July 20, 2019, 09:40:22 PM

Author Topic: How did you get into Warriors?  (Read 3049 times)

Offline Holly

Re: How did you get into Warriors?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2015, 10:08:51 AM »
i think one of my friends introduced it to me? i know i started reading it in the middle of the second series, lol (haha 10-year-old me had no regard for plot and continuity). and then i liked it so much i managed to get my entire grade into it. we were playing warriors at recess.
tumblr / twitter / goodreads
who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

Offline broadwaystar

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2015, 01:37:00 AM »
I started when I was like.. fourteen or fifteen, so that I totally get. No one else wanted to read the cat books and actually laughed at me for it quite a fair bit. I suspect a couple of my friends know what it is, but don't read it or want to admit they read it.

I distinctly remember going through great pains to make sure that no one at school saw what I was reading. I'd always hold the book so the cover wasn't showing. Once someone asked me what I was reading and who it was by, and I was pretty relieved that she'd never heard of it. I told a couple of close friends about reading the series, but they were pretty indifferent to it. I did see two different people reading Warriors at my high school, but I was too shy to talk to them.

Offline Lightning

• Maybe I'm a fool, but it's always been you.
  • StarClanner
  • 17221 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2015, 06:25:56 AM »
I started when I was like.. fourteen or fifteen, so that I totally get. No one else wanted to read the cat books and actually laughed at me for it quite a fair bit. I suspect a couple of my friends know what it is, but don't read it or want to admit they read it.

I distinctly remember going through great pains to make sure that no one at school saw what I was reading. I'd always hold the book so the cover wasn't showing. Once someone asked me what I was reading and who it was by, and I was pretty relieved that she'd never heard of it. I told a couple of close friends about reading the series, but they were pretty indifferent to it. I did see two different people reading Warriors at my high school, but I was too shy to talk to them.
That's why I took the dustjackets off my books after the first couple times of being laughed at. I hated being mocked for enjoying a book series. The only other person I knew that read it doesn't get along with me anymore since apparently borrowing a book for "more than a week is socially unacceptable" and she ignored me after that.

The little things you do that make me go crazy...
I'm not crazy. You're perfectly perfect to me.

Offline Jilda

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2015, 09:35:34 PM »
I was never mocked for reading them but I read them in the fifth grade/throughout middle school so there's also that I guess. I did find a couple of people who also read them and remember getting into deep conversations with them about the books, it was some fun times.

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Splashy

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2015, 11:32:17 PM »
I was an avid reader when I was young, and still am. When I was young, my elementary school had Library periods during the day where the class would all go to the little classroom-turned-library we had in the building, which was this pleasant space with loads of books. We could check out books and take them home, and one day, I picked up Into the Wild. I was hooked, and I got my friends hooked too when we were young. It had to have been second or first grade. We all got into creating clans and characters- on paper, we didn't really roleplay it as we had a continuing roleplay going on about a tiger family already. But we made clans based off of our friends and had a good time. I remember I made an entire clan based off of my classmates. 

I got into roleplaying on neopets and a warriors guild through which I eventually found Warriors Wish. And for a long time, I was hooked. 

Offline broadwaystar

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2015, 10:16:14 PM »
That's why I took the dustjackets off my books after the first couple times of being laughed at. I hated being mocked for enjoying a book series. The only other person I knew that read it doesn't get along with me anymore since apparently borrowing a book for "more than a week is socially unacceptable" and she ignored me after that.

That sucks; teenagers can be so petty and mean.

Offline Holley

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2015, 11:05:44 PM »

I wasn't mocked ever, but I went to great lengths to making sure that no one knew I read them. I would only read them at night pretty much. I had a reputation at school and it did not include reading a book series about cats... :(

To this day only my family knows. And the reason for that is because my sister, Sorrel, was the one that got me into these books. To be honest, I absolutely hate cats and actually am scared of them. But yet I loved a book series about them and joined a forum. I dont know why i took to these books, but I did. My only explanation is possibly because we had to move for not so good reasons and I was having trouble adjusting to everything happening and the books were something to do and the forum let me actually talk to people.
amberstipe, dustfeather, hperadam

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2015, 11:39:25 PM »
Funny story: I started roleplaying Warriors about two years before I actually read the books. I just enjoyed the premise. But I actually picked up one of the books (Fire and Ice, I think) at Walmart one day, and finally started to read it. So I never stopped until I was about eighteen and now I've picked it back up again. I have a huge Warriors book collection.

I'm just amused at myself for only knowing about Warriors via roleplay initially. I don't even remember how it started. I think I spotted one on Avidgamers one time and that's what sparked it.

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline thunderpetal

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 12:24:15 PM »
i saw someone with a warriors book when i was around second grade, and i was like "hey that looks cool" so i forgot there was an actual first book and i ended up reading the sight and i had no idea what was happening lmao rip

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2015, 02:33:47 PM »
I discovered Warriors in second grade I think? I saw a few girls in my class walking through the halls with books from the second arc, and I loved reading and animals so I decided to check it out for myself. My mom took me to the bookstore and I noticed that there were almost a dozen books in the franchise at that point, so after a few minutes I determined that Into the Wild was the very first, and I bought it!

I started reading it, but my home life wasn't great at that time so I only got halfway through the prologue before something distracted me and I put it away. After that I didn't pick it up again until the end of fifth grade. I couldn't put it down, and despite my family making fun of me each step of the way, I continued buying the books and reading them until the fourth arc. I have the first two books, but I couldn't get into them as much as the others, so I stopped.

I've been thinking about picking Warriors back up again, though. I won't be reading them as frequently as I used to, but the whole franchise feels like a safety blanket to me at this point.

Offline Owlfrost

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2015, 09:05:00 PM »
I got into the series out of pure curiosity. Many old friends were really into Warriors, but I wasn't big on reading (and quite honestly not great at it), so I never got into it. I'm happy I have it now, though, since it gets me through my depression. The characters feel so real and I always feel like I'm right there with them.

Facebook | Twitter | Gallery

Owlfrost | Nightshade | Silverthorn | Lilyshine | Tumblepaw

Offline FandomsAssemble

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2015, 08:33:58 PM »
I was looking for a book to read in third grade and picked up Bluestar's Prophecy and thought "Ooo, shiny." I was super confused about brambles and imagined them as marble for some reason, so the nursery was a marble room with columns [idek what the heck I was thinking]. I really liked it and started reading the first series and just spiraled down into it. I actually met one of my best friends because I was singing "Firestar doesn't like waffles" on the bus. xD Then that friend got another friend into Warriors and we roleplayed every day at recess. It was awesome until some jerky kids started making fun of us in fifth grade, which hasn't stopped yet [but it's slowed down]. Sadly, both of those friends don't read the series anymore and I have to go online to find people to discuss it and roleplay with.

Offline Wolfie

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2015, 08:36:34 PM »
I remember getting it for christmas, but  forget if it was in grade five or grade six. It was at the time when Into the Wild was paperback, but the new series wasn't out yet Anyway, I was completely hooked. I never did the IRL roleplaying which is kind of disappointing, looking back on it, but it was starting to become the time in life where "you didn't pretend play anymore" and it was really having some problems of trying to fit in at the time, so that was a no go.
However, I did have a couple of my friends borrow it, and by the time I was 13,  I was making websites for it, including a rp proboards site that my friends would go on a rp on. Those were some good times.

I still read the books now and then, but only occassionally; I haven't even read all the ones I have. I'm not much of a reader anymore.

Thank you SS!
Felt my signature is too large and too lazy to resize at the moment
(click to show/hide)
Thank you for the grab-bag gift Dustfeather!
(click to show/hide)

Offline amberstripe

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2015, 12:18:51 PM »
I saw my sister reading them when I was nine and convinced her to let me read them. I stopped for a bit after I finished the first series, cause I didn't know there was a second one.. but then I found the second series. I know I joined Warriors Wish not long after I caught up, Starlight was the last book out when I joined, and I remember talking a bunch about who would die in Twilight when we found out the prologue...
so I guess I was actually nine when I joined the forums o.o;
i had no sense of following the rules dear god.
#Save lightFlight 2k15

Offline fireheart

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2015, 12:45:58 PM »
omg, nine? how o__o didn't starlight come out in 2006??