July 20, 2019, 09:38:03 PM

Author Topic: Re-Read Thread  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Bramblemask

Re: Re-Read Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 03:30:26 PM »
I reread the series ALL THE TIME. I love Warriors way too much. xD;
I will say that I used to dislike the first series because I found it boring and bland. However, after rereading it, I found that I rather liked it. I used to HATE (sooooooo much hate) Greystripe and GreyxSilver, but I ended up liking them after all.
Why did you hate GreyxSilver, out of curiosity? xD
I always found the pairing super cute

Because of Greystripe's attitude regarding his mates. I've got a rant posted somewhere else, so I'mma just copy and paste that to here. n_n;

In OS, he dumped all his duties on his best friend Fireheart to go see Silverstream (including practically abandoning his first apprentice), then had the gall to snap at Fireheart for criticizing that choice when Fireheart had perfect reason to. Graystripe also abandoned his Clan during a battle because he met Silverstream there. He could've, you know, chosen to just fight a different cat instead of her; problem solved and he doesn't have to dump his Clan when he's needed the most. Not much is done in TNP because Dawn, but his only lamentation over Feathertail's death is, and I quote, "It's just so unfair. She was so much like Silverstream..." When Stormfur comments on Feathertail's other great qualities (like her bravery), Graystripe says nothing. The only thing he has to say about the death of his daughter is the fact that she was like his mate, not about Feathertail herself. In TPoT, he abandons inexperienced Hollypaw to go help his new mate Millie (an act that even Millie snapped at him for). When Millie was giving birth, Graystripe told Jaypaw that if it's between the kits' or Millie's lives, let the kits die to save Millie. He says this while thinking of Silverstream, which implies in that context that he would have preferred Stormfur and Feathertail to die as kits if it meant Silverstream could live. When Millie and their kit Briarkit are sick with Greencough, it's only Millie's life that matters to Graystripe. He goes ballistic when Millie is dragged by half dead, but when Briarkit is carried by, Graystripe doesn't react whatsoever despite even Lionblaze realizing how little Briarkit looked dead already (the only indication of life was a tiny exhausted cough and a small tail twitch). One would think that since he's lost a mate (Silverstream) AND a kit (Feathertail), he'd be extremely concerned over both Millie and Briarkit for fear he'd lose another mate and daughter.

There it is. Rereading OS endeared the ship to me, though. <3 I ended up liking it despite his attitude. Like, I don't excuse his behavior because it's inexcusable, but I like him enough now to be able to tolerate it.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 07:07:06 PM »
Oh yeah that's certainly fair reasons. Graystripe was definitely kinda selfish about the whole thing when you really think about it :x (I definitely didn't remember that he didn't react about Briarkit being sick, nor that bit about Feathertail...meh)

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 09:56:14 PM »
i FINALLY finished my tnp reread which took way longer than i thought it would at the start ofc lmao

what i thought was kinda funny at the end though, maybe all the other series do this too and i just don't remember specifically, but it's like. brambleclaw saves firestar from the trap and then kills hawkfrost and then leafpool is like wow yeah blood sure did spill blood and then.... just like that the whole series is over. idk it just seems a little sudden. like, there you go! that's it!

alright i skimmed the end of the darkest hour and to me it seems like more of an ending than sunset at least. idk about the other series but yeah.

Offline Lightning

• Maybe I'm a fool, but it's always been you.
  • StarClanner
  • 17221 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 03:48:26 PM »
i FINALLY finished my tnp reread which took way longer than i thought it would at the start ofc lmao

what i thought was kinda funny at the end though, maybe all the other series do this too and i just don't remember specifically, but it's like. brambleclaw saves firestar from the trap and then kills hawkfrost and then leafpool is like wow yeah blood sure did spill blood and then.... just like that the whole series is over. idk it just seems a little sudden. like, there you go! that's it!

alright i skimmed the end of the darkest hour and to me it seems like more of an ending than sunset at least. idk about the other series but yeah.
Nah, Sunset was hardly a good finishing book, imo. With The Darkest Hour, we get Graystripe becoming deputy, more or less, and the direct aftermath of the battle as the Clans look toward a brighter day. Sunrise gives us the birth of Dovekit and Ivykit, and leads into arc four, and we all know what happens at the end of Omen of the Stars. Dawn of the Clans ended quite wonderfully too, and I'm hoping that Vision of Shadows ends quite well.

The little things you do that make me go crazy...
I'm not crazy. You're perfectly perfect to me.

Offline Graystripe

• StarClanner
  • 2120 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Graystripe
  • "Only an honest death will cure you now."
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr account
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: He/Him
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 09:41:04 AM »
I need to reread soon.  I'll probably post thoughts here when I do.
All is silent in the halls of the dead.
All is forgotten in the stone halls of the dead.
Behold the stairways which stand in darkness;  behold the rooms of ruin.
These are the halls of the dead where the spiders spin,
 and the great circuits fall quiet, one by one.

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1747 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 01:20:34 PM »

I always thought that was kind of funny. OH LOOK THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FULFILLED the end.

Also in TDH, there wasn't supposed to be a second series, she was just going to end it as is + that's why it was so.. good.. so final? i guess.

I need to recollect the books - my mom has my entire series, including signed copies given to me by Sunneth and co. :( I keep picking copies up at thrift stores and book sales at the farmer's market but nothing replaces the books I spent hours with (including spilling food on some)

--

Also wow thank you for pointing out Graystripe's behavior - I didn't even realize he was so selfish? I didn't love him but I didn't hate him... he really DIDN'T seem too choked up about Feathertail. Meanwhile her friends, not family, were completely broken up about it for a long time...

thank you, secret santa!! :D