June 21, 2018, 03:00:27 PM

Author Topic: General Chat Thread  (Read 275832 times)

Offline Hawkstar

• Has Unpopular Opinions
  • Kit
  • 540 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hawkstar
  • "My waifu is a scaryfu!"
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: He/Him
  • Mood: Determined
Re: General Chat Thread
« Reply #7935 on: February 23, 2018, 01:55:51 PM »
Just sittin' in a burger joint, getting real emotional thinking about the latest Berserk chapter.  Please Miura, don't hurt me with this.

"Put your glasses on / Nothing will be wrong."

Tumblr | 8tracks | Playmoss

Offline Tom

« Reply #7936 on: February 23, 2018, 08:21:55 PM »
Just sittin' in a burger joint, getting real emotional thinking about the latest Berserk chapter.  Please Miura, don't hurt me with this.

HWAKASTAR OMG

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #7937 on: February 25, 2018, 08:14:52 PM »

HWAKASTAR OMG
BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING
AND THUS FAR HAS NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL

IT'S BEEN DECADES

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Hawkstar

• Has Unpopular Opinions
  • Kit
  • 540 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hawkstar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7938 on: March 04, 2018, 06:12:14 PM »
HWAKASTAR OMG

What up?

BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING
AND THUS FAR HAS NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL

IT'S BEEN DECADES

Honestly, I refuse to celebrate until 355 comes out (so help me if it's a Falconia chapter) because I don't trust that this will go off completely without a hitch.  Though, given Rickert's actions on the bridge in 337 and the fact that he suffered no repercussions, maybe it's okay to hope.

Also, yo another Berserk fan!  Who's your favourite character?  What's your favourite arc?  When did you get onto Miura's Wild Ride?

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #7939 on: March 06, 2018, 07:27:08 PM »
Honestly, I refuse to celebrate until 355 comes out (so help me if it's a Falconia chapter) because I don't trust that this will go off completely without a hitch.  Though, given Rickert's actions on the bridge in 337 and the fact that he suffered no repercussions, maybe it's okay to hope.
Oof, I never thought of it, but cutting to something else at this critical moment is absolutely possible. I trust Miura, though. Ignoring hiatuses he's been pretty consistently pushing towards this since they got off the boat.

Also, yo another Berserk fan!  Who's your favourite character?  What's your favourite arc?  When did you get onto Miura's Wild Ride?
My favourite character is probably Farnese, and accordingly my favourite arc is the Conviction arc. Honestly, there's just something about her backstory and how it shaped her into the utterly messed up person she used to be, as well as the way she's been able to grow and progress beyond that that really stands out to me. Guts is an obvious very close second, since he is pretty much the heart of the series.

I think it's actually only been around 4 years for me now? Maybe a bit longer, since I remember I stopped between arcs for a while at one point, but it's been about that long since I was up to date. My "DECADES" was more of a general statement than personal experience, but I'm sure some people have been waiting that long.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Hawkstar

• Has Unpopular Opinions
  • Kit
  • 540 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hawkstar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7940 on: March 12, 2018, 08:21:22 PM »
My favourite character is probably Farnese

Oh yeah, Farny's a good pick.  She's had a great arc and utterly phenomenal character growth, even by Berserk standards.  It's been a total treat to get to see her develop over the series.  She's definitely up there for me as well, but Casca will always be my number one fave (thus my getting really emotional over 354).

accordingly my favourite arc is the Conviction arc.

Conviction's a really good arc, though I can definitely see why people dropped off there since, coming off of the last arcs end, you're thrown pretty much directly into some of the bleakest points in the series' history.  I personally prefer the Falcon of the Millennium Empire arc for reasons I won't go into to avoid talking your ear off too much, but I've definitely enjoyed each arc in some way or another.  Not to mention, Conviction did introduce one of my favourite minor characters.

I think it's actually only been around 4 years for me now? Maybe a bit longer, since I remember I stopped between arcs for a while at one point, but it's been about that long since I was up to date.

Ah, you're a spring chicken then.  I started following it back in early '07 before the party got on the boat and, rough as the wait was, I feel like it was kind of worth it for how exciting it was when 342 dropped and everybody went nuts on account of having been, ahem, Waiting So Long.

And, because I forgot to ask this in my first post (and it's really the most important opinion a Berserk fan can have), what are your thoughts on the greatest hero in the series and our lord and saviour?

Offline Splashberry

« Reply #7941 on: March 14, 2018, 06:51:25 PM »
heyheyhey I've not been on here in centuries
ravelry ;; goodreads
I was Splashberry on the old forums too, an active member since 2008!

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #7942 on: March 14, 2018, 07:19:42 PM »
Oh yeah, Farny's a good pick.  She's had a great arc and utterly phenomenal character growth, even by Berserk standards.  It's been a total treat to get to see her develop over the series.  She's definitely up there for me as well, but Casca will always be my number one fave (thus my getting really emotional over 354).
Yeah, even if Casca isn't my absolute favourite I think just about everyone likes her and is getting really invested in this. For me, there's also the element of Farnese and Schierke being involved. I've always liked how Guts just never tells anyone about himself, so much of the cast is much more in the dark than the reader. Seeing them slowly piece together just who Guts and Casca are and what they mean to each other is great.

Conviction's a really good arc, though I can definitely see why people dropped off there since, coming off of the last arcs end, you're thrown pretty much directly into some of the bleakest points in the series' history.  I personally prefer the Falcon of the Millennium Empire arc for reasons I won't go into to avoid talking your ear off too much, but I've definitely enjoyed each arc in some way or another.  Not to mention, Conviction did introduce one of my favourite minor characters.
I really like it because despite how bleak it is it's ultimately about finding the strength to put up with it. I almost forgot about how great Luca is, but I also think her and all the stuff with Nina help to drive that home. Also Mozgus is great.

I like the Falcon of the Millennium Empire arc too, really the only problem  think it has is that it's too long. Even though just as much happens as in the other major arcs, it's over nearly twice as many chapters. But even among all the "nothing" there are still a lot of great character moments. I especially like the bit where Schierke and Sonia meet without being aware that they're on opposite "sides".

And, because I forgot to ask this in my first post (and it's really the most important opinion a Berserk fan can have), what are your thoughts on the greatest hero in the series and our lord and saviour?
Beyond positive. The only reason I didn't list Him as my favourite is because it wouldn't be fair to everyone else.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |