July 19, 2018, 06:26:45 AM

Author Topic: Poor College Kids Club  (Read 34696 times)

Offline hyperadam

Re: Poor College Kids Club
« Reply #705 on: November 02, 2016, 10:23:02 PM »
I only had one midterm, and I'm only going to have one final, but I've got a report worth 70% of my mark due in about a week that I've only just started... And then I have another report, with a simulation component, due at the end of the month... And of course, assignments are still going on in the background.

As far as my thesis goes, I was hoping I could at least have a proposal written out within the next few weeks so I could apply for NSERC, but I'm not sure if that's happening.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Heron

« Reply #706 on: November 13, 2016, 09:33:19 PM »
I've hit that point in the semester where I have a ton of work for all of my classes, and it's all due around the same time. Hopefully it'll calm down by Thanksgiving, because it's super stressful right now.

Offline tinyfeather

« Reply #707 on: November 13, 2016, 10:36:34 PM »
I've hit that point in the semester where I have a ton of work for all of my classes, and it's all due around the same time. Hopefully it'll calm down by Thanksgiving, because it's super stressful right now.
haha SAME
i have two exams tomorrow, another tuesday, a huge group project that we should probably finish this week bc it's due the week after thanksgiving break and i know nobody wants to work on it then, a term paper, another paper for my psych class...it's cool i'm not dyin i'm Fine

Offline Raintalon

• Velociraptor Supreme
  • Elder
  • 136 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Raintalon
  • That is a good wisdom.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
« Reply #708 on: November 15, 2016, 06:27:53 PM »
For some reason the chairs in the computer science building are really comfortable. I'm not complaining.

Some of the work is beginning to pile up (I have two papers, two CS assignments, a journal for English, a tiny presentation, and a report kinda thing to do) but most of it is easy enough I'm not super stressed... Yet.
There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose.
What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which.
A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails.
Sometimes it may never land at all...
-Grimsley

Offline Heron

« Reply #709 on: November 21, 2016, 02:49:52 PM »
I'm finally close to the end of the semester. I just have to finish writing some papers, and then I'm pretty much done until January.

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #710 on: November 27, 2016, 12:39:38 PM »
This week is my hell week... So many things to do, and I just can't be productive for some reason... My partner for my group projects isn't really helping either. Even when he does contribute, I need to extensively proofread his work because it's terrible.

At least it will all be over soon...

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Heron

« Reply #711 on: January 21, 2017, 10:30:10 PM »
Well, this is my last full-time semester of undergrad. After this, I just have two more classes over the summer, then one in the fall, and that's it.
It seems like the workload might be a little bit heavy this time, but it's nothing unmanageable so far.

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #712 on: January 27, 2017, 08:04:23 PM »
Well, this is my last full-time semester of undergrad. After this, I just have two more classes over the summer, then one in the fall, and that's it.
It seems like the workload be a little bit heavy this time, but it's nothing unmanageable so far.
Congrats on being so close to finishing! On the plus side, if your workload is a bit heavy this time around, those last three courses will feel that much less stressful.

As for me, this is my last semester of actual courses before I start focusing full time on my thesis. Things are starting to get a bit difficult after an easy start, but I've already got a pretty good work rhythm going that I'm doing a good job of maintaining.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Heron

« Reply #713 on: January 31, 2017, 10:26:16 PM »
It seems like the workload might be a little bit heavy this time, but it's nothing unmanageable so far.
Congrats on being so close to finishing! On the plus side, if your workload is a bit heavy this time around, those last three courses will feel that much less stressful.
Thanks!
Yeah, my last class is going to be a really easy one, so I've just got to make it through my winter and summer classes. I actually have a summer break lasting more than a week or two this year for the first time in a while, so that'll be nice.

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #714 on: February 28, 2017, 04:39:52 PM »
im going to japan
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #715 on: February 28, 2017, 07:11:08 PM »
Omg again?

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #716 on: March 01, 2017, 09:53:41 AM »
I've got a midterm tomorrow and I'm getting a take-home midterm today, so I guess I'm going to be pretty busy for the next few days. And then after that I should probably start getting serious about my final project...

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #717 on: March 01, 2017, 08:25:10 PM »
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #718 on: March 02, 2017, 03:31:03 PM »
im so confused....

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #719 on: March 03, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »
I've got a midterm tomorrow and I'm getting a take-home midterm today, so I guess I'm going to be pretty busy for the next few days.
Actually scratch that, the take-home midterm got postponed by a week because of a bomb threat. Also, the midterm yesterday went terribly, but it seems like that was the case for everyone. At the very least, I think I did better than my terrible solid state midterm last semester.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |