July 16, 2018, 05:26:14 PM

Author Topic: Ww: The Heavily Modified Tabletopesque Game Edition  (Read 3412 times)

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50782 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
Re: Ww: The Heavily Modified Tabletopesque Game Edition
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2016, 10:31:50 PM »
Can I clarify the "humanoid" thing and be a gnome in my non-plant form?

Offline Tom

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2016, 11:27:35 PM »
@lavender yaaas

@Neon Skylite there's a reason I didn't ask for alignment ;) thanks otherwise though, I'll add you to the player list tonight. Cool to see two dragons xD

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Tom

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2016, 06:02:42 PM »
It was a dark, gloomy night in the town of Ww. The lights of the Residential District had dimmed to black long ago; as the moon neared its peak, the Business and Royal District were following its lead.

The only part of the Ww which showed any signs of life was the Workers District - crawling with the working class and the ignoble, this little quarter of the town was a world of its own.

It may close its eyes and lay still, but the Workers District never truly slept.

To the untrained eye, Ye Olde RBe Taverne would appear to be closed, in line with its curfew. But the regulars knew that this venue never lent itself well to silence.

Through the Second Hand Cards shop... a quick tangent down the tight, stinky alley... a short, secret knock on a tall bolted door... anyone who needed it could rely on the Taverne's asylum at any hour.

And enough exposition, for this is where the story starts - through this secret door, a small gang of strangers who knew each other very well now enters. Each of them had awoken that morning to a crude letter under their doors, summoning them to this venue - and signed by an 'X'.

The Wishers find the Olde RBe in its usual state; the regulars are slumped over the counter, whispering gossip. The bartender who works the late shift looks ready to keel over from exhaustion, but smiles as a greeting all the same.

On a stool in the corner sits an unrecognisable figure, wearing a dark hooded cloak. The Wishers suspect this figure may be the 'X' they have been summoned by.

The setting/scene sucks sorry, I wrote it on the bus. It should pick up momentum later :P

Anyone who wants in on this adventure... What will you all do?

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50782 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2016, 09:54:50 PM »
Although Emerath is supposed to know these others, it's not been entirely necessary to remember names or faces due to my line of work, which I haven't been involved in for very long, and I don't believe has involved many of the others
I'd like to look around for the most nervous looking person here?

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
  • awards This mini-feather is presented to those who have or have had a character with a high rank! This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ThunderClan!
  • Referrals: 61
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2016, 09:59:35 PM »
Ah, the tavern! A good place to stop after a busy day working - sore, but curious of this "X" person, I walk in, pupils rounded to take in the dull lighting of the place.

I'd like to know if I can see anyone familiar!

(thanks for the clarifation btw @Tom )
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline Tom

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2016, 10:12:25 PM »
@lavender

After pondering who the most nervous-looking individual in the Taverne is, Emerath begins talking to herself.

@altias

After your vision adjusts to the light of the Taverne, you take a look around.
You have met Emerath before.
There seems to be something oddly familiar about the figure in the corner.
You recognise the bartender and many of the locals, but you do not know them by name.

PS. Because of how long it's been I'm not 100% sure who will be interested in joining the party... xD

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
  • awards This mini-feather is presented to those who have or have had a character with a high rank! This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ThunderClan!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2016, 10:16:31 PM »
Oh! Nice. I'd like to approach Emerath with a worried look, since seeing someone talk to themself - while really not uncommon - tells me something is wrong. I'd maybe also like to say hello.

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50782 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2016, 10:26:38 PM »
Emerath doesn't realize she's been talking to herself :D
"Oh, hello... um..." Emerath looks up at your face and then past you as if she's trying to look at some sort of cheat sheet for your name
she's not great with names, but she seems eager to know "... Altias, right?"

Offline Darksight

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2016, 11:49:16 PM »
[Shoot, man. I guess this is where I come in. And here is where we find out how much of an RP geek Darksight is.]

I  stumble through the darkened alleyways of the Worker's District. Spending most of my time beyond the town of Warriors Wish, much of it is foreign to me. Eventually, though, I do find the fabled "secret door" to the Taverne. Taking one last look at the note in my metallic hand, signed only with an "X," I execute the secret knock and am allowed into the tavern.

I survey the room before going over to the bartender and asking for the strong alcohol he has. Isopropyl, if possible. Upon receiving said booze, I pull out a small cloth from my pack and proceed to use the alcohol to disinfect and clean the metal plating that constitutes my body.  I am covered in dirt and grime after a long time on the road. I make sure to tip the bartender (5 PP, let's say).

I assume I see the hooded figure. Can I check to see if they're carrying any weapons?

Offline Tom

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2016, 12:02:14 AM »
@Darksight
The bartender thanks you gratefully for your tip. "It's not often we see out-of-towners in a place like this." He muses, cleaning your small empty glass. "That one's on the house. What brings you to these parts?"

You eye (socket?) the hooded stranger discreetly, without approaching. You cannot see any sign of a weapon; however, you feel as though they are looking back at you...

Offline Darksight

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2016, 12:13:34 AM »
(I'm gonna try a couple perspectives, see what works. 3rd person for now.)

