December 13, 2018, 12:28:11 AM

Author Topic: challenges suggestions  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Ivypool

challenges suggestions
« on: August 10, 2015, 07:39:48 PM »
uh i havent seen one being started yet so here's a thread that ppl can share and suggest ideas for challenges [inc. med cat's quest, i think] since i think we can do that?

uhh anyways here's one of mine: Perhaps some that don't involve real-life activity?  idon't think some people want to share their face/voice/ whatever with other people online, so it's good to accomadate for them, too
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Lightning

• Nothing's fair in Love and War.
  • StarClanner
  • 17203 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
Re: challenges suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 07:50:17 PM »
uhh anyways here's one of mine: Perhaps some that don't involve real-life activity?  idon't think some people want to share their face/voice/ whatever with other people online, so it's good to accomadate for them, too
Good point, Beebs! It would be a good idea to perhaps provide an alternative. It's safer for some of the minors who don't have as much freedom as the older members..
Another one would be where it also involves money, I'd think?? Not everyone has access to that (and I also don't have access to cats, since where I live, we can't have them), so making something else would also work.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
  • awards This mini-feather is presented to those who have or have had a character with a high rank! This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ThunderClan!
  • Referrals: 61
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/Them
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 08:03:19 PM »
Another one would be where it also involves money, I'd think?? Not everyone has access to that (and I also don't have access to cats, since where I live, we can't have them), so making something else would also work.

I'd like to emphasize this!! More activities including things that are easier to get without money would be a great way to make the quests easier and more accessible for others.
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 03:31:32 AM »
These are all good points. I haven't participated in any myself but if there were some that were slightly different I might.

Some ideas:

-An all art challenge (You're given a list of items to draw)
-An all writing challenge (Similar concept as the art one but for people who prefer writing or can't draw)
-Puzzles! Crosswords, word searches, more quizzes. These might be a bit more work to set up but they are very accessible
-Card collecting challenge (you must acquire certain trading cards; I know this has been done in at least one challenge)
-Characters irl - A longer scavenger hunt where you find and take pictures of cats and caption them as whatever Warrior Cat you think they look like (you just have to collect a certain number of them to pass)
-FST Challenge - Bring back the concept of fan sounds tracks! The challenge would involve creating a FST for a given character (requirements would be something like must have a certain number of songs minimum and must create a custom "album cover")

Stuff like this could be fun I think!

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Spellmaster

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 01:24:36 AM »
agreeing about spending money and also the pics/videos/recordings of self thing, I'm not really comfortable sharing that stuff (and I don't have a good way to take videos or recordings anyway). other than that, my main concern is access to obscure things? I live in a small town where the nearest malls and zoos are hours away, so some specific animals or plants or whatever just aren't available...

I do appreciate that we need only 7/10 of the objectives for the med cat quests, and since we can skip some prompts I don't think the money/video/rare item ones need to totally disappear, but I feel like more people might participate with fewer of them in general (or alternatives)

my favorites are the creation activities though!! like, the ones about art or crafts or taking pictures of things that aren't people, those look fun

as for suggestions for other challenges, I still think it would be cool to have some scavenger hunts where your prize is based on how many of the objectives you meet (more completed within timeframe = bigger rewards), and clan scavenger hunts where the whole group works together! (if the usergroup numbers don't even out, we could always combine some groups to make it more balanced, so everyone gets the Team Experience)

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 03:12:00 PM »
clan scavenger hunts sound AMAZING +1 to that idea

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Tom

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 05:21:34 AM »
agreeing about spending money and also the pics/videos/recordings of self thing, I'm not really comfortable sharing that stuff (and I don't have a good way to take videos or recordings anyway).

I do appreciate that we need only 7/10 of the objectives for the med cat quests, and since we can skip some prompts I don't think the money/video/rare item ones need to totally disappear, but I feel like more people might participate with fewer of them in general (or alternatives)

Just casually dropping by to agree with this, 100%.
If there was more creating stuff and scavenging which didn't involve pics/recordings of selves I would definitely love to give these a try.. ^^

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Meadowbreeze

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 08:16:36 AM »
Maybe we should have more actual scavenger hunts.
Also this is less of a challenge, but I think one of those HF games is going to happen!

Thanks for the avatar ss!
Thanks for the sig other ss!

May you find a shiny Glaceon in your travels.

Offline Tom

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 10:39:38 AM »
There's a chance, yeah! I think Darkstar dropped the comment that there would be some kind of game sooner or later a while back  :)

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake