January 22, 2022, 12:37:45 pm

Author Topic: Music!!  (Read 13194 times)

Offline Sorrel

Re: Music!!
« Reply #180 on: October 08, 2016, 11:31:02 am »
yeah blackpink sounded really dated to me, especially boombayah. i did like whistle, but it took some listens lol. but i actually really liked cheer up, i thought it was cute and fun. i just hope they give jeongyeon more lines cause i actually think she has one of the strongest voices in the group but she keeps getting shafted :( out of everyone though im most excited for mamamoo~

ahh i didn't know ladies code was coming back! i've been meaning to get into them so that's exciting

i'm gonna be honest i literally only follow girl groups but i'm happy shinee are doing well and you got their cassette! i heard sandeul's duet with wheein was very good lol

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 892 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #181 on: October 08, 2016, 05:14:02 pm »
cheer up was cute but for me as a song it didn't stand up to multiple listens like how ooh-ahh하게 does. i liked the other songs on the album more.

and yesss mamamoo. melting was such a good album.

i do listen to more girl groups over all, more of them tend to have music that i like, but since i am here for the music gender isn't the important factor. it's just that too many boy groups have that generic hephap swaeggy tough bad boy concept that is not very appealing lol. so i like the ones that aren't like that, like sm boy groups, winner, etc. i don't even actually follow more than half of the groups/artists i listen to, i just like their albums.

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 892 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: October 09, 2016, 02:43:10 pm »
love me some mid-west emo

i've been getting more into japanese (alternative) rock bands lately. i've liked tricot for a while, but i've been finding a bunch of others that are really cool~ kinda makes the three main categories of music i listen to english indie, korean pop and japanese rock lmao

here's some for who's interested~~

shishamo
mass of the fermenting dregs
itsue
gesu no kiwami otome
uchu conbini
passepied
rin toshite shigure

Offline Spellmaster

« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2016, 01:21:00 am »
I haven't heard any new rise against in a while but I've been thinking about some of their old songs a lot recently... I want everyone to hear Disparity by Design at least once
billy talent also comes to mind because I've been listening to them so much lately, but I still haven't gotten around to the rest of Afraid of Heights so idk if they have any newer sociopolitical commentary songs

unrelated (though it does sum up a lot of my thoughts about politics) but I feel the need to share this because it threw me for a nice loop
(click to show/hide)

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 892 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2017, 04:25:16 pm »
i got me new cassette today so i finally had to reorganize my music shelf because i was Out Of Room. i was able to add an extra shelf to it and it looks really nice now~ with room to grow

a cassette shelf, extra cassettes and jewel case size cd shelf, and then... a lot of kpop lol....

the tape i got is this album. it's really good give it a listen! bonus cute artwork.

Offline Starlingspots

« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2017, 03:07:42 pm »
I've been listening to a few songs by Whitney Houston.

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2017, 10:17:45 pm »
whitney houston! incredible

I've been listening to the song rookie by red velvet :~)

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 892 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2017, 07:20:53 am »
i loooove little little on red velvet's new album

my project for this year is trying to buy a new cassette every month, here is what i got for february. it is post-hardcore/emo, for anyone who is into that to check it out

Offline Heron

« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2017, 04:17:11 pm »
@lavender the library at my school has a huge collection of books like that, so I can let you know if there's any titles that sound interesting if you want!
Also, those books sound super cool. I love reading about stuff like that.

Offline Heron

« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2017, 10:58:35 am »
@lavender there wasn't a ton of books about punk, but I found a few!
Authors/editors are in parentheses.

• This Ain't the Summer of Love: Conflict and Crossover in Heavy Metal and Punk (Steve Waksman)
  • The Lost Women of Rock Music: Female Musicians of the Punk Era (Helen Reddington)
  • Hardcore, Punk, and Other Junk: Aggressive Sounds in Contemporary Music (Eric James Abbey & Colin Helb)

I haven't read any of them, so I'm not sure how good they are, but hopefully something on there is worth reading!

Offline Heron

« Reply #190 on: September 02, 2017, 09:43:10 am »
I've been listening to a lot of Hayley Kiyoko'd music lately. The Citrine EP is soooo good. I don't think that there's a single song from it that I don't like.

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2017, 09:53:12 am »
i've been into iu's palette recently. i think it's a masterpiece.

Offline Dustfeather

« Reply #192 on: September 26, 2017, 09:01:30 am »
Anyone else going to any gigs over the next few months? I've got the following ones lined up:

• Power Quest (Cardiff) in October
• Helloween (London) in November - still need to actually purchase a ticket for this one
• HRH Metal Festival (Birmingham) in February

Also really want to see Gloryhammer (also in London) in January ^.^

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 892 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: July 07, 2018, 12:48:29 am »
PLEASE everyone listen to this Plus-Tech Squeeze Box album called "Cartooom!" it's life-changing

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #194 on: January 05, 2019, 12:38:43 am »
the show must go on