March 26, 2019, 03:35:36 AM

Author Topic: Let's Talk Pet Sites  (Read 3082 times)

Offline amberstripe

Re: Let's Talk Pet Sites
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 12:52:19 AM »
I used to neopets sooo hard. I started warriors rp guilds with my friends and everything! I occasionally get into it for another few weeks here and there even now, but the economy is so wrecked..
thinking of wrecked economies, not really a pet site but I did do gaia online for a while. before it really died in economics hell

More recently, I did flight rising for a bit, haven't in a while but I might get back into it sometime, who knows. I had a good lioden account going too but lioden is too time consuming for me in the school year, I really appreciate their manual rollover system tho. makes it so easy to take a break and then come back
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand i may have just joined gryffs.
#Save lightFlight 2k15

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2016, 06:44:25 PM »
I'm honestly having a hard time getting into Gryffs everything is so expensive and earning gold is so slow @_@ then again this happens on mweor to some extent too I guess. Dangit petsites why your economies so wrecked *waves fist*

I also find it weird that Gryffs doesn't have a proper forum. I don't wanna talk in the chat I wanna post on a board but the only thing they have is advertisement boards?? And it costs money to post on those for some reason too. It also costs a LOT of money to take a postcard off your gryff I don't get why everything is so expensive.......................single tear

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Sunneth

• a wet RiverClan cat
  • Leader
  • 4987 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sunneth
  • is not prone to divide by zero
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • hyperresonate@tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2016, 01:50:40 AM »
most newbies don't start off playing just by themselves....!!! if you talk in chat everyone is super duper nice and will be very glad to throw things at you to help you get started!! it is really hard to start earning gold by yourself, yeha, but the economy is actually super stable~
most new people (well, that actually continue playing) tend to get a stable start from the older players giving a hand... it took me ages but i actually started completely from the bottom with no help. it's doable but not very fun :P

gryffs isn't really big enough for a forum, i'm kind of glad there isn't one... it makes everything feel nice and cozy, everyone is Friends and it's just nice! i'm used to it though ;w;

i never even got my hands on a postcard until i could well afford the 5k, since it's not really that much once you get started...
though i guess since you joined during the time they changed the backgrounds that stock in the mountains, there isn't a constant supply you can get from there like when i started... EVERYONE is stalking the mountains to hoard those up

i have some nicely leveled gryffs you could borrow (or have, even) :0

Offline Raintalon

• Velociraptor Supreme
  • Elder
  • 138 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Raintalon
  • That is a good wisdom.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2016, 09:47:56 AM »
I started by myself before being given some gryffs, and near as I can tell it's hard but doable. My strategy was training my gryff as much as I could, using remaining energy for item hunting, selling everything, and going through the meadow for fruit baskets to sustain hunger.
There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose.
What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which.
A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails.
Sometimes it may never land at all...
-Grimsley

Offline Ivypool

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2016, 06:43:17 PM »
i've been goatlings garbage since 2012 - im a really old member LMAO
also ditto w/ cs.... i can't believe its been over 5 years since i joined tbh
as for webkinz i occasionally play, had my account since 2009
im so old ....

ngl i could never get into fr but if i did it would to help me get more CS / goatlings stuff lol
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Jayfeather

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 10:49:58 PM »
i play neopets religiously to this day and ive just became trash
ive invested so much time into my account and im hardly near the point of most of the adult members

Offline Heron

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2016, 01:14:55 AM »
Man, I thought the Neopets economy was broken over a decade ago. I can't even imagine how much worse it must be at this point, but it seems like it's pretty bad.
Still kind of wish I could go on my old account again, though.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2016, 06:19:42 PM »
Any of y'all want to join Flight Rising, it's apparently open registration now (thanks to Shade for letting me know)

I am DFW on there because APPARENTLY they only allow 16 letters max for usernames and Darkforestwarrior is 17 letters ;______;

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Mint

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2016, 07:14:41 PM »
I am a neo millionaire and still go on to check stocks. :') Anyone want some np? Also, I got my start programming/coding while messing around there. And roleplaying. -dances- frostfirefang77 is me. Neoadults for the win... or something like that. i feel kind of pathetic

Offline Raintalon

• Velociraptor Supreme
  • Elder
  • 138 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • That is a good wisdom.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2016, 10:43:10 PM »
Joined FR! Had to dig deep into my history of rarely-used usernames, my main two and most recent alt were all taken. Thus, I am Biologiquill. Joined the Storm Flight!
-Grimsley

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2016, 05:27:46 PM »
im OG i love neopets

Offline Raintalon

• Velociraptor Supreme
  • Elder
  • 138 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • That is a good wisdom.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2016, 10:36:43 AM »
Out of sheer curiosity: people keep talking about some drama with Arcane in March on the FR forums. If it's not a taboo subject, might I ask what happened? Was it just some strange dominance push mishap? If it's something nobody's supposed to mention I understand totally, but I am v v curious...
-Grimsley

Offline tiresias felis

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2016, 05:19:13 PM »
Out of sheer curiosity: people keep talking about some drama with Arcane in March on the FR forums. If it's not a taboo subject, might I ask what happened? Was it just some strange dominance push mishap? If it's something nobody's supposed to mention I understand totally, but I am v v curious...

tbh I'm not sure myself but someone probably complained about it here: http://dramarising.tumblr.com/

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2016, 05:42:15 PM »
DragCave updated for their 10th anniversary with lovely backgrounds on the site (and of course a new release.)  Love the backgrounds; they're so marigold pretty!

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2016, 10:48:04 PM »
I went to Wajas for the first time in ages.

First impression: this site theme is godawful, what is that font?! Why is everything stretched improperly?

Second: My oldest Wajas are over 3000 days old, how long has it been?!

Third: ... Oh, honey, that map...

Overall rating: 2/5

Nostalgia filters are great until that font burns your retinas out. Also, everything is completely counter-intuitive in terms of how it's laid out. Not surprised they're no longer the tops.

thanks to altias for the pixel