May 28, 2022, 06:20:10 am

Author Topic: Another Ww Fanfic - CHAPTER 7!  (Read 5333 times)

Offline Addeh

Re: Another Ww Fanfic (Sign ups Open)
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 03:56:17 pm »
Chapter One

Addeh was flopped on the couch. The living room was completely dark except for the light of the TV that illuminated his tired, worn-out face. He slowly placed another cheese puff into his mouth.

On the TV, a newscaster reported about protests happening outside Administration Hall. Apparently, a Wisher had demanded a meeting with Blizz, and after breaking into her office, found out that the woman giving motivational speeches about a 'whole new Wish' was actually just an animatronic puppet. After the incident, Warrior's Wish was never the same. Many Wishers wanted to elect a new Leader, not have Modmins; others were just fine chilling without a Supreme Overlord looming over them. This, of course, caused panic, protests, and nostalgia about how Wish used to be.

Addeh changed the channel. He had had enough.

For the past three weeks, Addeh had only left his apartment to deliver mail in the morning, then he went back and sat on his couch. Ate on his couch. Slept on his couch. It was a gross rut that he couldn't dig himself out of since the incident; everything was different, and it didn't feel right. Warrior's Wish was supposed to be home; a grand, spectacular place filled with grand, spectacular friends. And it was, he supposed, just not for him. Before the rut, he had attempted to converse with various people at the Random Babble Cafe, however, these attempts proved unsuccessful. Words and conversations and talking and people and life didn't suit Addeh these days. The incident had just made things worse. He only loved his couch, his Netflix, his food, and just about nothing else except...

His cat, Rose, a white fluffy kitten, jumped on his chest. He pet her gently on the head and she purred, lying down and snuggling with him.

"I love you too," Addeh croaked, his voice cracking, finally being used. A long time ago, someone had transformed Rose, previously a human, into a cat. He couldn't remember who or why or how; it felt like a distant memory, a story... a fanfiction, even. But, that was real. Rose was real. "And I don't care what you did, you're my kitty now."

Just then, there was a knock at the door. The hermit turned to stone. He didn't want whoever that was to know he was home (though obviously he was, everyone knew he didn't leave much, what an idiot).

Rose sprang up and hurried to the door. She meowed, looked back at Addeh, and meowed again.

"Hello?" The voice from the opposite side of the door spoke, knocking again. "Addeh, I know you're in there. Let me in." The door handle jiggled.

Addeh recognized the voice. He groaned.

"I heard that!" The man behind the door yelled. "C'mon, let me in. Please. This is getting tiring. I walked all the way over here, it's raining."

Addeh's eyes flickered over to the door. He finally got up and walked over, unlocked it, then opened it. Standing there was Scary, his clothes damp, his blond hair even damper. "It must just be sprinkling," Addeh commented.

Scary shrugged, looking past him. "Your clock is broken." Addeh looked behind himself, turning to view his analog clock. It was, indeed, broken; stuck on 6:30.

"Hello to you too," Addeh mumbled, walking away. "Come in. Want coffee?" Scary nodded. Addeh walked to his Keurig machine and turned it on, then sat at his kitchen table. He motioned to have his friend join him, who obliged and sat across from Addeh.

"I've seen you out on the mail route," Scary began, "but not much place else. We've missed you and we're glad you came with us to the new city." Addeh rolled his eyes. "Don't be such a brat, c'mon, you know you're happy to be here. We're all back together again!"

Addeh got up and put a K-cup in the machine. "I know how you like it," he said before Scary could say anything. "I still remember. Strong and black, like your men." Scary smiled. Addeh stood and watched the coffee pour into the large, pink, bedazzled cup and afterwards, he handed it to Scary, sitting down again.

He took a sip. "Perfect," he purred. He looked up at Addeh, who was staring at the TV. It was a mandarinesque game show, where Wishers have to complete ten tasks to earn an herb badge. He watched as Wishers he didn't know kicked and shoved each other to get to the yarrow. He turned back to Addeh. "Come out with me tomorrow evening. Dust is reading some poetry down at the RB. She told me she's pretty nervous about it, she might puke on stage, wouldn't that be funny?" Addeh didn't look at him. "I mean, we should go support her."

"Are you asking me out on a date? I'm not interested." Addeh did not look away from the TV screen.

Scary chuckled. "No, silly." He took another sip of coffee. His tone got more serious. "Come with me."

Addeh shrugged. "I just don't feel very involved with the writer crowd anymore." He thought about Blizz-puppet. "With anyone, really."

Rose meowed and jumped onto the table. She rubbed her face against Addeh's. Scary's face brightened as he realized just what his friend needed. "You should write another fanfic!" He shouted, a bit too loudly and excitedly. Addeh flinched and Rose scurried off the table.

"Excuse me?"

"Another fanfic. That's the way to get back into the crowd. Make more friends, socialize more... You were so good at it way back when. And I know we'd all love it if you'd come back and join us! Start by coming to Dust's poetry reading. I know she'd love to see you there. Everyone would!"

Addeh looked over at Rose, who was clawing at the door, as if she wanted him to go.

"Okay. Fine."

(click to show/hide)
tumblr

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 04:17:02 pm »
Awesome chapter! <3

I love the whole animatronic Blizz thing, too...

Offline Tom

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 04:17:17 pm »
Omg I love it and you made me coffee which means I love it even more

"I know how you like it," he said before Scary could say anything. "I still remember. Strong and black, like your men." Scary smiled.

:D genius

The puppet Blizz sounds spooky... can't wait to see what you have planned for this.  ^_^

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Splashy

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 05:46:28 pm »
good old Rose.

Also robot!blizz! Oh noes!
Also very meta. Such meta.

Offline tinyfeather

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 09:58:28 pm »
i love meta fics omg

this is a great start!!!

Offline Addeh

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 11:27:35 am »
Thanks everyone! Also @Heat, you haven't filled out your sign up form yet but...you're mentioned in this chapter anyway. Haha. Enjoy!

Chapter Two

The atmosphere of the Random Babble Cafe was, for lack of a better adjective, poppin'. Lots of people came for the open mic night. It was one of the most anticipated events in Warrior's Wish; everyone wanted to share their writing, tell fantastic jokes, lecture, or present a slideshow of The Best Memes of 2015 So Far.

Scary read that on the program. "Best Memes of 2015 So Far? Looks like Heat has the best thing going on tonight." He chuckled, and looked up to see Dust standing in front of him. "Oh, hey."

Dust shuffled her feet. "Um, hello." This was almost inaudible.

Scary looked at the program again, then back up at her. "Oh! You're performing," he tried to fake through the grapefruit up, "I had no idea. I'm excited to see what you have planned. Good luck, duckling!"

Dust nodded. "Th-thank you. I'll try my best." She drifted away to her seat.

"I'm an idiot," Scary murmured under his breath.

"Yeah, kinda." The idiot looked up to see Addeh.

Scary stood up. "Oh my god, you came! Yay!" He hugged Addeh, who made a pretend-barfing noise. "Don't be like that. C'mon, sit, it'll start in a minute." They sat. "Waitress! Yo, I need a coffee over here! Seven sugars, two creams!"

Tiny -- the owner of the RB, not a waitress, but working hard anyway -- looked up at him. She saw Addeh and smiled, then went back into the kitchen. The two boys sat in silence until she came over with the shorter one's coffee. "Here you go, Addeh. Good to see you, finally."

"But you've been getting your mail, haven't you?" He took a sip. Perfection. Scary still remembered.

"Yes. But I haven't seen you. I'm not awake at nine in the morning! I have been working the night shift, since that girl I hired quit. Five is actually early for me to come in, I don't usually come in until nine, stay until six in the morning."

"Rough life."

"Yeah... I suppose. It pays the bills."

"Because your writing doesn't?" Addeh tilted his head.

Tiny's brow furrowed. Scary began to fake laugh loudly, and put his arm around Addeh's shoulder. "This dude... this dude has been living under a rock for too long! Time to come out into the real world, buddy!" He gave Addeh a rough noogie and kept laughing loudly until Tiny walked away, storming into the kitchen. Then, Scary shoved Addeh. "What is your problem, huh? You can't just say mandarin like that. You weren't even a hermit for that long. Get it together."

"I was just curious as to how her writing was going --"

"Then word it better, dumbass. This is supposed to be you making friends again, not mandarining on everyone. Great StarClan." Scary folded his arms and stared at the stage, which was beginning to light up, and the rest of the cafe lights were dimming. It wasn't a grand stage, just a small platform build for nights like this. There were two spotlights pointed at the stage, a stool and a microphone in the middle of the stage, and a projector setup off to the side.

Addeh glanced at the clock. It was 5:40. The festivities were starting ten minutes late. Not surprising.

Tiny got up on the stage. She adjusted the mic to her height and cleared her throat. "Welcome, everyone. I'm Tiny, as you all know. I'll be hosting tonight." There was cheering from the crowd. "Hope everyone is ready for this! First up to the stage is..." She looked at the clipboard in her hand. "Lavender!"

Lavender went up to the stage and Tiny walked off, sitting down at the closest table to the stage. Lav gripped the mic stand tightly. "I have been thinking about this issue for a while. Too many people are silent about it, so... I'm going to speak up tonight. This is my spoken word poem." She closed her eyes for a moment, remembering the words, then looked back up at the audience. "Wish is falling apart," she began, the 'p' hitting too angrily and hard, a loud thump echoing out of the speakers.

"Oh, here we go," Scary mumbled. He glanced at Addeh, who was blankly staring into his coffee. This was just the sort of thing he had locked himself up to avoid. Scary nudged him and gave his friend a small, it's-gonna-be-okay smile.

"This city needs to get new leadership. The people of Wish will not stand for this. We will not all become puppets. I will not be held by a string and dangled over the fire..."

This continued on for a good forty minutes. Finally, Tiny went on stage and ushered her off. "Thanks, Lavender... Thanks for that. Next...Dust LaCornflake!"

Scary whooped and cheered as she slowly made her way onto the stage, clutching a small notebook. She sat down on the stool and cleared her throat. "Um... It's LeCornflake, for the record. But. I write poetry sometimes. I was pressured to share some of it tonight, and I do think that this will be a good experience for me... I hope you all enjoy this and that it doesn't bother you. Let me know later. Thank you."

She opened the notebook and cleared her throat again. Her grey eyes flickered up, piercing Scary. He glanced around to make sure it was him she was looking at. It was. He smiled and she gave a weak smile back, then began her poem. It was a sonnet about life, using trees as a metaphor, no one else could have written a better life/tree poem (so no one else will even attempt to). At the end of the poem, the tree was cut down by a beaver, and no other ending could have tugged on Scary's heartstrings more. He wiped a tear from his face.

Then, he stood. "Bravo!" He shouted, "bravo, Dusty!"

Her face went bright red. "Thank you..." she whispered into the mic. "Here's another one."

Scary sat down and Dust began her next poem. Scary glanced at the clock. It was 6:29, just about to be 6:30. As he turned to look back at Dust, the door of the Cafe swung open, and three small, oval devices were thrown inside. He recognized them immediately.

Thick, black smoke poured out of the devices, filling the RB. People began running around frantically, toward the door, but it had been locked from the outside somehow. Scary pulled Addeh to the floor. "Smoke rises," he explained to a frightened-looking Addeh.

"I'm not an idiot, I know that," he snarled back, covering his mouth with the too-long sleeve of his hoodie. "We need to get out of here."

"Yes, definitely," Scary murmured. "The smoke will become poisonous in two minutes."

Addeh stood up, knowing that there was no time to question how he knew that. He grabbed a chair and threw it at a window; however, he was not the first one to think of this idea. The window didn't shatter. Many other chairs bounced off the windows of the Cafe. The smoke alarm began to go off, the shrieking beeping hurting everyone's ears. Scary grabbed Addeh's ankles, trying to pull him back to the floor, but he didn't budge. He was determined to get out. He picked up another chair.

"C'mon," Tiny yelped from behind Addeh, placing a hand on his back. "They're shatter-proof. Don't worry, though; whoever did this, they didn't lock the back. Go through the kitchen, quickly. I'll get everyone else. Save yourselves."

Addeh nodded, putting the poor chair down. He grabbed Scary's shaking hand, and turned to run to the kitchen, but Scary shook himself out of his grasp. "What are you doing, Scary?"

"They're my smoke bombs. I know how to stop them."

