September 25, 2018, 10:08:52 PM

Author Topic: Music!!  (Read 11127 times)

Offline Pantherstrike

• ~*~ Official Pearl Fangirl ~*~
  • Warrior
  • 238 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Pantherstrike
  • never made it to 10k posts on v4 rip
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
Music!!
« on: June 25, 2015, 08:57:51 PM »
What kind of music are you guys into? What have you been listening to lately?

I'm mostly into emo, pop punk, and pop. Yeah I'm that guy. My tastes vary more than that though. The band I've listened to the most in the past few months is The Mountain Goats, who are certainly not any of those genres, though they can be hard for me to classify with anything but a generic unspecific "indie" label. I saw them last month and it was AAAAAAMAZINGGGGGGGG and I'm generally just kind of...obsessed...right now. My other favorite artists include Anberlin (Cities is my favorite album of all time), Fightstar (PLEASE LISTEN TO FIGHTSTAR), Nate Ruess/The Format/Fun, and Andrew McMahon/In the Wilderness/Jack's Mannequin/Something Corporate/Andrew you have too many bands stop that.

tumblr / pixel by altias / avatar art courtesy of secret santa

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
  • awards This mini-feather is presented to those who have or have had a character with a high rank! This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ThunderClan!
  • Referrals: 61
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/Them
  • Mood: Fruity
Re: Music!!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 09:00:12 PM »
I'm 100% into synthy, ambient, and electronic music. If you can picture yourself listening to it at 1am on a car ride across the countryside, it's probably a song I'd like. I'm a huge fan of Wolfgun and Casey Lalonde, ehehe.
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 09:01:43 PM »
I'm pretty much a pop and Jpop type of person. I'm also really into Nicki, but not really any other rappers... But a lot of the big names, like beyonc, nicki, taylor... I listen to all of them. i'm that person lmao
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline broadwaystar

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 09:02:45 PM »
I only listen to the Mountain Goats.

tMG is my main musical obsession at the moment. Tallahassee is my favorite album by them, but all of their stuff is brilliant. I really got into listening to them last summer, and my love for them has only grown. Beat the Champ definitely didn't disappoint.

Other bands I've listened to recently are Cloud Cult and Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks. My favorite genre of music is actually classical, and I love all things wind ensemble.

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 09:09:47 PM »
I'm a huge fan of Wolfgun and Casey Lalonde, ehehe.

yoooo i love Wolfgun

i listen to a lot of hipster indie bandcamp music haha. i really like lo-fi bedroom pop stuff and electronic music and math rock.

blacksquares/mom is my fave this album is so great

i love flatsound, cyberbully mom club, bulldog eyes, panucci's pizza, deerpeople and kaizers orchestra

also anime music and kpop. i love f(x).

this is another one my favorite albums i have it on cassette tape :3

Offline Pantherstrike

• Warrior
  • 238 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 09:14:39 PM »
I only listen to the Mountain Goats.

tMG is my main musical obsession at the moment. Tallahassee is my favorite album by them, but all of their stuff is brilliant. I really got into listening to them last summer, and my love for them has only grown. Beat the Champ definitely didn't disappoint.

BRUUUUHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSS! I was just thinking today about how much I wanted one of those "I only listen to the Mountain Goats" shirts haha

I only got into them pretty recently too, and it's great because their discography is so extensive it feels like there's still so much to listen to! The day I can say I've heard every Mountain Goats song will be a sad one. My favorite albums are probably The Sunset Tree, We Shall All Be Healed, All Hail West Texas, and Transcendental Youth. It's crazy to me that I can list four albums from one band as my favorites in their catalog and still feel bad for leaving some favorites out! My favorite TMG songs would probably beeee... Your Belgian Things, Broom People, Oceanographer's Choice, No Children, and Amy aka Spent Gladiator 1.

Offline Ariel

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 09:21:06 PM »
I have no idea what type of music I listen to other than that it falls under the category of rock. I never could figure out all the sub-categories.

As of this moment, my favorite bands are: Circa Survive, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, Arctic Monkeys & The Neighborhood.
Last concert I went to was Anberlin (I really want them to get back together one day - they're so good live). I'll be seeing Death Cab for Cutie in September and I'm hoping to go see The Neighborhood in October, but I don't know if that one will happen just yet.

I do listen to a bit of hip-hop and classical. I also like game and movie scores (great when writing).

Also always open for some new bands. Loved getting obsessed with a new song/band.

Offline Pantherstrike

• Warrior
  • 238 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 09:24:35 PM »

Last concert I went to was Anberlin (I really want them to get back together one day - they're so good live).

I saw them on their farewell tour too and it was amazing. Really emotional for me too because they've been my favorite band for a long time. I want them to get back together but if that's the last memory I have of them as an active band I'm good with it honestly.

Offline broadwaystar

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 09:40:00 PM »
BRUUUUHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSS! I was just thinking today about how much I wanted one of those "I only listen to the Mountain Goats" shirts haha

I only got into them pretty recently too, and it's great because their discography is so extensive it feels like there's still so much to listen to! The day I can say I've heard every Mountain Goats song will be a sad one. My favorite albums are probably The Sunset Tree, We Shall All Be Healed, All Hail West Texas, and Transcendental Youth. It's crazy to me that I can list four albums from one band as my favorites in their catalog and still feel bad for leaving some favorites out! My favorite TMG songs would probably beeee... Your Belgian Things, Broom People, Oceanographer's Choice, No Children, and Amy aka Spent Gladiator 1.

Saaame, it's so real, ha.

Yeah, there's still a lot of their music I definitely still need to get to. I love being able to discover new songs by them. Like, I listened to Golden Boy for the first time the other day, and it was fantastic. That's so true, though. I have so much trouble picking favorites, just because there's so much good stuff. There's a bracket tournament going on in the tMG subreddit right now and it's killer; it's so hard picking between songs.
My favorites are always changing too. Sometimes I won't pay much attention to a song on an album, and then one day I'll be listening to it and BAM it becomes the brilliant thing ever.
Some of my favorites are: This Year, Going to Georgia, Cubs in Five, Source Decay, Color in Your Cheeks, No Children, First Few Desperate Hours, Harlem Roulette, The Ballad of Bull Ramos, Psalm 40:2, and about a billion others. :B

Offline Heron

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 09:49:18 PM »
I'll listen to pretty much anything, but my favorites are probably soundtracks and classic rock. My all-time favorite album is actually the third volume of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OVA Soundtrack. That's pretty much exactly my favorite music right there, and "A God of Time" and "Parting Friends" never fail to make me emotional. Some other soundtracks I like are the ones for NieR, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and Attack on Titan.

As for the classic rock side: my absolute favorite band is Queen. I'm still always in awe of how amazing their music is. A Kind of Magic is my favorite "actual" album, and "Princes of the Universe" is my favorite song. I also like David Bowie, ELO, the Talking Heads, the Moody Blues, Europe (The Final Countdown is a really good album), Led Zeppelin, Bon Jovi, 70's-era Heart, Wings, Styx... there's a ton.

For Japanese music, my current favorites are Maiko Fujita, Kalafina, and AKB48 ("Beginner" is my jam).

I have to say, honestly, my favorite concert I went to was a Weird Al one. It was actually super entertaining and enjoyable.

Offline Holly

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 09:56:04 PM »
musicals, mostly.

but other than musicals:

i love taylor swift, marina and the diamonds, lorde, and bastille.

i listen to a lot of stuff from bandcamp when i'm bored.
tumblr / twitter / goodreads
who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

Offline Teezy

• Official Jolyne Fangirl
  • Elder
  • 724 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Teezy
  • "i want to see the starlight"
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 10:22:18 PM »
I listen to a lot of stuff, like a lot of stuff. There aren't really any genres I don't like.
But some of my favorite artists hm...
Bessie Smith, I really dig.
Massive Attack.
Pink Floyd.
DMX.
Iron Maiden.
Tech N9ne.
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

I guess generally I tend to like things with a really aggressive vibe but I'm also very fond of stuff with a very ethereal, pyschedelic sound or a moody, bluesy atmosphere. (If the three of them are combined that's all the better.)

I also really dig listening to orchestral soundtracks. (Princess Mononoke's probably my favorite.)

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50780 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 10:46:52 PM »
I'm... pretty basic tbh lol... mainly into rock, alternative, indie, emo, and pop punk but I get into different moods where I'll listen to very different kinds of music for stretches of time (I had this 2000s rap/pop playlist that I was reaaaally into that I had to give up when I left facebook because I couldn't unlink my old spotify account... and I also enjoy instrumental music kicks and other things)

But, my favorites are
♥ Panic! at the Disco, Foo Fighters, Fall Out Boy, and Circa Survive

I uh, feel like I'm bragging but I've been to quite a few concerts... and the most fun that I've had at a concert was dancing to Mayday Parade. Like it shouldn't have been more fun than the Panic! at the Disco/FOB/twenty one pilots Save Rock n Roll tour because I adore those bands (or... I adored 2 of those bands at the time... 21p wasn't really on my radar...) but that might have more to do with getting seats instead of pit tickets...
I also got called out by Bert McCracken, Lead Singer of the Used for being tired and sitting down during their set at Warped Tour and he honest to god wouldn't continue the show until I personally stood up. (Emolord-senpai noticed me *-*)

Most recently I went to a techno indie pop concert (I think that's what they call that genre?) and it's just not my scene... but Purity Ring was pretty good

probably not actually music related but I just wanna chill with Gerard Way and talk about art idk man he's like... 30 something but I just wanna hang

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 10:49:10 PM »
oh yeah i forgot about Purity Ring i really really love Shrines it's so good. i haven't listened to their new album though.

Offline Jingle

• Long Live the Queen
  • StarClanner
  • 202 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Jingle
  • Out with the old. In with the new.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 11:03:31 PM »
Like it shouldn't have been more fun than the Panic! at the Disco/FOB/twenty one pilots Save Rock n Roll tour because I adore those bands (or... I adored 2 of those bands at the time... 21p wasn't really on my radar...) but that might have more to do with getting seats instead of pit tickets...
Ahh I'm so jealous, I wanted to go see Panic! and FOB together so bad, but like I didn't realize they were touring together until like the day before they were coming near where I am, which was lame. I did get to go to Monumentour last year which was AMAZING so I'm super super hype to be going to see Fallout Boy again this weekend on the Boys of Zummer tour aaahhhhh even though I really dislike wix khalifa's music it's hopefully worth it

but yeah I'm really into pop-punk music, Fallout Boy and Paramore are my true music loves, though Marina and the Diamonds is also super incredible. Plus Taylor Swift's new album has me falling for her music all over again.

I keep meaning to get into All Time Low but buying an album is such a commitment lol

(click to show/hide)