July 20, 2018, 05:29:25 PM

Author Topic: Cats and Whatnot  (Read 158 times)

Online Dustfeather

• (not a feather duster)
  • ShadowClan
  • 46918 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dustfeather
  • ♫ I fought urlawn and urlawn won~ ♫
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ShadowClan!
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • Vague as the Shadow
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
Cats and Whatnot
« on: August 30, 2017, 01:54:17 PM »
Drawn some fan-art but thought it'd be best to make an art thread rather than put it on the Fanworks board (as I also draw stuff that's not Warriors-related so this way it can all be kept in one place). Gatherings are one of my favourite things to read about in the Warriors series as I love seeing how cats from different Clans interact without the constraints of borders.

This one takes place somewhere between The Darkest Hour and Midnight though there are a couple of inconsistencies that make it difficult to place exactly when. Probably should have written up a character list before drawing the cats xD

Leaders (clockwise): Firestar, Tallstar, Leopardstar, Blackstar
First row: Heavystep, Sorrelpaw, Rowanclaw, Mudclaw
Second row: Brackenfur, Cedarheart, Onewhisker, Feathertail, Littlecloud, Cinderpelt
Third row: Mousefur, Blackclaw, Whitetail, Sandstorm, Greystripe, Mosspelt
Front row: Cloudtail, Crowpaw, Tawnypelt, Brambleclaw

Accidentally drew the leaders a bit too big in relation to the other cats. And drew the sunset on the wrong side (east rather than west). Will have to watch out for that next time :P

Also a couple of my designs are slightly different from those explicitly described in the books (e.g. I always imagined Tawnypelt as a torby). Very grateful to the wiki for including character descriptions as I'd never realised Heavystep was a brown tabby - I always thought he was grey for some reason! My own fault for not reading the allegiances in enough detail :P

Thank you, Wolfie!

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: Cats and Whatnot
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 08:32:18 PM »
I've always liked reading about gatherings too. They always felt very exciting and I also love seeing the different clans interacting. You did a good job showing those interactions

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~