(click to show/hide)
tumblr

Offline tinyfeather

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 01:21:11 pm »
WHAT!!! SCARY WHAT ARE YOU DOING

also addeh throw some more shade about my writing career see what happens

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 02:08:09 pm »
I bet it was Lavender who threw the bombs in, because Tiny wouldn't let her finish her Big Brother-esque poem.

Really great chapter! <3

Offline Splashy

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 05:41:09 pm »
dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

scary what are you doing why the smoke bombs

Offline t3nt4k103941023

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2015, 06:17:30 pm »
I AM THE LAVENDER
I SPEAK FOR THE PEOPLE

"PLEASE JOIN BLOODCLAN"

Offline Tom

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 06:25:23 pm »
Omg I am exactly this blunt and this awkward and this evil
This is amazing <33

Offline Addeh

Re: Another Ww Fanfic - CHAPTER 3!
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 12:04:07 pm »
Chapter Three

Tiny's eyes began to water from the smoke, but she couldn't allow herself to leave until she knew everyone was out of her Cafe safely. She walked toward the front, where most people had run when the bomb went off, and found Finch leaning against the front door. She ran over to her and shook her.

"Are you okay?" No response. Tiny slid the girl's black hair away from her neck and checked her pulse. Still alive, but she wasn't sure if she could drag her all the way to the back. The girl stood and looked around desperately. "Anyone still here?!" No response.

Tiny turned and kicked the front door. It didn't budge. She kicked it again. It still didn't budge. She sighed, defeated, and grabbed Finch's ankles. Dragging her to the back did prove to be a struggle; she bumped into a table and nearly fell over, but landed safely in someone's arms. She looked up to see Lavender.

"I'll grab her in the front. Let's carry her," Lav said, moving to grab Finch under the armpits. The two lifted the passed out Wisher and began carrying her to the kitchen as the oval devices began to beep. "That doesn't sound good."

"Just keep going," Tiny reassured her. Then, the hissing sound the smoke bombs had been giving off stopped. Tiny looked up from Finch's limp body to see Addeh and Scary making their way through the smoke, away from where the devices had been tossed. "I thought I told you to get out!" Tiny growled.

"Oh, well I guess I apologize for turning the bombs off," Scary sarcastically explained,a bit irritated. But then, his voice became a lot calmer. "We still need to get out of here. I don't know how much more smoke we should all inhale." He looked down at Finch. "For reals."

The four of them helped carry Finch out through the kitchen and into the back alley. They rested her against the brick wall of the Cafe. Tiny could hear fire truck sirens approaching. "Someone needs to go alert them that we have someone hurt back here," Tiny said, looking up to see that Scary  and Addeh were running away. "Hey! Wait!"

They stopped. Only Scary turned around; Addeh leaned forward, attempting to catch his breath. "I can't stay," Scary called back, "I can't get caught for this."

"What do you mean? Did you do this?" Lavender spoke up, balling her hand into a fist, shaking slightly.

"No, not really...but...my tech did." And with that, Scary and Addeh ran into the distance, their smoke-filled lungs causing them to huff and puff.

Lavender kicked the wall. "What the grapefruit? I thought his mad scientist days were over."

Tiny sighed. "If this pisses you off that much, go get a fireman. Finch needs --"

At that moment, the previously passed out girl coughed. Lavender and Tiny got close to her, and the pink-haired one put her hand on Finch's shoulder. She coughed some more and opened her eyes.

"Don't touch me," she got out through deep breaths.

"We have to," Tiny explained softly, "you've inhaled too much smoke. We're gonna lift you up and get you around front so the firemen and EMTs can look at you, okay?"

Finch nodded. Tiny and Lavender lifted her up, her arms wrapped around both of their shoulders. Tiny turned to look in the direction the two boys had run off in. "Just...take her," she said to Lav, shifting all of Finch's weight onto blonde-haired girl.

"Where are you going?" Lav asked, straining to hold Finch up, even though she wasn't heavy at all.

"I have to follow them," Tiny responded, already walking away. "They're up to something."

Lav scowled. "I'm reporting them both to the police! They obviously had something to do with this, and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it just because they're your friends."

Tiny chuckled, but in a terrifying, pissed off way. "No one gets away with grapefruiting up my Cafe." And then she ran off, leaving Lavender and Finch by themselves.

Tiny began thinking about where the two suspicious boys could have gone. They probably understood that they were in trouble, so their apartments were out of the question. There weren't a lot of private places they could hide...but Tiny could think of one.

She ran down Babbling Lane, past the Games Center, and stopped in front of the Writer's Association Building. Typically, there would be people inside, conversing about literature and bouncing fanfic ideas off one another; however, most of the people who frequented the Building had been at the RB for the open mic night. She made her way up the steps and slowly opened the door.

It was dark and smelled vaguely of cheese snacks, zebra cakes, and the kind of sweat that comes from an overcrowded room. There were pieces of paper scattered on the floor, pens hidden in the torn up couch cushions, and a poster of Pepe the Frog on the far wall. All the furniture was from the Old City; the Administration, or Puppet Blizz, thought that buying all new furniture for a dying crowd was senseless spending. The WAB was a far smaller building than the old one, which was a strange, confusing maze of corridors and small, sound-proof offices for individual writing; there was also a full kitchen, a large lounge area, and a basement full of various table and video games.

However, the current building was simply the main lounge area with a kitchenette off to the side, and one small office labeled  "NaNoWriMo" in pencil on a piece of paper taped to the door, which was empty. Completely empty, not a single piece of furniture.

This was the room that Tiny went into, and there they were, sitting in the far corner. Addeh was wiping tears from his eyes. Scary was staring blankly at the blank wall; he slowly looked up as Tiny entered the room.

"They're coming for us, right?" He asked, smiling a bit. "You know, this just feels like old times. Being a rabid mad scientist, unleashing technology onto Wish... Doesn't feel as great, though, since I didn't do this on purpose. I didn't think anyone would get..." He trailed off.

"I didn't call the police," Tiny assured him, feeling her temper subside, "but Lavender said she would. And this was the first place I thought of, so no doubt it won't be long before they find you. We need to find a better place to hide, if this really wasn't you behind this."

Scary shook his head. "There's no use. And if you hide me, they'll arrest you, too. You need to take Addeh and get out of here."

"She's telling them you both did it."

"Addeh had nothing to do with this. Take him and leave. I'll tell them it was all me and he's innocent. Just leave, okay?"

Tiny stayed standing in front of them for what felt like seconds, but was actually a few minutes. Scary had gone back to staring at the wall, defeated. Addeh was still crying like a blubbering, useless idiot. And Tiny had been biting her bottom lip very, very hard. She only snapped out of her anxiety-induced zone out session when she tasted blood. She licked the red liquid off of her lip and walked to Addeh.

She took his hands away from his face. "Look, we're leaving now."

"I can't leave without Scary."

"We have to. C'mon."

Now, they could all hear sirens in the distance. Tiny pulled on Addeh's arms, lifting him to his feet. Together they fled out the back door of the WAB, leaving Scary behind the in empty room, who was now softly singing I'm A Little Teapot to himself, attempting to hold back tears.

(click to show/hide)
tumblr

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 12:33:13 pm »
Awww, poor Scary :c

Really great chapter though! I'm excited to see what happens

Offline Wryfinch

• Elder
  • 751 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Wryfinch
  • I have papaya standards I swear.
  • Referrals: 1
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: xe/xir/xem/xemself
  • Mood: Chipper
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 04:22:59 pm »
Aw damn, this can't be good for anyone, least of all Addeh and Scary. I must say though, if I was actually in that situation and conscious enough to understand everything, I would have blamed Scary too. Sorry, but he certainly seems too suspicious to let him off just because he was sorry for what had happened.
But I'm not in the situation, so now I feel more sympathy for the guy. Hope he gets a short sentence if the police get to him, or even better he can explain it to them.

And GOD I hate fire more for the smoke than anything else. Burning my skin is one thing, burning me from the inside out and then suffocating me is something completely different...

Great writing, Adds! Can I call you that??

The above CLKs and banners are made by Altias!

Offline Tom

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 04:41:51 pm »
Yeah tbh if I wasn't busy being a suspicious jerk I would have blamed myself too.

I love this Addeh :') can't wait to see what happens next...