March 26, 2019, 03:32:55 AM

Author Topic: Anime and Manga  (Read 21019 times)

Offline Dawnwing

Re: Anime and Manga
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 07:58:11 PM »
My favorites are Spice and Wolf and Fullmetal Alchemist (both original and Brotherhood), and Death Note is also pretty high up there.

I've been watching a lot more since picking up Netflix; also the library in the town I moved to has quite a respectable-sized manga section (two actually - a YA section and an adult section) so I can start reading more.  I just read volume 1 of Claymore.

Currently I'm watching Naruto; I'm about at the point I once read up to in the manga (the chunin exams) and farther than I'd previously gotten in the anime.  Also Pokemon; I'd watched up to Johto Journeys when I was a kid and am now re-watching, in order, as they become available on the Pokemon site.

Offline Teezy

• Official Jolyne Fangirl
  • Elder
  • 724 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Teezy
  • "i want to see the starlight"
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 10:07:05 PM »
YEAH MORE JOJO FANS

Really, though, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is definitely my favorite. Hopefully, the Diamond is Unbreakable anime will be announced soon. I really want to see Highway Star animated. Also you guys should all play the 7th Stand User fangame

I really really want to see Highway Star in motion, too. Highway Star might be my favorite stand. (But I also really, really like Killer Queen and Purple Haze. Even if we only ever see Purple Haze once.)

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 09:28:35 AM »
YEAH MORE JOJO FANS

Really, though, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is definitely my favorite. Hopefully, the Diamond is Unbreakable anime will be announced soon. I really want to see Highway Star animated. Also you guys should all play the 7th Stand User fangame

I really really want to see Highway Star in motion, too. Highway Star might be my favorite stand. (But I also really, really like Killer Queen and Purple Haze. Even if we only ever see Purple Haze once.)
Highway Star is also right at the top of my list of things I want to see done with really high quality animation. Especially the part where Josuke flips over the baby carriage.

Other Part 4 things I really want to see animated are Tonio, the Sheer Heart Attack fight (I really like Kira and Koichi so I got incredibly hyped multiple times while reading those chapters), and everything with Mikitaka. Honestly, just everything in Part 4, really.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Lightning

• Maybe I'm a fool, but it's always been you.
  • StarClanner
  • 17221 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 01:59:47 AM »
Anime/manga thread hello Death Note is one of the best things I've ever seen and to this day remains one of my favorites.

Okay for anime, we have things like Space Dandy, Hellsing Ultimate (I do not consider that first anime even legit anymore), Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood only; I don't like the original anime), Digimon, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Sailor Moon, Kill la Kill, the Fate series (Fate/Stay Night being my favorite), and so many others that I could make an entire page listing.

The anime list is slightly more exclusive, but Death Note is still on there (I read the manga long before the anime), and I also really like Vampire Knight, Kamikazi Kaitou Jeanne, Hellsing, and basically anything else by Arina Tanemura.

I also adore the Death Note novels and read them all the time. If it's not obvious which one is my favorite, you're not paying attention. (jk)

The little things you do that make me go crazy...
I'm not crazy. You're perfectly perfect to me.

Offline fireheart

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 02:14:52 AM »
Ooooh hello anime/manga thread!! I'm actually in the middle of pulling back from both of these but I'm always down to talk about the stuff I've already seen!

Hunter x Hunter (2011) and Princess Tutu are probably my two favorite series of all time, with Death Note and Madoka Magica being close behind, but some other things I've watched/read and really enjoyed are Tiger and Bunny, Tokyo Ghoul, From the New World, and Evangelion. (Little Witch Academia is fantastic too!)

Offline Lightning

• StarClanner
  • 17221 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 02:20:36 AM »
What is Tokyo Ghoul?? I keep seeing it on tumblr, but I'm still not sure what it is. It looks interesting, but I'm not sure if I'd like it. I'm picky about what I watch.

I also like Deadman Wonderland. lol I forgot to mention that. And Trigun, and pretty much all anime that Adult Swim has aired over the years, except for Attack on Titan/SNK. I really can't get into that and I've started to really despise it because of the fandom.

