December 17, 2018, 04:10:54 AM

Author Topic: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
« on: October 19, 2015, 10:39:22 AM »
STAR WARS

I've delayed making this thread for so long and I'm not really sure why BUT HERE IT IS

Most of you probably know that I'm completely obsessed with the entire Star Wars franchise. I love the movies, the books, the tv shows, the comics, the video games, the online games, the merchandise, the actors, the music, everything.
I'm also super in love with the extended universe (EU), which Disney tragically declared non-canon after they took control of LucasArts. Most of my favorite characters are actually a part of the EU, so I still consider them canon in my heart.

I'm so excited for the new trilogy~! The cast is amazing, the posters and trailers and art are all amazing, I have such high hopes tbh. Boyfriend and I are planning on seeing it opening night and I'm already so anxious and giddy about it.
I got goosebumps watching the trailer, and when Han and Chewie came on screen I practically sobbed. Ugh. So beautiful. <3

So discuss!
please I don't want to be the only one

Also, please no hating on the prequels. Some of us (including myself) like them a lot, and I don't want this thread to turn into a rant against Jar Jar :P

Offline fireheart

Re: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 10:56:00 AM »
Star wars!!! I know very little about the extended star wars universe tbh, but I grew up with the films and I consider them really important to me. Including the prequels, yes- Attack of the Clones came out when I was old enough to care about it (like 8) and I loved Padme so much that even now I still have a very soft spot for the movie haha. That scene where they're all chained up and have to escape the arena is so cool tbh??

I'm so super stoked for episode seven to come out!! I think I missed the tickets for opening day going on sale (was that friday?) but i'm going to see it as many times as I possibly can. The cast looks great, the villains look great, what little we know about the story looks great and I absolutely adored that first trailer. I actually really liked JJ Abram's Star Trek reboot, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does with this movie.

Also Star Wars Land. That is all.

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 11:32:29 AM »
Yessssss Padme is the love of my life she's so precious and badass <3
I watched all of the films when I was around 8 as well, but at that time Episode III was in theaters so I saw that with my family. I loved it and got a bunch of toys and video games from it, but I sort of faded out of it after I got into Warriors haha.
But then I met Boyfriend (who's more obsessed than I am) and he reignited my love for the whole franchise. He also taught me a lot more about it!

I'm also really looking forward to seeing what JJ does... I love his other works so I'm hoping this one will meet my expectations (and possibly exceed them).

STAR WARS LAND I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! I plan on going once a year if I possibly could <3
Also Boyfriend got to go to the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim this past summer, I was so incredibly jealous...

Offline fireheart

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 07:12:58 PM »
got a ticket for dec 18 >:))) yessss i'm so stoked i'm gonna trudge through a blizzard to see this movie if i have to

also can we just talk about that trailer?? that half second with han and leia?!?? ? [screams]

Offline runningfire

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 08:20:20 PM »
this is the first star wars movie I'll get to see in theaters and I am so pumped omg. my mom even offered (completely unprompted) to stand in line with me opening night for the first showing if I want to which surprised me.

I originally saw all the movies around the time revenge of the sith came out on dvd, and since then I have been a big fan. I was probably around.... 15-ish when I started getting into the EU and I now have a nice collection of books. I'll be honest, I'm still a bit upset about them being demoted to "legends" but I guess I'll live.
i fell in a hole

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 08:49:52 PM »
got a ticket for dec 18 >:))) yessss i'm so stoked i'm gonna trudge through a blizzard to see this movie if i have to

also can we just talk about that trailer?? that half second with han and leia?!?? ? [screams]
Yay, that's awesome! Congrats!
Also YESSSSSS THE TRAILER!!!!!!!!! It gave me so many goosebumps and I teared up so much, I'm so pumped to see it <3

this is the first star wars movie I'll get to see in theaters and I am so pumped omg. my mom even offered (completely unprompted) to stand in line with me opening night for the first showing if I want to which surprised me.

I originally saw all the movies around the time revenge of the sith came out on dvd, and since then I have been a big fan. I was probably around.... 15-ish when I started getting into the EU and I now have a nice collection of books. I'll be honest, I'm still a bit upset about them being demoted to "legends" but I guess I'll live.
Ahhh awesome! What books do you have? Right now I have the Republic Commando Series, the Darth Bane Trilogy, Darth Plagueous, Deceived, and Death Troopers. The only one I haven't read yet is Deceived, and I'm really looking forward to reading it :3

Offline runningfire

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 09:48:06 AM »