Arrow shakes off the hooded figure's gaze and turns back to the bartender. He stares for a moment, as if parsing what the bartender asked.

"Note," Arrow says benignly after a time. He pulls a crumpled piece of parchment from his belt and pushes it across the table. It's still damp from the road. He gestures with a nod toward the hooded figure in the corner. "From them. I think." He points with a tentative metal hand toward the figure, as he is sure the figure knows Arrow is watching them. "Who."

Speech is not Arrow's strong suit.

OOC:

Also, Tom, I look like this.

(Art courtesy of Mike Krahulik).

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2016, 12:22:56 AM »
Teryk is seated at the far end of the bar, seemingly pondering purchasing a drink, but wavering in her indecision. She glances over and notices a few of the other folks in the bar have started speaking among themselves. Forgetting about buying a drink for the moment, she cheerfully raises a fuzzy paw and waves at the others, making a tiny chirp of greeting. She has somehow seemingly not noticed the mysterious figure at all.

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2016, 02:45:18 AM »
"Yeah, Altias!" I probably look surprised at how Emerath pronounced my name right on the first try. "And you're Emerath, right? I don't think we've met formally before."

... I look around shiftily before leaning closer and saying, "You're here about that X guy too, right?"

Offline Tom

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2016, 02:57:36 AM »
@Darksight @Darkforestwarrior

Trying not to be taken aback by the abrasive nature of Arrow's speech, the bartender makes a big deal of assessing the character in the corner. "Hmmm, perhaps you should go and speak to them? They've been sitting there alone all night. Haven't wanted a drink or anything."

He pauses for a moment to slip a short, crude menu in front of Teryk at the other end of the bar. Most of it is clearly delicately printed; the final item is scribbled in large decisive letters as though doing anything but drinking here was an afterthought.

Ye Olde RBe Taverne Bevvyes

Ale............1pp
Spirits........3pp
Water..........3pp
Catnip tea.....3pp
"Stuff".......10pp

BREAD - 2PP

One of the inebriated regulars leans over and starts perusing the menu, as if they haven't already memorised it.

Offline Neon Skylite

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2016, 03:03:34 AM »
and here is the neon, in its natural habitat, roleplaying.
TL;DR: Skyflash goes to the taverne. She finds X and asks who he is. Yes that's it I'm such a freak for literate roleplays.
Skyflash loved the town of Ww. At day she would fly from her faraway mountain home where the only clouds were small, puffy high and feathery and the sun shone all day to visit Ww weekly. However, she visited Ww no more than three days in a row. When night fell and the moon made its way across the sky the Regcifius Cataegis* dragon would leave Ww to the comfort of the mountains where the very few plants sighed and the wind whispered across the cliffs. But one day her den was decorated with a note written on a flat stone. Obviously, this person had the sense to send a tablet rather than a paper that would easily succumb to the winds of the mountains but what was written was more important. Visit the taverne as the moon hangs high, as the lights are black and the wishers sleep. - X Before any White Regals would wake, Skyflash broke her rule of visiting Ww only three times in a row and took flight to the town.

A white shape crawled across the streets for she was lucky the curfew was taking place and the wishers comfortably lay dormant. Her white claws, of the look of marble, feel of ivory and strength of stone tapped faintly against the gravel. Skyflash's note - er - tablet was clamped firmly in her mouth. The white tendrils ran from her forehead curled fearfully down to her front feet. What sounded like a sigh frightened Skyflash, making her furry tendrils stand on end: however it was only the rustling of a stalk, yet to grow anything. Frost clawed bit by bit at her body as Skyflash stumbled in the veil of night. As a Regcifius Cataegis, she was not built to see, let alone manoeuvre in the dark for she was meant to ride the winds of the open sky and pursuit prey in the soft rays of daylight, feeding on the smaller winged creatures that take flight in the unlucky time of a hunting dragon.

A faraway light, similar to the ones her kin would see on a hunting trip attacked her vision. Her species could see light quickly, effortlessly and accurately. Unfolding her large wings, a beat sounded as the white dragon disappeared behind a sea of clouds.
---
Skyflash banged her two claws against the door. She heard a "come in" and entered the taverne. Alcohol was bad for her: dragons like her would contract a horrible illness upon the consumption of alcohol. Instead, she bunched together her rather large body (about two average 18-year-olds high) and gingerly dropped the stone onto a nearby table from the mysterious figure.

The dragon noticed Teryk and waved back, her tendrils curiously perking. Running her claws through the feathery antennae idly she studied the writing on the stone again and flicked her eyes back to the strange dark person. As a dragon, her people obviously didn't share the same language but she did her best to learn the dialect they called "English" as best as she could within the three years she had of visiting Ww.

"Uhm, you are X, right?" she inquired in her strong accent. (which is london british) Another question nagged in her head. Why, am I, of all people, here?

---
OCC octopi on cars time!
I'm working on a bio for Skyflash rn. Also some customs of her kin (which actually refer to not her family, but her group. Like warrior Clans or a tribe.) which will be in a google doc.