July 18, 2019, 06:48:39 PM

Author Topic: Your favorite Warriors art?  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Darkstar

Your favorite Warriors art?
« on: June 24, 2015, 11:30:51 PM »
What's your favorite piece of Warriors art, or even kind of Warriors art (IE: The Russian or Chinese covers/art)? If you have a specific piece to share here, you can do so!

Personally, my favorite Warriors art is the new covers. They're absolutely gorgeous. Second to that, I think I enjoy the style of the Russian covers and also the Russian art in general (it's an interesting, folksy sort of style).

I think my favorite piece is actually one from the German version of Code of the Clans:

I just really like all of the cats at the Moonstone. It's beautiful!

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline Dustfeather

• (not a feather duster)
  • ShadowClan
  • 44736 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dustfeather
  • ♫ I fought urlawn and urlawn won~ ♫
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ShadowClan!
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • Vague as the Shadow
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
Re: Your favorite Warriors art?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:16:02 AM »
I really love the covers that are used in several European countries (they're originally German, but have also been used in the Netherlands, Portugal, Austria, Finland, and Croatia).

I also like the simplicity of the Lithuanian covers for some reason. I know it's just a photo of a cat on a plain background but I find them cute ^.^

Also, when I first started reading the series, books 1-3 actually had different cover art here in the UK. I'm not sure why they didn't do books 4-6 in this style, but maybe it was because the series was becoming more popular by that point so the American covers would be more recognisable :)

And I've not actually got round to reading any of the Seekers books, but the UK cover art is really lovely and colourful :3

Thank you, Wolfie!

Offline Lightning

• Maybe I'm a fool, but it's always been you.
  • StarClanner
  • 17221 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 08:05:38 PM »
Also, when I first started reading the series, books 1-3 actually had different cover art here in the UK. I'm not sure why they didn't do books 4-6 in this style, but maybe it was because the series was becoming more popular by that point so the American covers would be more recognisable :)

I was at the bookstore a few weeks ago and saw a cover that looked like that??? Wow, had I known it was a cover from the UK, I'd have bought it...

I love all the art, tbh. But Owen Richardson's new covers take the cake- I love Owen and everything he's done for art and he's my favorite. Fun fact he also worked on Percy Jackson and Artemis Fowl.

I can't wait to see the covers for the Vision of Shadows arc- they're bound to be phenomenal.

The little things you do that make me go crazy...
I'm not crazy. You're perfectly perfect to me.

Offline Squirrelypaws

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 10:41:44 AM »
The original cover of Dawn! Honestly, I am pretty much in love with that cover. I actually bought a second copy so I could put the dust jacket on my wall as a poster. And I have the lower part of the front, with the cat silhouettes looking out over the lake, set as the wallpaper on my phone.

A lot of the art from the guides ranks pretty high for me too. That picture of the three spirit-kits in (I think) Code, Crookedstar's profile picture in Cats/TUG...

And yes, the new covers for the series. I actually hadn't really looked at them prior to joining and seeing the premade avatars using them, but wow are they pretty!

Offline Jilda

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 05:12:32 PM »
I'm absolutely in love with the new covers! I also actually really love the covers they're doing for the fifth series, they're quite nice. As for international, I love the German and Russian art the most. The German is really intense, while the Russian have two very different styles yet both are so appealing.

thank you ss !! <3

Offline sageheart

• buddy i aam afraid
  • Apprentice
  • 1006 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To sageheart
  • absolutely not egg salad
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them is best
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 07:10:07 PM »
i really adore the Chinese covers! my favorite would probably have to be this lovely Rising Storm cover or this variant Darkest Hour cover!

Offline Flametail

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 12:37:20 PM »
I love the Russian illustrations for some of the books - especially this one of Ravenpaw and Barley

(there are more here: http://voreing.tumblr.com/post/123492218256/russian-warrior-cats-illustrations[/tumblr]]http://voreing.tumblr.com/post/123492218256/russian-warrior-cats-illustrations)
profile picture by mistyfoot on tumblr

Offline Heron

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 01:38:29 PM »
My favorite American cover is the original Fire and Ice one. I think the Chinese covers might be my favorite overall, though. I also really like the different direction they took for the Russian art, and even the more minimalist Lithuanian covers. The German ones are pretty cool, too.

Offline Lightning

• Maybe I'm a fool, but it's always been you.
  • StarClanner
  • 17221 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 05:37:32 AM »
I love the Russian illustrations for some of the books - especially this one of Ravenpaw and Barley

(there are more here: http://voreing.tumblr.com/post/123492218256/russian-warrior-cats-illustrations[/tumblr]]http://voreing.tumblr.com/post/123492218256/russian-warrior-cats-illustrations)

Ooooh, I like that one! Ravenpaw and Barely are awesome and need more art done of them. Seeing art of them relaxing instead of fighting or something is really nice and a change of pace.. is that one for one of the Ravenpaw's Path graphic novels?

The little things you do that make me go crazy...
I'm not crazy. You're perfectly perfect to me.

Offline Flametail

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 11:20:31 AM »

Ooooh, I like that one! Ravenpaw and Barely are awesome and need more art done of them. Seeing art of them relaxing instead of fighting or something is really nice and a change of pace.. is that one for one of the Ravenpaw's Path graphic novels?

I'm not very sure. On the Russian wiki it said it was an illustration for one of the books, but it didn't translate well enough to be sure which one. I still really like it though - the colors are so vibrant!
profile picture by mistyfoot on tumblr

Offline Wolfie

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 09:33:56 PM »
It's hard to pick a favourite, but I do love the darkest hour in Russian. Scourge looked so awesome in that one.

Overall, while I think the new covers look nice, I actually prefer the old ones. The new ones seem a little bit too digitalized for my tastes, and it is basically a close up of different cats throughout the covers. The older ones had a less photoshoppy style and actually had a scene on it. Maybe it's because I see digital art all the time, and see it take the cake time and time again partly influenced my desisions but the older ones are more aesthetically pleasing to me

Thank you SS!
Felt my signature is too large and too lazy to resize at the moment
(click to show/hide)
Thank you for the grab-bag gift Dustfeather!
(click to show/hide)