Ahhh awesome! What books do you have? Right now I have the Republic Commando Series, the Darth Bane Trilogy, Darth Plagueous, Deceived, and Death Troopers. The only one I haven't read yet is Deceived, and I'm really looking forward to reading it :3

oh gosh, i'm trying to envision my bookshelf in my head. i have almost the entire New Jedi Order series which is like, twenty books? i have the dark nest trilogy, and some of the series that comes after that. i have the novelizations of the movies, i have a bunch of the little kids picture books (real mature, i know, but they are adorable) i have a few clone wars are books, but i cant remember which ones exactly. i also have darth plagueous, but i haven't read it yet. is it good?
i fell in a hole

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 10:57:59 AM »

oh gosh, i'm trying to envision my bookshelf in my head. i have almost the entire New Jedi Order series which is like, twenty books? i have the dark nest trilogy, and some of the series that comes after that. i have the novelizations of the movies, i have a bunch of the little kids picture books (real mature, i know, but they are adorable) i have a few clone wars are books, but i cant remember which ones exactly. i also have darth plagueous, but i haven't read it yet. is it good?
Boyfriend recommended the New Jedi Order series, I'm looking forward to reading them when I get the money to buy them all! And I have one of the picture ones (I forgot what it's called, but it's about Leia and Vader), it's adorable <3
Darth Plageuous is REALLY political, which I enjoyed, but it can get a bit slow at times because of it... But overall I think it's definitely worth reading! I loved it, and I loved reading about the origins of Sidious and his master :3

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 03:10:41 PM »
I AM VERY HYPED FOR NEW MOVIE han solo has always been a fave >u>
also speaking of ~extended universe~ has anyone played either of the Knights of the Old Republic games? Easily some of my favorite star wars material right there.

I have only read one book. It involved Boba Fett (he survived the sarlaac pit somehow) I don't remember that book like at all. It's on my shelf somewhere at home though. I also have a really nice book that invents anatomy for a bunch of star wars creatures, it's really nifty.

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 03:18:48 PM »
Yes yes YES I love Knights of the Old Republic!
I have yet to play the second one, but I know almost everything that happens because boyfriend is completely in love with those games, and so he's told me long stories about them. Bastilla is one of my all time favorite characters, and me and boyfriend wanted to cosplay as Bastilla and Revan for a Star Wars Celebration someday <3

I know what book you're talking about, but I don't remember the name because I haven't read it myself. But yes, Boba surviving the sarlaac pit used to be canon :'c

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 03:30:48 PM »
My favorite character from the first game was Mission. She was cute. Man it's been years since I played those games though haha. To be honest, I remember liking the second game better for some reason even though I'm fairly sure I found the storyline of the first game to be better. I'm not sure why.

(If y'all ever cosplay Bastilla and Revan you should totally post pics btw >:3c )

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Rayne

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 08:05:12 PM »
So, we have this awesome thread from a long time ago in a forum far far away and yet no discussion of the brand spanking new movie! (or do we still have peeps here who haven't seen it? Then in that case we can spoiler away!)

Oh man where to even begin. So much new material, so much speculation!

And then there's all the stuff coming out like the Rebels Series and all the in-between literature coming out filling in the gaps.  This is going to be a really busy year. You know, if it wasn't for me getting into EU stuff, I would have never discovered this wonderful cat fandom.  It's a shame it's all gone to the 'Legends' print, but I'm glad they're at least respecting that it's there and not to be simply discarded.

What have you guys been most excited for, whether from the movie or the other stuff coming out?

I'm honestly very excited still over
(click to show/hide)
joining the cast of Rebels.  The way Disney continues to tie in everything into a very tight timeline and minimizing plot holes while giving a fresh meaning to existing Star Wars material is amazing.

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 08:45:28 PM »
Omg yes the new movie let's discuss <3 <3 <3
My boyfriend's friend got the three of us tickets to an advance screening on the 17th so I got to see it a day early and I was hyperventilating the entire day I was so excited.

(click to show/hide)

I haven't started watching Rebels yet unfortunately (since I don't usually watch tv, I just stick to Netflix mostly), but I was also SUPER excited to see that you-know-who was added to the cast :3

I was really worried when I heard that Disney was taking over, but other than turning older novels into "legends" I also think they've done a surprisingly great job!

Offline fireheart

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 09:01:36 PM »
I'll be the first to admit that I have no experience with the EU, but I do try to at least hang around the periphery when people are discussing it. I know a little about the Rebels series and Kanan and whatnot, but it's all very basic and limited information.

That being said, I've still only seen TFA twice (hopefully gonna see it again tomorrow) but I'll put down my preliminary thoughts below the spoiler cut

(click to show/hide)

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 09:22:38 PM »
(click to show/hide)