July 22, 2018, 01:38:34 PM

Author Topic: Best Wishes to Vicky Holmes  (Read 230 times)

Offline Darkstar

Best Wishes to Vicky Holmes
« on: November 08, 2017, 05:46:14 PM »
Give your best wishes to Vicky on her Facebook page as she's recently been diagnosed with cancer. Hopefully she'll be able to beat it, but it's always nice to send out some good vibes!

Hello my lovelies

As you may have noticed, I've been quiet for a while. Not that I don't keep an eye on you, loving your passion and insane Warriors knowledge as always. I'm going to be quiet for a little longer, but I'm popping up to let you know why.

Darling Clanmates, I have been diagnosed with cancer. I had lots of surgery in August, and now I am beginning six months of chemotherapy. This will hopefully lead to a complete recovery, hooray! So please don't worry about me. I'm feeling calm and strong, and as always, there are moments of fabulous humour.

When I learned I'd have to have chemotherapy, I went out and had all my hair cut off, in readiness for losing it and being bald for the winter. Only then did I find out that the chemotherapy I'm having doesn't make your hair fall out... But check out my new short hair! I love it, and might keep it like this forever.
I feel very tired, and the chemo drugs make me hideously sick, but I'm not in pain. I'm counting the days until I can ride my crazy horse again, and meanwhile I'm watching the leaves change colour outside my window, and revelling in the beauty of Autumn.

All is well. StarClan lights my path, always.

All my love
Vicky xxx

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline Owlfrost

Re: Best Wishes to Vicky Holmes
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 11:06:38 PM »
I understand her struggle. I lost my mom to cancer. Sent her all my positive vibes!

Facebook | Twitter | Gallery

Owlfrost | Nightshade | Silverthorn | Lilyshine | Tumblepaw