May 24, 2018, 08:22:25 PM

Author Topic: Favorite Book in the Series?  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Journey

Favorite Book in the Series?
« on: June 25, 2015, 07:02:18 PM »
Creating this thread to discuss what everyone's favorite book was, and why!

Mine would probably have to be Forest of Secrets, as I always thought it wrapped up Tigerclaw's treachery within the Clan pretty well. It was also the ending of Bluestar's power, and the beginning of Fireheart's real journey to greatness. I think the Graystripe/Silverstream relationship was closed realistically, as a happy-ever-after would have been too much to hope for, and I can remember feeling Graystripe's grief as he mourned for her, as well as Fireheart's pain at being separated from his best friend.

While Bluestar's depression seemed forced to me as the series went on, the ending of FoS really gave you that "oh crap" moment where you start to think that Bluestar has lost the will to lead her Clan. The omen Cinderpelt finds of the maggots eating away the insides of the dead bird, suggesting the ThunderClan's fearless leader was falling apart internally, was a nice touch.

Fire and Ice, Into the Wild, and Rising Storm kind of jumble together for second/third place. The Darkest Hour would be higher, but sometimes I still really can't stand the deux ex machina that was Scourge, coming in to kill Tigerstar with one fell swoop. Some scenes of A Dangerous Path had their moments, but Bluestar's character really made me nervous in most parts.

Offline Lightning

• I want to Believe
  • StarClanner
  • 17193 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
Re: Favorite Book in the Series?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 07:19:38 PM »
I loved Forest of Secrets. Everything about it was amazing, and to this day, remains one of my favorites in the entire series.

I also really like Outcast, Sign of the Moon, and the entire Dawn of the Clans arc. The Tribe of Rushing Water are my favorite cats, and pretty much anything they feature in (except for Moonrise- that book made me cry), because their way of life is so interesting and neat. I also really like SkyClan, and books like SkyClan's Destiny, Cloudstar's Journey, and Firestar's Quest are good too.

But really, my favorite book altogether is Long Shadows- mainly because of how dark it is and the appearance of Sol. I also really enjoyed the confrontation with Ashfur and Squirrelflight, and I felt it really set the tone for the last Power of Three book, and helping the original Three find out about
(click to show/hide)

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 846 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 07:42:27 PM »
i have a hard time telling apart books after i read them to be honest but i really liked
(click to show/hide)

i imagine if i actually figured it out my favorite book would end up being something in the first series because i am full force nostalgia for it but i don't know which one. maybe forest of secrets too who knows.

Offline broadwaystar

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 08:03:32 PM »
Well, I feel like I have to reread the whole series before I can give an accurate answer for my favorite now, but back in the day it was The Darkest Hour. I really loved the Original series, and TDH was the exciting conclusion. When I first read the series it was all about finding out what happened next to the characters and seeing what crazy plot twists Erin Hunter would throw my way. I also it might have had something to do with TDH being the only main series book (till the The Last Hope) to have a completely satisfying conclusion. There weren't any loose ends waiting to be tied up in the next series.

Offline Heron

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 12:03:22 AM »
Any of the original series (though The Darkest Hour was probably the best of those), plus Eclipse.

Offline Sunneth

• a wet RiverClan cat
  • Leader
  • 4987 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sunneth
  • is not prone to divide by zero
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • hyperresonate@tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 12:13:32 AM »
oh gosh this is a really hard question... I don't remember specifics of what happened in each book, honestly, and though I reread the entire main series last summer I don't remember a lot of what happened in general.

That being said, my first inclination is Fire and Ice. Just because Cinder and Bracken. And just general nostalgia feelings, because Fire/Gray were just barely warriors, and there's just something about that that feels magical in a way, you know.

I also liked SkyClan's Destiny pretty well, I think. I also have a soft spot for Firestar's Quest because I managed to get a First Look copy of it and I cried when my mom surprised me with it (since she'd told me she never heard back from them.......). She'd wrapped it up in gold tissue paper to give to me ;v;

Offline Frostclaw

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 01:05:46 AM »
Crookedstar's Promise or Firestar's Quest. It helps that the Super Editions are stand-alone, and don't require all the other books in an arc to get the full story, otherwise it would be The First Battle.

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 08:28:14 AM »
I really like The Darkest Hour. that's my favourite one for me, just because I really like the last, climactic battle. They probably could have wrapped the series up right there, and I would have been happy.
I also really like sunset, and how the final battle in that book was so much smaller, but really represented a lot in terms of ideologies
I just really like the finale books ok
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Lightflame

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 01:23:14 PM »
My absolute favourite book in the franchise is The First Battle. Clear Sky was a great antagonist, the reasons for everything that happened were pretty believable, their were some incredibly emotion scenes, and the last sequence from the meeting at Fourtrees on is absolutely perfect.

My other favourites are The Last Hope (for being a worthy conclusion to the series, although I enjoy the continuation books), Tallstar's Revenge (which I found really moving), The Darkest Hour (because it was amazing, as everyone knows already), and Dark River (for having an interesting and fairly unique conflict, establishing a lot of the mythos for the Era of the Three books and beyond, having good character development for the Jay Holly Lion trio, and being a generally good book).

Offline Archy

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 10:09:05 PM »
My personal favorites are The First Battle, and Tallstar's Revenge. The First Battle is a massive gutpunch of feels, and Tallstar's Revenge had fantastic writing, showed a side of Tallstar we didn't know existed, and gave us the best shipping ever known as TallstarxJake <3.
Dumb looser nerd who likes cats, reading, and Nintendo. Enthusiast of coconut cream pies. Unoriginal bio <3 NNID : Archeops127; FC: 1349-5096-5450. Conor R.

Offline sageheart

• buddy i aam afraid
  • Apprentice
  • 1006 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To sageheart
  • absolutely not egg salad
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them is best
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 10:42:03 PM »
for me, I have to say Twilight is probably an all-time favorite! I used to re-read it when I was sick, so maybe it's just nostalgia talking, but the way Cinderpelt's death and the events leading up to it were just heartbreaking. The whole badger attack scene is still so incredibly powerful to me.
that being said I also really loved The Sun Trail from DOTC, because Gray Wing is my favorite protagonist of the entire series. He just slightly edges out Brambleclaw from TNP. i just love how hard he tries through the whole book to come to terms with
(click to show/hide)
and always trying to do the right thing. he's so great imo.
and Tallstar's Revenge was a very good book as well. I would never have expected Tallstar to be such an outcast, and yet, it worked so well in the book. I was worried when a distinctly wise and measured character was going to be portrayed as vengeful, but it came out surprisingly well. and Tallstar/Jake was a surprising dynamic that was fun and refreshing to read. all in all, great book.

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 05:48:44 PM »
The Darkest Hour is my long-time favorite.  It was just the perfect ending to the series and had a lot of exciting things happen and lots of twists that we hadn't seen before, and it culminated in an epic conclusion. 

Bluestar's Prophecy is my second-favorite.  I'd long dreamed of a Bluestar book, and this one was pretty good, still has a lot of that early-series feel.

Code of the Clans is my third favorite.  I know it's an odd one, and I can't quite pin down why I like it so much.  I do love all the little stories though (and seeing Wwian names in it!).  There's just so many interesting situations in that book, and I like a lot of the characters.

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 03:34:30 PM »
Bluestar's Prophecy is probably my most favorite book. It made me cry so. much. and I guess I just really like emotionally draining books? The plot was a lot different than what I was used to with the rest of the Warriors books, too. I also really love origin stories, and seeing all my favorite characters from the original series was like a second Christmas to me. Plus, like Dawnwing pointed out, it had a lot of original-arc-feel to it.

Other than that, I think Forest of Secrets and The Darkest Hour are tied for my second favorite books. They had so much plot in them that I found them both especially hard to put down.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 03:47:32 PM »
I have to pick one per series because I like too many of them?? In the first series it was either A Dangerous Path or The Darkest Hour (Probably Darkest Hour I think, it was just so exciting when I first read it)

My favorite from New Prophecy was Moonrise because the Tribe was cool and
(click to show/hide)

Twilight was a fave too.

I'm not sure I could pick any favorite from TPoT or TFA because I honestly struggle to tell the books apart (I haven't read them as many times as the other ones so events....kinda blur together idk)

Fave Super Edition is Bluestar's Prophecy, though Skyclan's Destiny is a close second!

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline glimmer

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 11:39:31 PM »
i'm a huge fan of the super editions personally, so firestar's quest and bluestar's prophecy are definitely up there, especially the latter. plus they look awesome. from the main series i'd say i really enjoyed dawn, since i found the clans' journey to be a really good read, and dark river though the only thing i remember about it was the tunnels (granted, i was a big lion/heather fan back in the day)

can't forget into the wild, either; that one will always hold a special place in my heart, as i think it does for many others <3

blinkie by moss | pixel & clks by altias
(click to show/hide)