn't like Courtroom Revolutionnairé 2016 at first, but I think it's grown on me.

So yes, what cases/game/music did you like, who's your favourite character, what's your thoughts about Spirit of Justice etc. etc. etc.

Offline Spellmaster

Re: How about we revive a cult
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 06:04:47 PM »
I played the first ace attorney games yeeeaaars ago, and I haven't yet played Dual Destinies or Spirit of Justice or Gyakuten Kenji 2, I think... or the layton crossover game, because I still haven't gotten around to the actual layton games

so I'm too out of the loop to know what to talk about :x I think edgeworth was my favorite character and my favorite cases were probably the last on each game, but other than that I've forgotten a lot... the music is still good. turnabout musical is still cool, I brag about it whenever possible. maya is still great

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 01:48:18 PM »
I also really didn't like Courtroom Revolutionnairé 2016 at first, but I think it's grown on me.
This is the first I've heard of this, and I kind of don't really like it too... It's pretty much just Athena's first Objection theme remixed so that its missing everything I liked about it. I mean, I was skeptical about the original at first because it didn't really sound like an Objection theme, but it really started to grow on me because it was so unique, and it quickly became one of my favourites.

Honestly, Dual Destinies just had great music overall. Objection! 2004 used to be my favourite Objection theme, so the fact that Objection! 2013 is basically just that without mandarin quality made it my new favourite. And as I already mentioned, Courtroom Revolutionnaire 2013 is a close second.

My favourite case would have to be 3-5, with 2-4 as a very close second. 3-5 is pretty much the perfect climax, filled with tons of great moments, and it's perfectly paced so that every time you're starting to come down off of an exciting reveal another one comes by and gets you excited again. 2-4 had lots of great character development, and if you ask me probably does the best job of defining what the series is about. It's also incredibly painful in the best kind of way. The first time I played it I genuinely couldn't figure out how there could be a happy ending, and I wish I could relive that feeling of dread.

One of my favourite cases has to be 5-3.
I really really like 5-3 too. It was definitely my favourite case in Dual Destinies. DD is actually the only game in the series where I preferred the filler cases to the actual plot cases, due to a combination of the filler being surprisingly good and the actual plot having some issues that really bugged me.

Favourite character would probably be some kind of four-way tie between Gumshoe, Franziska, Pearl, and Athena. It's really hard to choose.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Neon Skylite

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 03:51:31 PM »
@hyperadam
No quote because you were long
DD music was amazing. 2013 is my second favourite Objection! (Wright's theme of course)
It's behind 2016 and 2012 wins. Honestly, the instruments playing in the background really gives you a feel of annihilating the opposition. Too bad the English Turnabout's one I didn't really enjoy. As I said, A New Chapter of Trials! and I'm Fine! gave a big impression on me. For the new music, I also liked Cheerful People. So cheerful.
(I'm tired so I'll end the post here, sorry.)

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 10:08:41 PM »
I didn't notice this until after I posted, but apparently it's the series' 15th anniversary today!

Or at least it will be for another hour... Actually, it's already been the 13th for a while in Japan, so... Still, happy anniversary.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 11:18:31 PM »
we've had many a cult in my ww days... rowanism... whatever crystal's was called....

Offline Cinder

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 04:55:14 PM »
Quote from: Sorrel
we've had many a cult in my ww days... rowanism... whatever crystal's was called....
HF

didn't @moss have one too?

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 08:05:14 PM »
Quote from: Sorrel
HF

didn't @moss have one too?
omg probably. like knowing me i'm sure that happened but i sure can't remember anything specifically anymore

Offline Cinder

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 09:23:48 PM »
I just remember a lot about the number 64

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile