July 18, 2019, 07:02:43 PM

Author Topic: Re-Read Thread  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Jingle

• Long Live the Queen
  • StarClanner
  • 202 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Jingle
  • Out with the old. In with the new.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re-Read Thread
« on: July 26, 2015, 07:04:00 PM »
So I know the revival of Ww has helped a lot of us rekindle our enjoyment of Warriors, and I'm sure I'm not the only one whose picked the first series to read again. I love sharing thoughts and feelings while I read things, especially if I'm re-reading them, so I thought some of you might like that too!

What are some things you're noticing on your new read-through that you didn't notice last time? Things you like, things you don't like, things that you interpret very differently as you did before?

I just finished Into the Wild this afternoon, I found it really hard to put down, which kind of surprised me. It was definitely a very easy read, but I still found Firepaw an endearing character and I found myself clenching my teeth every time Tigerclaw spoke to him. I also had forgotten a lot of what happened, so it's exciting to remember things like "oh yeah, THAT'S how Yellowfang showed up" lol

I do think they tried a little too hard to code Tigerclaw as a villain? He seems to be personally challenging Firepaw at every turn, even though he has no reason to see this kittypet as a threat before he learns what happened to Redtail.

So yeah, share your thoughts and opinions from any of the books you're re-reading :) I'd love to hear them!

(click to show/hide)

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
Re: Re-Read Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 07:21:03 PM »
I'm rereading The New Prophecy :D i just finished Moonrise earlier today

mostly Stormfur needs 2 chill with his romance related narrating.........

also at one point Tawnypelt said something like "four of us are half-clan cats" but?? i don't think brambleclaw counts as half clan right. i mean his parents were both thunderclan when he was... conceived right... he wouldn't become retroactively half-clan just because tigerclaw leaves and joins shadowclan?

Offline Heron

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 07:34:52 PM »
I was actually a little surprised at how little significant interaction there was between Firepaw and Spottedleaf in Into the Wild, considering how much of a big deal is made about it for the rest of the series.

But yeah, Into the Wild held up better than I thought it would. I'm going to hopefully finish re-reading at least the original series again.

Offline Sunneth

• a wet RiverClan cat
  • Leader
  • 4987 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sunneth
  • is not prone to divide by zero
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • hyperresonate@tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 08:12:37 PM »
I did my big reread last summer :(( ahead of the game

I'm reading Yellowfang's Secret right now though and it's making me think back to what details of her were revealed before they made all of this stuff up, and how accurate it really is... but I'd probably need to reread the first series again to really believe it tbh.....

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50562 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 08:57:56 PM »
I'd like to point out how great the fact that the topic pops up as Re: Re-Read Thread is

In the meanwhile, INTO THE WILD: Rusty poops chapter one, the clans really had no reason to take Rusty in, also Graypaw shouldn't be out on his own if he's so young... like was he supposed to be hunting or what... I feel like he was probably so young he should've been getting the territory tour...

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 09:16:44 PM »
eyy i started reading Dawn

"I guess you could say we are given the name we deserve."

WARRIOR CATS: we accept the names we think we deserve

Leafpaw agreed, though privately she doubted that Twolegs had the same connection with their cats as she did with her kin.

okay leafpaw LET ME EXPLAIN U A THING...........

also Graypaw shouldn't be out on his own if he's so young... like was he supposed to be hunting or what... I feel like he was probably so young he should've been getting the territory tour...
in the last chapter of Bluestar's Prophecy after Bluestar sees Rusty and gets interested by him she says she's going to  "ask Graypaw to stalk him for a while" so that's probably what he was doing. even if not at the time it was written.....

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 12:45:04 AM »
I recently re-read the scene in Forest of Secrets where Graystripe gave up his kits to RiverClan.  I'd always thought that Graystripe just meant to give them away while he stayed in ThunderClan, and then changed his mind  and decided to join them in RiverClan when Fireheart insisted that he can't give up his kits.
I just noticed a line in that scene where he said to Fireheart "You'll understand soon", which to me says that he was planning on going to RiverClan all along.  I was just surprised because I've read the book so many times I've literally lost count, and never realized that.

Offline Lightning

• Maybe I'm a fool, but it's always been you.
  • StarClanner
  • 17221 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 09:26:10 AM »
I'm rereading The New Prophecy :D i just finished Moonrise earlier today

mostly Stormfur needs 2 chill with his romance related narrating.........

also at one point Tawnypelt said something like "four of us are half-clan cats" but?? i don't think brambleclaw counts as half clan right. i mean his parents were both thunderclan when he was... conceived right... he wouldn't become retroactively half-clan just because tigerclaw leaves and joins shadowclan?
Well, if you count Firestar, then it's this:

Tawnypelt is ShadowClan/ThunderClan
Stormfur and Feathertail are RiverClan/ThunderClan
and Squirrelpaw is ThunderClan/Kittypet

Because y'know, the Great Firestar is half-kittypet and all.

The little things you do that make me go crazy...
I'm not crazy. You're perfectly perfect to me.

Offline fireheart

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 10:08:19 AM »
I just re-read into the wild a few weeks ago and it held up a lot more than I thought it would. I loved it tbh, I'm really excited to re-read the rest of the series.

Firepaw was really cute, if naive. I found it really amusing when he was first being shown around camp and he was marveling at how everyone looked; there was a sense of awe and wonder in the first arc that none of the others seemed to have.

I was also surprised at how little Spottedleaf and Firepaw interacted; she certainly seems very important to him by the time A Dangerous Path comes around, that's for sure :P

(Also Ravenpaw was precious and Yellowfang was even cooler than I remember her being)

I'm also confused about why Tigerstar treated him the way he did? I don't doubt that he hated Firepaw from the beginning, but the first couple times they interact (with spottedleaf and when they go hunting, i think?) Tigerstar seems to be really interested in him, for lack of a better term. I can't tell if he was trying to assess his personality or what, but I found it really intriguing. Firepaw seemed to moon after him when he first met him in Spottedleaf's den ("do you think he likes me?" oh Firepaw...), I wonder how else things could have turned out. Firepaw would have made a great scapegoat, I'm honestly surprised Tigerclaw didn't pin more stuff on him instead of Ravenpaw.

Offline Lightning

• Maybe I'm a fool, but it's always been you.
  • StarClanner
  • 17221 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 10:34:56 AM »
I was also surprised at how little Spottedleaf and Firepaw interacted; she certainly seems very important to him by the time A Dangerous Path comes around, that's for sure :P
This is why I will never understand Firestar/Spottedleaf. They hardly interacted at all, and then she dies. Like... is there a secret novella out that shows them interacting or something???
?????

I really don't get that ship and how it even set sail to begin with.

The little things you do that make me go crazy...
I'm not crazy. You're perfectly perfect to me.

Offline Jingle

• Long Live the Queen
  • StarClanner
  • 202 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Jingle
  • Out with the old. In with the new.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 12:04:14 PM »
I just re-read into the wild a few weeks ago and it held up a lot more than I thought it would. I loved it tbh, I'm really excited to re-read the rest of the series.

Firepaw was really cute, if naive. I found it really amusing when he was first being shown around camp and he was marveling at how everyone looked; there was a sense of awe and wonder in the first arc that none of the others seemed to have.

(Also Ravenpaw was precious and Yellowfang was even cooler than I remember her being)

I'm also confused about why Tigerstar treated him the way he did? I don't doubt that he hated Firepaw from the beginning, but the first couple times they interact (with spottedleaf and when they go hunting, i think?) Tigerstar seems to be really interested in him, for lack of a better term. I can't tell if he was trying to assess his personality or what, but I found it really intriguing. Firepaw seemed to moon after him when he first met him in Spottedleaf's den ("do you think he likes me?" oh Firepaw...), I wonder how else things could have turned out. Firepaw would have made a great scapegoat, I'm honestly surprised Tigerclaw didn't pin more stuff on him instead of Ravenpaw.
I feel the exact same about both Ravenpaw and Yellowfang :)
And tbh I think Tigerstar picked Ravenpaw as his scapegoat because he knew that Ravenpaw had seen him kill Redtail, and wanted to make sure either a) no one would believe a word Ravenpaw said, or b)Ravenpaw wouldn't be around to tell anyone anything. Maybe he was afraid it would start being less believable if he picked on both of them?

(click to show/hide)

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 10:41:40 AM »
Well, if you count Firestar, then it's this:

Tawnypelt is ShadowClan/ThunderClan
Stormfur and Feathertail are RiverClan/ThunderClan
and Squirrelpaw is ThunderClan/Kittypet

Because y'know, the Great Firestar is half-kittypet and all.
Wasn't Tawnypelt from the same litter as Brambleclaw, though? So if he isn't half-clan, she isn't either. Or does her being in ShadowClan despite being pure ThunderClan count?

This is why I will never understand Firestar/Spottedleaf. They hardly interacted at all, and then she dies. Like... is there a secret novella out that shows them interacting or something???
?????

I really don't get that ship and how it even set sail to begin with.
I've always kind of preferred Firestar/Spottedleaf for how it plays out after she dies. Like, Spottedleaf becomes almost like some kind of guardian figure for Firestar, and she stays devoted to him despite the fact that she knows they can't be together. Similarly, Firestar sees Spottedleaf as an important figure during the early part of his life.

I just have a thing for ships that just don't work out, I dunno.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 10:58:28 AM »
I haven't actually had time to re-read anything recently, though I suppose the WW readthrough of Dangerous Path could count. I had forgotten how paranoid Fireheart was around Bramblekit. I mean, I knew he was a bit nervous about the resemblance to Tigerstar but the sheer amount of distrust for a little kit that Fireheart had was beyond ridiculous.

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Bramblemask

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 07:14:57 PM »
I reread the series ALL THE TIME. I love Warriors way too much. xD;
I will say that I used to dislike the first series because I found it boring and bland. However, after rereading it, I found that I rather liked it. I used to HATE (sooooooo much hate) Greystripe and GreyxSilver, but I ended up liking them after all.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 08:25:32 AM »
I reread the series ALL THE TIME. I love Warriors way too much. xD;
I will say that I used to dislike the first series because I found it boring and bland. However, after rereading it, I found that I rather liked it. I used to HATE (sooooooo much hate) Greystripe and GreyxSilver, but I ended up liking them after all.
Why did you hate GreyxSilver, out of curiosity? xD
I always found the pairing super cute

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~