March 26, 2019, 03:36:54 AM

Author Topic: Bus Stories (and all other intriguing things in public)  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Tom

.... I have a few of these. I wanted to get a thread started right away in case other people have some awesome stories.

Have you ever met someone bizarre on a bus or train, or seen something completely whack happening in public? :D

I have a few stories which I'll post later lmao

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Wryfinch

• Elder
  • 751 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Wryfinch
  • I have papaya standards I swear.
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: xe/xir/xem/xemself
  • Mood: Chipper
Re: Bus Stories (and all other intriguing things in public)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 06:16:48 PM »
Well... everyone on my school bus once started an impromptu "Dance, Dance" by Fall Out Boy singoff. The instigators were given detention, but it was awesome while it lasted.

The above CLKs and banners are made by Altias!

Offline Pine

• Leader
  • 995 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Pine
  • slightly unsettled bird
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Her's
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 06:19:57 PM »
DID SOMEONE SAY DUMB PUBLIC TRANSIT THINGS................

i've posted about it a lot, so as a lot of you know, i'm actual a bus driver. The college I go to is very big and also has a five college consortium in which we can take classes at five different schools. These schools are spread out by a few towns, so we have a bus service that takes students (and the public) around these places. It's a very college-y town area, so it attracts many interesting... people. A lot of homeless, insane people. my school (the biggest one) trains students (so 18+ year olds) to get their CDLs and drive public buses. This all just equates to one interesting story.

One of my favorite people is named Margret. Margret is an old lady probably getting up to her 70s who uses a cart walker thing. She keeps a lot of trash in her cart but I believe she's homeless so w/e. Margret lives probably the furthest town we go into (~10ish miles) and rides the bus into Amherst (where my school is) every day. She narrates everything she does. Including "I'M GETTING ON THE BUS. I'M SITTING DOWN. I'VE SAT DOWN. THIS IS MY SEAT. THIS IS MY STOP NEXT. I NEED TO GET OFF. I'M GETTING OFF. GOODBYE." She's harmless, and just kind of amusing. One of our drivers once watched her yell at a payphone for 10 minutes, and then pick up the phone, make a perfectly normal phone call and   then hang up and go back to yelling.

There's also a dude named Peter L. who looks like a walrus the way his mustache to chin ratio works out. (dubbed walrus dude) Last summer he got on the wrong bus, and the driver made a mistake of not allowing him off where he wanted. He proceeded to aggressively swear at the driver about how he was being kidnapped. He then called the cops. The cops then arrested him and the bus continued on schedule. He did it again a few weeks later... but only threatened to call them.

Last tuesday someone threw up my bus before 9am. Also people poop on our buses fairly often.

People will very often get on and tell drivers stories and information they don't care about because they're a captive audience. Specifically creepy things. I have been hit on aggressively by old men, given people's numbers, and assaulted (i'm fine, it resulted in an incident report tho...)

I have many, many more stories. I will tell them as I think of the good ones. I also work as a radio operator (RO for short) for the buses so I deal with a lot of angry phone calls by people who get on the wrong bus, and then call the company angrily about how the system doesn't personally cater to them. (also how they're Never wrong) ah people
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 06:47:52 PM »
I live in a relatively rural area so I've never used public transportation (apart from school buses when I was in elementary/middle/high school). 

The one I can think of though is when my sister and I were leaving a bowling alley one night and met Roger, the local conspiracy theorist.  I'd heard of this guy - he's a little bit off but harmless, and everyone seems to know about him - but I'd never met him till that point.   

He just started talking about all kinds of crazy things.  Various politicians supposedly are murderers but it's all covered up, building a parking lot next to a sports stadium has some sort of ulterior motive, he covered the whole "fluoridated water" thing, apparently billionaires are going missing without anyone hearing about it, celebrities are planted by the government to control us and distract us, etc., and he complained that the police didn't want him to tell people all this stuff because he knows the truth. 

My sister and I didn't just want to flat-out leave because we felt rude, but couldn't get a break in the conversation to say "you know, it's getting late, we'd better be getting home", and ended up getting stuck there for like 30 minutes (passersby gave us "glad it's not me" looks as they walked past) until I finally had to interrupt him because we really had to be getting home at that point.

Offline Jilda

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 07:32:01 PM »
So this isn't a public bus story, the only bus I ever ride is the school bus usually but here's a story on something gross that happened in public, warning: if you don't like gross things, then don't read this lmao.

(click to show/hide)

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 08:00:42 PM »
One time, I was at the bus stop, and this guy comes up kind of shady like and then asks me if I want to buy something. Of course, I think it's drugs. Then he pulls out this CD and says, "This is my comedy rap mixtape. $5." Me not having any money said, "No, sorry." Then he said, "You know what? I'll give it to you free." So that's how I got this guy's comedy rap CD. If you're curious, he sounds like he's mimicking Weird Al.

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 08:44:28 PM »
One time an old lady threw up next to me on the bus and I was in the inside seat so it was pretty awks when I had to step over puke to get off lmao life is grand
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Tom

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 11:58:35 PM »
One time, I was at the bus stop, and this guy comes up kind of shady like and then asks me if I want to buy something. Of course, I think it's drugs. Then he pulls out this CD and says, "This is my comedy rap mixtape. $5." Me not having any money said, "No, sorry." Then he said, "You know what? I'll give it to you free." So that's how I got this guy's comedy rap CD. If you're curious, he sounds like he's mimicking Weird Al.

@Darkstar do you still have the CD and could you make me a copy?

I will post more when I'm not at work. @Pine I didn't know you're a bus driver, your stories are AMAZING xD

Offline Tom

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 05:00:47 PM »
sorry for double post (hope it's okay?), wanted to get a story (and a few characters) out there..... I probably have funnier ones I can add later but this was one of the weirdest moments of my life so it's close to my heart.

(spoiler warning, may be kind of offensive. there are some seriously disadvantaged people who live close to me :u I don't find their life situations funny at all. just some interesting experiences)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50782 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 03:26:02 AM »
Yes hello this is Pot Head the most important and interesting student at my fair college please read the article

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 07:55:18 AM »
Tomme I want to hear more about your bus stories

Offline Holley

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 12:58:24 AM »
I keep reading the title as Bgy stories. Then I want it deleted
amberstipe, dustfeather, hperadam

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 01:04:43 PM »
my friend choreographed to the beginning cheer in bring it on in thigh highs on the band bus once and it was so divided half the people thought he was great and half the people were like no.....NO......

Offline Wolfie

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 11:19:34 PM »
One time this lady that smelled of alchohol and peanuts, told me that bell charm type things are good luck. She went on able it for a couple of minutes. Then asked if she could have one of the charms off my phone, which I had out and texting before she decided to talk to me.

Me: "uhm... no."

It was pretty awkward, especially since she just told me that the bells were good luck. It sort of could be taken to imply that "ha, I hope you have sucky luck forever"

Thank you SS!
Felt my signature is too large and too lazy to resize at the moment
(click to show/hide)
Thank you for the grab-bag gift Dustfeather!
(click to show/hide)