July 19, 2018, 06:28:46 AM

Author Topic: Poor College Kids Club  (Read 34697 times)

Offline Heron

Re: Poor College Kids Club
« Reply #720 on: March 03, 2017, 04:27:26 PM »
Well, it was really hectic, but I survived midterm week. I'm hoping that I'll be a little less busy for a while now.
I'm going to set up my first actual in-person academic advising appointment next week. The system doesn't seem to want to recognize one of my gen ed classes that I took, so I really want to get that sorted out soon.

Offline Raintalon

• Velociraptor Supreme
  • Elder
  • 136 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Raintalon
  • That is a good wisdom.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
« Reply #721 on: April 08, 2017, 03:40:21 PM »
*sneaks in*

Everything's going well over here! Just got done with a class CS project. Fingers crossed I did it right, some the instructions were a little sketchy lol

Other than that, getting a tad slammed. Calc test on Wed, paper due Thurs, take-home English quiz due 8:00 AM Mon. It's all good but a bit stressful at times.

Also, I'm taking Russian next semester! It's gonna be great : D
There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose.
What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which.
A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails.
Sometimes it may never land at all...
-Grimsley

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #722 on: April 13, 2017, 05:16:57 PM »
As of today, I'm officially done with classes. Possibly forever unless I decide to do a PhD at some point.

All I have left is my take home exam from Monday to Wednesday, and then another exam on the 26th. The take-home exam pretty much eliminates everything that makes me struggle with exams, so I'm not worried about it, but that last exam is one I'm going to have to really prepare for.

After I'm done with those two exams, I can finally start working on my thesis full-time. I'm actually really looking forward to it. And hopefully I'll find some kind of source of income, because I need money.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Heron

« Reply #723 on: April 25, 2017, 11:08:26 PM »
Well, if I did well enough on this last final, I might have been able to manage getting a 4.0 overall GPA this semester, so here's hoping that it went well.
My last few classes shouldn't be too stressful, hopefully. It's shocking how close I am to being done with undergrad. It really went by a lot faster than I thought it would.

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50782 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #724 on: April 26, 2017, 07:49:59 AM »
I passed my entry review and am officially a drawing/painting studio major, yayyy (apparently every single person made the cut this semester, funsies)
But what's really special is they put up a list of badasses that apparently put up portfolios that were just a little more noteworthy than the rest & I got listed B^)

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #725 on: April 26, 2017, 05:17:23 PM »
I am finally done with exams! My take-home exam was... not really a disaster, but it turned out a lot worse than I expected. I'm worried I may have squandered my good marks in the rest of the course. My other exam, on the other hand, felt really good. Although there was some stuff I wasn't sure about, I was able to fully answer every question and was actually the second person to finish. It's weird, because the midterms for both of these courses were kind of the opposite of what the finals were like.

Anyway, my marks are still kind of a concern, but even if I do wind up having to retake some courses I'll at least have the summer off (because it's too late to apply for summer courses). Obviously, I need to start working on my thesis, but I think I've earned at least a week off.

But what's really special is they put up a list of badasses that apparently put up portfolios that were just a little more noteworthy than the rest & I got listed B^)
Wow, that's pretty sweet. Congrats!

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #726 on: April 30, 2017, 10:10:56 AM »
Idk how I passed advanced cell biology but holla at ya boy bc I grapefruiting did!!! Wow he did that
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Raintalon

• Velociraptor Supreme
  • Elder
  • 136 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • That is a good wisdom.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #727 on: April 30, 2017, 08:26:02 PM »
Three finals down, two to go. Unfortunately, one of those two is at 8 AM tomorrow morning, and it's Calculus B.
-Grimsley

Offline Neon Skylite

« Reply #728 on: May 01, 2017, 05:34:15 AM »
Is this only about college, or can you talk about skool here?

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #729 on: May 04, 2017, 05:35:53 PM »
Is this only about college, or can you talk about skool here?
I think there was a high school thread at one point, but it got overwhelmed pretty quickly...

Anyway, I got my marks back two days ago, and they turned out pretty well. I was worried about maintaining a B average, and I got two B+s, so it turns out I was worried about nothing. That take-home midterm still really hurt me though, since I had an A- going in... The other exam seems like it went well though, considering how band the midterm was.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Raintalon

• Velociraptor Supreme
  • Elder
  • 136 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • That is a good wisdom.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #730 on: May 11, 2017, 07:57:45 PM »
Didn't do too well on the cal b final but everything is okay, I survived
-Grimsley

Offline Jayfeather

« Reply #731 on: August 15, 2017, 03:23:08 PM »
does anyone have advice for not getting along with ur roommate? mine goes to sleep really early (9pm) and wakes up at 6 am, then actually starts telling me to wake up??? she doesn't go out at all either so im never alone even though i go out quite often and give her hours of privacy, and i cant have anyone in the room??

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50782 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #732 on: August 21, 2017, 10:36:54 PM »
does anyone have advice for not getting along with ur roommate? mine goes to sleep really early (9pm) and wakes up at 6 am, then actually starts telling me to wake up??? she doesn't go out at all either so im never alone even though i go out quite often and give her hours of privacy, and i cant have anyone in the room??
sorry for being late but it's a conversation that starts with "hey I can't do that. that doesn't work for me."

Offline Heron

« Reply #733 on: September 02, 2017, 10:15:58 AM »
I'm graduating this semester! Guess I'll be out of this club for a while soon.

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #734 on: September 13, 2017, 07:50:48 PM »
I'm graduating this semester! Guess I'll be out of this club for a while soon.

congrats! hopefully I'll be joining you soon