July 16, 2018, 04:58:18 PM

Author Topic: Music!!  (Read 10931 times)

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50782 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
Re: Music!!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 11:43:49 PM »
Like it shouldn't have been more fun than the Panic! at the Disco/FOB/twenty one pilots Save Rock n Roll tour because I adore those bands (or... I adored 2 of those bands at the time... 21p wasn't really on my radar...) but that might have more to do with getting seats instead of pit tickets...
Ahh I'm so jealous, I wanted to go see Panic! and FOB together so bad, but like I didn't realize they were touring together until like the day before they were coming near where I am, which was lame. I did get to go to Monumentour last year which was AMAZING so I'm super super hype to be going to see Fallout Boy again this weekend on the Boys of Zummer tour aaahhhhh even though I really dislike wix khalifa's music it's hopefully worth it

but yeah I'm really into pop-punk music, Fallout Boy and Paramore are my true music loves, though Marina and the Diamonds is also super incredible. Plus Taylor Swift's new album has me falling for her music all over again.

I keep meaning to get into All Time Low but buying an album is such a commitment lol
Yeah, as soon as FOB came off hiatus and announced that they were going on tour I watched them like a hawk.
I also made a bet of sorts with my friend that if Panic toured with them, and nearby, I would buy tickets for both of us instantly...
it was six months in advance and general admission was already gone, leaving only seated tickets, and also only ones to the far left or right of the stage...
Still it was SO AWESOME AHHH everyone was so friendly and hyped and plus This Is Gospel had literally just come out and Panic played it and I was so happy I wish I could go to more of their shows

Totally get what you mean... Hope you have tons of fun though :)

Is spotify an option for you? because most of the ATL discography is on there...

personal tangent but I've listened to Girl's A Straight Up Hustler nearly 2000 times and it never fails to sound new to me and this strange magic occupies my thoughts a whole lot

Offline Jingle

• Long Live the Queen
  • StarClanner
  • 202 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Jingle
  • Out with the old. In with the new.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 12:40:05 AM »
Like it shouldn't have been more fun than the Panic! at the Disco/FOB/twenty one pilots Save Rock n Roll tour because I adore those bands (or... I adored 2 of those bands at the time... 21p wasn't really on my radar...) but that might have more to do with getting seats instead of pit tickets...
Ahh I'm so jealous, I wanted to go see Panic! and FOB together so bad, but like I didn't realize they were touring together until like the day before they were coming near where I am, which was lame. I did get to go to Monumentour last year which was AMAZING so I'm super super hype to be going to see Fallout Boy again this weekend on the Boys of Zummer tour aaahhhhh even though I really dislike wix khalifa's music it's hopefully worth it

but yeah I'm really into pop-punk music, Fallout Boy and Paramore are my true music loves, though Marina and the Diamonds is also super incredible. Plus Taylor Swift's new album has me falling for her music all over again.

I keep meaning to get into All Time Low but buying an album is such a commitment lol
Yeah, as soon as FOB came off hiatus and announced that they were going on tour I watched them like a hawk.
I also made a bet of sorts with my friend that if Panic toured with them, and nearby, I would buy tickets for both of us instantly...
it was six months in advance and general admission was already gone, leaving only seated tickets, and also only ones to the far left or right of the stage...
Still it was SO AWESOME AHHH everyone was so friendly and hyped and plus This Is Gospel had literally just come out and Panic played it and I was so happy I wish I could go to more of their shows

Totally get what you mean... Hope you have tons of fun though :)

Is spotify an option for you? because most of the ATL discography is on there...

personal tangent but I've listened to Girl's A Straight Up Hustler nearly 2000 times and it never fails to sound new to me and this strange magic occupies my thoughts a whole lot
Ahh oh man I love love love This is Gospal, I'd love to hear them actually play it in person. But yeah I'm going with my mom and my cousin, and me and my mom are like "we'll buy merch and food while Wiz is performing..." lol going to a rap concert with my mom is super weird but she actually really wanted to come see fallout boy again lol

omg I literally never think about spotify? that's actually a p good option. I really like the way the lead singer of ATL sounds, so I'm p sure I'd really like their stuff anyways :3

(click to show/hide)

Offline tinyfeather

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 11:51:36 PM »
my tastes are pretty varied so i'm not sure what i'd say my usual genre is??? idk

my absolute favorites are probably bright eyes, hozier, and bastille.

i also like taylor swift, owl city, elle king, gregory and the hawk, andrew mcmahon's many bands, mary lambert, lana del rey, melanie martinez, lorde, death cab for cutie, mumford & sons, and bon iver. lots of others too. i just picked some off of my spotify list haha

Offline Pine

• Leader
  • 995 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Pine
  • slightly unsettled bird
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Her's
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 09:11:56 AM »
ps I appreciate your music taste. I just saw nate ruess live in NYC two weeks ago. I love all he puts out, esp the old format stuff. Also I've been listening to a little bit of the mountain goats, I wanna listen to more.

My music has took a weirdly punk turn. I've always liked everything, but alternative always tends to be what I always go back to. I have a very soft spot for the Front Bottoms. Like very. Like I love them and don't know why. I also have been into Andrew Jackson jihad, pat the bunny, kodaline,  cage of the elephant, and a lot of stuff in between. I will do a better post about music at some point but yeah.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dustfeather

• (not a feather duster)
  • ShadowClan
  • 46914 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dustfeather
  • ♫ I fought urlawn and urlawn won~ ♫
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ShadowClan!
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • Vague as the Shadow
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 10:03:52 AM »
Iron Maiden.

^ ♥

My favourite music is power/symphonic metal: stuff like Nightwish, Power Quest, In Legend, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, etc. I also like some slightly harsher stuff too (Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Behemoth, etc.), and on competely the other end of the spectrum, acoustic folky stuff (Indigo Girls, Madison Violet, etc.) ^_^

I also adore classical music, both playing and listening, and my favourite composers are Chopin and Smetana :3 My favourite pieces to play on piano are fast sonatas with dramatic, satisfying endings xD

Thank you, Wolfie!

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 12:17:36 PM »
guys is anyone into Marina and the Diamonds??? bc I love her tbh she's so good
@tinyfeather , you like Lana?! Lana is like my mother. Her music videos are so dramatic she's so good
This @ feature is amazing
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline tinyfeather

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 02:06:18 PM »
@heat i grapefruiting LOVE lana, she's incredible and makes me feel so delightfully melancholy
and i like marina and the diamonds but i wasn't a huge fan of froot

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 02:24:50 PM »
@heat i grapefruiting LOVE lana, she's incredible and makes me feel so delightfully melancholy
I like a few songs off of froot, like Happy and I'm a ruin, but a lot of the other ones were just kinda meh. Electra heart was SO good though like damn
Bubblegum blueberry is my anthem tbh

Offline tinyfeather

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 02:30:53 PM »
@Heat i grapefruiting LOVE lana, she's incredible and makes me feel so delightfully melancholy
I like a few songs off of froot, like Happy and I'm a ruin, but a lot of the other ones were just kinda meh. Electra heart was SO good though like damn
Bubblegum blueberry is my anthem tbh
omg yes same
and i really like sex yeah and teen idle too. actually that whole album is bomb.

Offline fireheart

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 03:51:17 PM »
I'll listen to p much anything, but my brother is metal elitist trash so I listen to a ton of ambient metal/post metal/prog metal/ etc etc etc. My fave bands from that realm of music would be The Ocean, Dream Theater, Between the Buried and Me, Baroness, and If These Trees Could Talk! I also recently got into Contortionist.

I also recently got into indie and electronic/synth kind of stuff, so I've been listening to a lot of Purity Ring and Glass Animals lately. Now, Now is a good group as well, and I really enjoy Mother Mother's stuff.

(also Nicki Minaj is my queen and i love p much everything she does)

If anyone's into choral music, I'm happy to gush over anything and everything Eric Whitacre has done. I still listen to all the stuff I loved in middle school (Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, All American Rejects, etc etc etc) too and I'm always down to talk about how great they are

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2015, 04:44:36 PM »
I think I have odd tastes compared to most other young people.

I like country (although not a lot of the newer stuff that came out in the last year or two), instrumental music (movie and videogame soundtracks and similar stuff), 80s music, and Irish/Celtic music.

I'm going to see Gaelic Storm in concert on the 4th, the day after my birthday.  I haven't listened to them much until the last week when I learned that they were coming.  From what I've read, they're actually a real big-name group, so that's exciting.  Also I learned that they were the Irish band in the dancing scene of the movie Titanic, my favorite movie, and that's what kind of catapulted their popularity, so that's cool too.  (Plus a Sims 2 expansion has them singing a Simlish version of one of their songs, which is hilarious.)  I'm excited for it, anyway.

I've had this one of theirs stuck in my head for a few days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkiLddYJTDs

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2015, 05:56:00 PM »
@tinyfeather SEX YEAH IS MY JAM OH MY GOD AND TEEN IDLE IS SOOOO GOOD
I think the only song off of Electra heart that I'm not head over heels with is hypocrates and even then it's really good

Offline Tom

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 05:58:38 AM »
I usually listen to classical (piano geek for life), soundtrack, classic rock, new wave, folk, pop/indie pop, indie rock, metal, EDM and stuff like that. It's fun to wake up with a different song stuck in my head every day.

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 11:57:18 AM »
I LOVE MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS

electra heart is a musical masterpiece, but family jewels and froot are also amazing obviously.

musicals and pop music are my jam. i love kpop girl groups.

Offline Holley

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2015, 07:15:09 PM »
my music taste is all over the place. right now i have been listening to Hudson Taylor, Escape the Fate, and a little John Mayer, very little. And of course my staples: A day to remember, blink 182, simple plan, good charlotte, stuff like that :)
amberstipe, dustfeather, hperadam