March 26, 2019, 03:54:14 AM

Author Topic: Anime and Manga  (Read 21020 times)

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
Re: Anime and Manga
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2015, 06:46:59 PM »
i can't believe the last episode of knb ever is tomorrow *sobs*

last week's episode was sooooo cool

it was literally space jam in there

i'm really sad about this too tbh

i think i still have to watch the last two most recent episodes. this anime is absolutely ridiculous but it's so strangely entertaining

it's SO ridiculous it's like dragon ball z with basketballs.... they call out names of their super power basketball moves and the ball has streaks of light going behind it god bless. but i love it it's so much fun and all the friendship and teamwork!!!

and i love midorima what a nerd

Offline Heron

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 09:50:57 PM »
The new Jojolion chapter is translated!

(click to show/hide)

Offline glimmer

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2015, 11:59:37 PM »
i'm rly into sports anime r/n, just caught up with daiya no ace a little over a month ago so that's the one i'm currently the most invested in. and it's airing right now, which is great!

i really need to catch up on knb - the last episode i watched was the one where furihata plays in the rakuzan match, so i'm a lil behind. i wanna catch up before the last episode airs though. i started liking anime when i was 12ish and then there was a lull in my enthusiasm for a couple of years, but knb was the show that picked it back up again, so i definitely want to finish it.

blinkie by moss | pixel & clks by altias
(click to show/hide)

Offline shadeflight

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2015, 12:10:19 AM »
it's SO ridiculous it's like dragon ball z with basketballs.... they call out names of their super power basketball moves and the ball has streaks of light going behind it god bless. but i love it it's so much fun and all the friendship and teamwork!!!

and i love midorima what a nerd

midorima is great he thinks he can hide from people who know him by wearing big black glasses. dude you've got green anime hair it doesn't matter

aomine's probably my favorite of that team, though. at least, once he stops constantly repeating his famous one-liner.

i'm rly into sports anime r/n, just caught up with daiya no ace a little over a month ago so that's the one i'm currently the most invested in. and it's airing right now, which is great!

i really need to catch up on knb - the last episode i watched was the one where furihata plays in the rakuzan match, so i'm a lil behind. i wanna catch up before the last episode airs though. i started liking anime when i was 12ish and then there was a lull in my enthusiasm for a couple of years, but knb was the show that picked it back up again, so i definitely want to finish it.

scenes with furihata were so good, it'd be fun to have side-stories to explore others like him after kuroko's story.
Quote from: DFW
cup

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2015, 08:41:47 AM »
The new Jojolion chapter is translated!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2015, 02:11:19 PM »
Guys the last episode of danmachi came out a few days ago I'm gonna watch it when I get back from work wooo
Do you ever like, start watching an anime and you know you shouldn't but you just
can't
stop watching??
like it's a papaya  harem anime like oh my god
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2015, 03:38:37 PM »
kay so i know no one cares but oh my god detective conan today.... 782 was so goooood

AND knb. im emotional.

Offline shadeflight

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2015, 07:48:44 AM »
Quote from: moss
kay so i know no one cares but oh my god detective conan today.... 782 was so goooood

AND knb. im emotional.
i know nothing about detective conan but i do still need to catch up with the last few recent episodes of knb. then we can be emotional over it together
Quote from: DFW
cup

Offline Heron

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2015, 03:12:27 PM »
So they released clips of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure English dub, and it's actually pretty good.

I love the voice they picked for Speedwagon.

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 03:14:07 PM »
Guys the last episode of danmachi came out a few days ago I'm gonna watch it when I get back from work wooo
Do you ever like, start watching an anime and you know you shouldn't but you just
can't
stop watching??
like it's a papaya  harem anime like oh my god
WHAT TH grapefruit HAVE I BEEN DOING I STILL HAVENT WATCHED IT??
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Teezy

• Official Jolyne Fangirl
  • Elder
  • 724 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Teezy
  • "i want to see the starlight"
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2015, 03:29:51 PM »
So they released clips of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure English dub, and it's actually pretty good.

I love the voice they picked for Speedwagon.
Thank god they have the English accents. I'm really looking forward to hearing Stroheim. It's definitely a notch above most anime dubs in quality.

(also I completely forgo this thread existed oops)

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2015, 08:25:09 AM »
I'm not particularly blown away by the dub, but it's pretty good. I've seen better, but I'm generally more pro-dub than most people so I'm certainly not complaining.

I do really like that they're using English accents, but they feel a bit forced at times. Other than that, yeah, I really like Speedwagon's voice actor and hope this gets the series even more attention. More JoJo in English is always a good thing.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2015, 09:50:32 PM »
i said this before... i know no one cares about detective conan but i HAVE to express this somewhere oh my god

so okay you know how in japanese there are different registers and speech styles and stuff that anime might make use of and then how if it gets adapted to english they have to come up with something to put in its place....

WELL. In one case in detective conan, one of the crucial clues is the culprit's "odd accent" which is him using an archaic pronoun to refer to himself and APPARENTLY in the english version of this case in the manga how do they have him speak...... IN INTERNET SPEAK!!!! HE SAYS STUFF LIKE NOOB AND PWN AND WEAK SAUCE O RLY AND IMHO.... SPEAKING OUT LOUD

im so

i can't handle this oh my god............. viz pls;;;;;

Offline Pantherstrike

• ~*~ Official Pearl Fangirl ~*~
  • Warrior
  • 238 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Pantherstrike
  • never made it to 10k posts on v4 rip
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2015, 10:10:52 PM »
i said this before... i know no one cares about detective conan but i HAVE to express this somewhere oh my god

so okay you know how in japanese there are different registers and speech styles and stuff that anime might make use of and then how if it gets adapted to english they have to come up with something to put in its place....

WELL. In one case in detective conan, one of the crucial clues is the culprit's "odd accent" which is him using an archaic pronoun to refer to himself and APPARENTLY in the english version of this case in the manga how do they have him speak...... IN INTERNET SPEAK!!!! HE SAYS STUFF LIKE NOOB AND PWN AND WEAK SAUCE O RLY AND IMHO.... SPEAKING OUT LOUD

im so

i can't handle this oh my god............. viz pls;;;;;

I DIE WHEN STUFF LIKE THIS HAPPENS, GOD, and it's almost always viz that does it?? why, viz??! why can I count more than one manga where the word "pwn" has found its way into the official translation this should have never happened.

tumblr / pixel by altias / avatar art courtesy of secret santa

Offline Tom

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2015, 02:56:38 AM »
i was just gonna lurk this thread because i mainly do manga and tend to only read trashy horror and other stuff nobody likes but

Puella Magi Madoka Magica (I loved the pacing, I loved the characters, I loved the soundtrack, I loved the with designs. All in all a wild ride I thoroughly enjoyed.)

@Teezy omg yes couldn't have said it better myself <33

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake