July 15, 2018, 02:16:07 PM

Author Topic: does this character look good  (Read 493 times)

Offline thunderpetal

does this character look good
« on: March 10, 2016, 07:31:12 PM »

Help does this character look good? ive been told this is bad and i need to fix it help me

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1747 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/they
Re: does this character look good
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 08:40:55 PM »
I moved this into the Art Nook since.. the RB isn't really an art place and we have the sub board for it.

It doesn't look bad! A lot of people have a difficult time drawing humans/human features :) If you'd like, I could do a redline and try to help you with it.

I do have some questions, though!

What program do you use?

Do you draw with a tablet?

thank you, secret santa!! :D

Offline thunderpetal

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 09:02:00 PM »
I moved this into the Art Nook since.. the RB isn't really an art place and we have the sub board for it.

It doesn't look bad! A lot of people have a difficult time drawing humans/human features :) If you'd like, I could do a redline and try to help you with it.

I do have some questions, though!

What program do you use?

Do you draw with a tablet?
Oh, ok. Sorry!

I use Paint Tool Sai, and I do have a tablet :)

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 05:41:56 PM »
I really like the concept you have going here, I'm not sure I've ever seen a character that is human but has animal type limbs, so that's some good creativity points. The outfit is really nice and fitting too in my opinion. :3

My suggestions, if I were to improve this would be these few things:

-I would try and make the boundary between where the skin ends and fur begins more distinct on the character's arms and legs. A few simple lines of fluff would go a long way in this regard, I would say. You could also go the slightly lazier route and simply have the fur begin at some point under the sleeves or shorts and I think that would be cute too ;P

-I think your character would benefit if you gave them thumbs. Even dogs have a thumb like thing on their paws, and even though it would add a bit of extra work it would help add to the believably

-Other than those things, I would just mainly work on anatomy. Your anatomy is actually pretty decent imo, just needs a bit of sharpening up in a few spots and I think you would be doing pretty good

Who told you this was bad by the way? Did they say why they thought it was bad? Because someone just saying "this is bad" for no reason is really unhelpful and rude imo

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline thunderpetal

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 10:23:22 PM »
I really like the concept you have going here, I'm not sure I've ever seen a character that is human but has animal type limbs, so that's some good creativity points. The outfit is really nice and fitting too in my opinion. :3

My suggestions, if I were to improve this would be these few things:

-I would try and make the boundary between where the skin ends and fur begins more distinct on the character's arms and legs. A few simple lines of fluff would go a long way in this regard, I would say. You could also go the slightly lazier route and simply have the fur begin at some point under the sleeves or shorts and I think that would be cute too ;P

-I think your character would benefit if you gave them thumbs. Even dogs have a thumb like thing on their paws, and even though it would add a bit of extra work it would help add to the believably

-Other than those things, I would just mainly work on anatomy. Your anatomy is actually pretty decent imo, just needs a bit of sharpening up in a few spots and I think you would be doing pretty good

Who told you this was bad by the way? Did they say why they thought it was bad? Because someone just saying "this is bad" for no reason is really unhelpful and rude imo
Alright thanks dfw! I always thought thumbs were a pain in the ass to draw so I didn't draw thumbs lol. But yeah I hadn't really drawn humans before besides cute fox boys.
There are a few people who criticized my work trying to be helpful like there's nothing that really stands out about her and her oil slick hair is..bad?

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 04:53:12 AM »
huh, personally I didn't think the hair looked bad, possibly just a case of differing opinions :P

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~