July 22, 2019, 05:29:18 AM

Author Topic: How did you get into Warriors?  (Read 3052 times)

Offline broadwaystar

How did you get into Warriors?
« on: June 25, 2015, 11:11:31 PM »
What led you start reading Warriors?

For me, I got my start a little over seven years ago. I was a member of another forum at the time, and there was a group of people that were really into these Warrior cat books. I didn't get what the big deal was, but I was curious enough to check them out. I picked up Into the Wild from Barnes and Noble, and fell in love with it immediately. It was so different from the books I normally read, but it was really exciting and the world it developed was really cool. I spent the summer reading through the series, and started getting involved in the fandom online.

What about you?

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
Re: How did you get into Warriors?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:18:10 PM »
I was 10 years old and at my friend's birthday party and one of her gifts was Into the Wild and Fire and Ice. She was already into Warriors and already owned Fire and Ice so she gave it to me. Then one day I decided to read it and about two sentences in to the prologue I figured I should read the first one first so my mom took me to a bookstore and I got Into the Wild and read it and then I loved Warriors!!

and then me and that friend played warriors in real life and turned our houses into territories and were the leader and deputy of a clan and these boys in our fifth grade class decided to be bloodclan and we fought each other at recess and eventually the teachers had to tell us to stop

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
  • awards This mini-feather is presented to those who have or have had a character with a high rank! This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ThunderClan!
  • Referrals: 61
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/Them
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 11:47:56 PM »
An ex-friend of mine asked me if I knew about it when I was like... 11? 10? I don't remember. And I ended up buying the first book of the first series and accidentally bought and read the fourth and fifth of the second - I got totally spoiled but didn't mind, really. We would larp a lot in the friend's backyard (which was like, a TON of cowfields, and our main camp was in a small ravine type thing!).

Don't miss the friend very much, but I do miss larping.
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline Jingle

• Long Live the Queen
  • StarClanner
  • 202 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Jingle
  • Out with the old. In with the new.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 11:57:41 PM »
I used to roleplay on neopets. Like a lot. And around 2006 there were a sooo mannyyy warriors rps going on and I was like "wow, a book about cats!" so I went to the store and I bought the first Warriors book I could find (It was Moonrise, I didn't realize there were different series).

Luckily before I had a chance to start reading it I started second grade and the girl that sat next to me in home room was reading them and we talked about them and she told me which ones I needed to read first, and we're still friends to this day (it was also moss's friend who made them read the books lol)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Heron

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 12:00:11 AM »
My friends were reading the books, and I liked cats, and I liked books, so I figured I'd like cat books. I was right.

Also, nice to see that I wasn't the only one playing Warriors with their friends when they were like 10.

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 12:05:13 AM »
second grade
i think u mean seventh lol

unless elizabeth time traveled back to 2001 with warriors books

Offline Lightning

• Maybe I'm a fool, but it's always been you.
  • StarClanner
  • 17221 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 12:35:51 AM »
One of my teachers recommended the books to me back when the second and first arcs were the only things that were really around and still new. All I can remember from that time is that she mentioned something about "a cat being in a square in the middle of the book", and that's the only thing I can recall. I think I read Into the Wild when it first came out, though, because something about the plot of the first book felt...oddly familiar to me when I started actually reading them in 2008-ish. ... it also explains why I knew the name 'Whitestorm' before I really got to understand the series oops.

The little things you do that make me go crazy...
I'm not crazy. You're perfectly perfect to me.

Offline fireheart

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 01:07:14 AM »
I think my mom or my brother bought me Into the Wild randomly back in 2005 or 2006 from Barnes and Noble - I had just read Varjak Paw and I was determined to read every 'cat book' I could get my hands on. I got all my friends into the series, joined a warriors roleplay guild on neopets, and that was that, I suppose! I did an embarrassing amount of larping with my friends in our backyards haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Offline Frostclaw

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 01:10:57 AM »
I started about ten or eleven years ago, before the first arc had even ended. My friend was really into the series, and she always let me borrow her copies before I was able to get my own. We used to roleplay on the playground at school, with her as leader and me as deputy.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 02:24:15 AM »
I was in middle school and saw Into the Wild at the school library and decided to read it since Firestar looked like my cat. I was the only one in the school to ever check them out, but the librarian and I were basically friends, so she used to buy them just for me.

Offline Bladeh

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 02:28:24 AM »
I got into Warriors through my interest in Animorphs. That's probably not too surprising. Back in the first half of 2007, I was talking to someone about Animorphs. We both knew about and liked the series. Then she told me about a series of cat books I might be interested in. Unfortunately, I didn't remember about the books until much later in the year when I was browsing through a Barnes and Noble while on vacation. I saw a variety of cat books on the shelves and thought was this the series she was talking about? and bought Forest of Secrets. The rest is history.

Offline Lightning

• Maybe I'm a fool, but it's always been you.
  • StarClanner
  • 17221 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 06:29:56 AM »
Am I seriously the only one that never actually roleplayed Warriors irl..? I didn't have any friends to gossip about this series and now I feel like I missed an important rite of passage. ;.;

The little things you do that make me go crazy...
I'm not crazy. You're perfectly perfect to me.

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 08:24:31 AM »
Nah, I didn't live role play warriors, but I did a bit of it online, so you know
My mom wanted me to read more books, and I ha heard of warriors before, so she bought a few of the books for me and I really liked them! So I kept on reading them
I don't read any anymore though
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline broadwaystar

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 10:38:02 AM »
Am I seriously the only one that never actually roleplayed Warriors irl..? I didn't have any friends to gossip about this series and now I feel like I missed an important rite of passage. ;.;

I missed out on that too. I started reading the books when I was 13, so I was at an age when none of my friends would be down for that, lol. None of them read it anyways.

Offline Lightflame

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 10:44:18 AM »
I read a ton, especially fantasy books. When I was younger, my mom bought me new books as a reward/incentive for things.

In the middle of 2005, during one of those times, I found the Warriors series near the back of the store. I read the backs of the books, and was confused, because the first book talked about "Rusty" and the main character but the next books all talked about "Fireheart".

What I thought happened was that Rusty was the main character in book one, but something happened to him, and Fireheart became the new lead. One of the key points in convincing me of that was the back of Fire and Ice, which started with "Fireheart is a ThunderClan warrior now". The emphasis is supposed to be on warrior, but I thought it was on ThunderClan, and that Fireheart was a cat from another Clan who joined ThunderClan after Rusty suffered some grim fate.

That sounded interesting enough to me, so I got Into the Wild, and I've been hooked ever since.