Offline fireheart

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 02:38:36 AM »
What is Tokyo Ghoul?? I keep seeing it on tumblr, but I'm still not sure what it is. It looks interesting, but I'm not sure if I'd like it. I'm picky about what I watch.

I also like Deadman Wonderland. lol I forgot to mention that. And Trigun, and pretty much all anime that Adult Swim has aired over the years, except for Attack on Titan/SNK. I really can't get into that and I've started to really despise it because of the fandom.

Tokyo Ghoul is sort of a mix of horror and tragedy; I watched the anime before reading the manga, but to be honest I'd recommend the latter over the former. The first several episodes have some lovely animation, and the opening and ending theme songs are some of my favorite in recent memory, but the pacing was somewhat unsteady imo. It also suffered a lot from heavy censoring while it was airing, but now that the blu-rays are out, that shouldn't be an issue. If you're into reading manga, I really can't recommend the manga enough though!

(Also I've only seen the first season, but Space Dandy is A+++)

Offline Lightning

• StarClanner
  • 17221 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 02:46:52 AM »

Tokyo Ghoul is sort of a mix of horror and tragedy; I watched the anime before reading the manga, but to be honest I'd recommend the latter over the former. The first several episodes have some lovely animation, and the opening and ending theme songs are some of my favorite in recent memory, but the pacing was somewhat unsteady imo. It also suffered a lot from heavy censoring while it was airing, but now that the blu-rays are out, that shouldn't be an issue. If you're into reading manga, I really can't recommend the manga enough though!

I'll need to take a look into it, then! I don't mind horror as much since it's anime... actual movies, though? No. Censoring is boring, but I suppose I can find the blu-rays instead.

Also Space Dandy is amazing please keep watching it.

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
  • awards This mini-feather is presented to those who have or have had a character with a high rank! This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ThunderClan!
  • Referrals: 61
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/Them
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 03:20:34 AM »
Oh! Anime, anime. I really love Revolutionary Girl Utena, for one. I used to be a big fan of Tokyo Mew Mew and a super huge fan of Magical Do Re Mi / Ojamajo Doremi (though I... really need to watch that again? but not the 4kids dub. it's so hard to find the first series anywhere, i cry).
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 03:29:06 AM »
i can't believe the last episode of knb ever is tomorrow *sobs*

last week's episode was sooooo cool

it was literally space jam in there

Offline Lightning

• StarClanner
  • 17221 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2015, 03:29:21 AM »
Tokyo Mew Mew oh my god it's been years since I've seen that.

I didn't know anyone here even watched that. I should binge watch that the next time I'm off work.

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
  • awards This mini-feather is presented to those who have or have had a character with a high rank! This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ThunderClan!
  • Referrals: 61
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/Them
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 03:31:25 AM »
It's been soooo long. I don't think I watched it all the way, but I did read the manga all the way once... I really need to do it again, though. It was the best thing ever, haha. (If you need a bingewatch buddy hmu)
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline shadeflight

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 04:13:49 AM »
i can't believe the last episode of knb ever is tomorrow *sobs*

last week's episode was sooooo cool

it was literally space jam in there

i'm really sad about this too tbh

i think i still have to watch the last two most recent episodes. this anime is absolutely ridiculous but it's so strangely entertaining
Quote from: DFW
cup

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 08:19:12 AM »
Yoooo Tokyo ghoul is so good it's one of my faves that I keep forgetting about

Also the last ep of danmachi came out yesterday so I need to watch that. Oh my god it's such a fluffy anime. Speaking of fluffy amines, I actually rly don't like sports anime. I find them so boring
But I also hate sports to begin with so you know
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 09:44:06 AM »
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Nice. I read the manga last summer and loved it, and now for this summer I'm watching the anime and am currently at the dodge-ball game near the end of Greed Island. Can't wait to be emotionally destroyed by the Chimera Ant arc again.

Also Space Dandy is amazing please keep watching it.
I still need to finish Space Dandy... I was watching it while it was airing, but I missed an episode at one point and it just kind of snowballed from there. It was a bit hit-or-miss for me, but I still really enjoyed it because even the misses were still pretty cool and the hits were absolutely brilliant. (i.e., the zombie episode holy mandarin)

Also, I just love Meow so much. I love all of the main three, but Meow especially.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |