December 09, 2018, 06:00:42 PM

Author Topic: Ww Movie Nights Round 2 - AUGUST 17: THE BLUES BROTHERS + MONTY PYTHON  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Heron

So, we used to do weekly movie nights back in 2015. I really enjoyed them and wanted them to start up again, and it sounds like a lot of other people felt the same. Therefore, I'm willing to start up movie nights again!
I'll be using Rabbit, which is the same program we were using for movie nights before (assuming that it works right for everyone and all that). I just wanted to get everybody's input on two things:
- What dates/times work for everyone?
- What kind of movies are you guys interested in watching?

If anyone has any other questions/comments/suggestions, feel free to post those too!

Offline hyperadam

Re: Ww Movie Nights Round 2
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 10:01:53 AM »
Wow, I didn't even know it's been that long...

As far as timing goes, I'm free in the evenings on pretty much any weekday except Wednesday, but that may be iffy for the next month or so because of exams and final projects. As for weekends, I typically do stuff with other friends starting from 8:30pm EST, but I am theoretically free any time before then.

And for movies to watch, one of the first things that comes to mind is Double Down... or any Neil Breen movie, actually.

Beyond that, I could probably come up with a bunch of stuff. Pretty much just a list of my own personal favourites, filtering out anything that wouldn't be particularly fun to watch in a group. Trainspotting, RoboCop, Dark City, In Bruges, and Serial Mom immediately come to mind, but most of those would have to be for an 18+ movie night.

Another possibility is that we could plan nights  around specific themes or genres and then take suggestions based on that.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Neon Skylite

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 03:31:26 PM »
I'm usually free on every weekday afternoon but Tuesday, and I can't be there on evenings except for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On school holidays I am available on weekday evenings. My weekends are sometimes erratic too.

Also I will be available on Tuesday for the next six weeks but after that I may have problems.

My timezone is AEDT +11:00.

Also, is rabbit voice chat? Because I'd prefer text chat.

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »
remember when someone told sorrel to mandarin the blAze up on one of these
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 05:50:35 PM »
Also, is rabbit voice chat? Because I'd prefer text chat.
It has text, voice, and video, but you have the option of turning off your camera and mic. Typically once the movie started we would use just text chat so we could be quiet and watch.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Raintalon

• Velociraptor Supreme
  • Elder
  • 138 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Raintalon
  • That is a good wisdom.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 03:47:52 AM »
Dude yes I'd be up for this again : D

Other than classes, my schedule is theoretically open sans Saturday Night DND and 'unscheduled homework doing'. Classes are like... until seven thirty on Tues/Thurs, until four or five on Mon/Wed, and until noon on Fri. This holds until the beginning of May, at which point we'll really just have to see.

Movie suggestions? Princess Bride is a classic. Heck idk I'm mostly good for whatever honestly. If I think of anything else, I'll mention it here.
There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose.
What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which.
A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails.
Sometimes it may never land at all...
-Grimsley

Offline Heron

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 10:21:56 PM »
Princess Bride is a classic.
I love that movie! I'd totally be up for watching that one if I can find a streaming link that'll work.

I'm still trying to figure out the best date/time, but thanks to everyone who's responded so far!
I'm thinking of doing a test stream just to make sure I have the settings for Rabbit set up right, so that might happen this weekend. It'd probably just be YouTube videos and stuff like that; I just want to get any issues figured out before the actual movie nights start.

Offline Jayfeather

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 11:59:17 PM »
though i haven't been very active here recently i would definitely join this?? i'm in mountain time and i'm generally free anytime past 5 or 6 on weekends, my schedule is fairly flexible and the idea sounds really exciting. as for movie suggestions i would be happy to watch anything??

Offline Lightning

• Nothing's fair in Love and War.
  • StarClanner
  • 17203 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 12:34:51 AM »
I work a lot but I'm usually free Sundays although... I don't think I work Saturday this weekend OR next weekend???? idk

also I'm down for pretty much any movie.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Heron

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 09:05:10 PM »
Okay, so I'm thinking of doing a test stream tomorrow at 6:30 p.m. EST. Not a formal movie night or anything; just want to check and make sure everything's set up right. I'll post a link later, so everyone's welcome to drop by if they're able!

EDIT: Link is here. I'll add the link to the first post later.

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 12:23:23 PM »
Well, no one else showed up for last night's test stream, but it seemed like everything was still working fine. It also helped me come up with some more movie ideas:
  • The Princess Bride (Already mentioned in the thread, seconding the idea)
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • The Blues Brothers
  • RoboCop (Yes, I've already suggested it, but I'm suggesting it again)
  • Mad Max: Fury Road
  • Airplane!

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Lightning

• Nothing's fair in Love and War.
  • StarClanner
  • 17203 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 06:17:36 PM »
I AM ALWAYS UP FOR MONTY PYTHON

also sorry I ended up dozing off last night ;-; I was gonna join in but was way too sleepy

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Heron

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 09:14:15 PM »
Haven't fully decided on a date/time for the first actual movie night, but as of right now, I'm planning on watching The Princess Bride.

Also, before I forget: we should totally have a movie night at some point to watch National Treasure and Space Jam. It's been too long since I've watched either of those.

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 11:36:36 PM »
EVERYBODY GET UP IT'S TIME TO SLAM NOW WE GOT THE REAL JAM GOING DOWN WELCOME TO THE SPACE JAM HERE'S YOUR CHANCE DO YOUR DANCE AT THE SPACE JAAAAAAM ALRIGHT

i would show up for a national treasure or space jam movie night lol even though i have actually watched both of these movies within the past few years.......omg

provided of course rabbit decides to not hate me anymore

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 09:27:15 PM »
I am also totally down for some National Treasure.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |