October 17, 2018, 10:04:29 PM

Author Topic: Separate Ww Fanfic Board?  (Read 831 times)

Offline Addeh

Separate Ww Fanfic Board?
« on: October 22, 2015, 11:41:05 AM »
I'm sure this has been suggested before, but...on v4 the Ww Fanfics had their own subboard. I'm thinking maybe we should do that again? Perhaps people would be more apt to post other writing/homework questions if that board wasn't bombarded with Ww fics. But yeah. That's my suggestion.

(click to show/hide)
tumblr

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
Re: Separate Ww Fanfic Board?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »
I agree with this; a few months ago I wanted to post a rough draft of an essay I was writing to get critiques, but since all the fanfics were there I thought it would be super out of place lol...

Offline Tom

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 01:37:40 PM »
It's not out of place at all, I for one would probably still read the heck out of it.. x3
But I do second the notion for a separate Ww fanfiction board.

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline shadeflight

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 02:03:27 PM »
i don't think scar (? we've never properly met but both your usernames hold "scar" so i'm assuming) was necessarily meaning that no one would read it or that it WOULD be out of place, but that because all the board is--as far as i've noticed--roughly 85% ww fanfic, it doesn't feel right (even though it is) to place it there regardless of whether anyone DID read it?
with which i agree. i'm a writer myself and right now, the only places available for sharing writing or getting feedback on something important like essays are the writing/homework board and the writer's battle association (which has yet to be started and is prompt-based competition of sorts anyway).

i don't recall the ww fanfic subboard from before but i agree it'd be a helpful idea to make a more comfortable spot for general/original writing+actual homework and separate the things so the board actually gets used for its main purpose instead of being mostly ww fic that gets enough activity/threads that it could fill up an entire subboard on its own.
Quote from: DFW
cup

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1747 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 03:29:33 PM »
If it's regular writing, the writing/homework board would be fine. We did have a fanworks board on the old forum. Perhaps we could relocate a few boards and create a new section just for creativity purposes. :x I don't think anybody should feel as though they can't post in the writing and homework board simply because there are fanfics in there. It IS a writing board, after all!!

BUT I will see what I can do to organize things a bit more so it's easier for everyone to use all of our boards.

thank you, secret santa!! :D

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 04:04:17 PM »
i don't think scar (? we've never properly met but both your usernames hold "scar" so i'm assuming) was necessarily meaning that no one would read it or that it WOULD be out of place, but that because all the board is--as far as i've noticed--roughly 85% ww fanfic, it doesn't feel right (even though it is) to place it there regardless of whether anyone DID read it?
with which i agree. i'm a writer myself and right now, the only places available for sharing writing or getting feedback on something important like essays are the writing/homework board and the writer's battle association (which has yet to be started and is prompt-based competition of sorts anyway).
(yep it's me!) Yeah that's what I meant, I didn't want to be the one person who posted an actual homework assignment in a sea of fanfics x3
(this was before moss posted her essay, so I think I would have actually been the first, which made me feel like I shouldn't do it lol)

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 05:58:27 PM »
Ideally, fanfics should be going into the fanfics module where there is a category for WW Fanfics. That's why there isn't board right now, but we can surely take this into consideration. 

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1747 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 08:09:25 PM »
We've fixed an issue where the Fanfics tab (under the banner/logo) wasn't showing up. So hopefully we can begin to implement that so the homework/writing board will be cleared up!! :)

thank you, secret santa!! :D

Offline Holley

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 09:31:40 PM »
YAYY!!!
amberstipe, dustfeather, hperadam