June 26, 2022, 01:07:01 pm

Author Topic: SYSTEM_FAILURE /// CHAPTER_FOUR: POSTED  (Read 4209 times)

Offline Darksight

SYSTEM_FAILURE /// CHAPTER_FOUR: POSTED
« on: October 01, 2015, 01:31:00 am »
PLOT_SYNOPSIS

>system start
>run greeting.exe
>executing...

Greetings! Welcome to Warriors Wish! This city boasts a diverse community and is one of the most technologically advance cities ever built! I am your guide: ISAAC. In the event of an inquiry or emergency, locate your nearest terminal and ask me for assistance. Enjoy your stay at Warriors Wish and remember, y͡҉̧̀͢o҉͏u̶͏ ̨̡́͏́c̴̸̷̨à͢͜n̶͘͡ ̷̧̧̧͝a̵̶͜͡͠ĺ̵̢͢͜w̧͏a̵̛͢҉̶y̨͘s҉̷̵ ̨͘̕͞c̶͘͘͞o̕u҉͠͞ņ̷́t͢͞҉ ̛͢͜͞o̶͝ǹ̡͜͝

>ERROR
>ERROR CODE: unknown
>file: corrupted

AUTHOR_SUMMARY

Vague plot synopsis is vague, but that way there's more surprises. Anyway, hello, friends! It has been... years since I last dipped my feet in the wonderful world of Warriors Wish fan fiction. My previous outings (from way back in the Stone Age) were inane, frenetic, and all around bizarre. Well I've got great news: It's going to be exactly the same.

I haven't done fan fiction in a while, so there's no guarantee this won't crash and burn horribly. But I figured, when was the last time I backed down from a bad idea? So the application to join and all that is below. Feel free to apply, and let's have fun!

citizen_database.log

Scary
DFW
Splashy
Altias
Heat
Scar
Rain
L.AVI
Tiny

ERROR: citizen_database exceeding capacity. Please apply later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

citizenship_application.txt
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tom

Re: SYSTEM_FAILURE /// A Warriors Wish Fan Fiction (Sign Ups Open)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 01:32:01 am »
I'M IN ONE MINUTE
FIRST
YES

CITIZEN_NAME: Scary
GENDER_IDENT: Dude
PRONOUN_CHOICE: He/him/his :D
APPEARANCE_DESC: Normal looking, about 6' tall with blonde hair. Has terrible fashion sense.
PROFESSION_LIST: Owns an antique store which is a front for a tea or duck smuggling company.
PERSONALITY_EVAL: I feel like we already know each other so well. I guss I'm fairly friendly and bubbly and stuff like that. I like competition but hate actual spoopy conflict. I exaggerate a lot and get excited about things. I try to be friends with everyone and I love everyone I'm friends with. I also used to be evil af and a mad scientist so
DANGER_RESPONSE: Ideally flight rather than fight. I would rather do things behind the scenes than on the front lines. But in extreme circumstances I am definitely not afraid to beat people to death with a stapler.
OTHER_ACTIVITIES: I hate long walks on the beach (but love lob walks on the beach). I love video games and movies and talking to people and coffee and tea and drinking and music ♡
OTHER_INFO: Yes

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 02:34:23 am »
CITIZEN_NAME: Joie, but most often just called DFW
GENDER_IDENT: its pretty much fluid idk
PRONOUN_CHOICE: they and/or she, honestly don't have a preference so take yer pick xD
APPEARANCE_DESC: Short lil person with blonde hair in a bob cut, dresses very often in button up flannel shirts (no I'm not a lumberjack stop asking you fools) also wears glasses and most often a slightly disgruntled expression
PROFESSION_LIST: LUMBERJA- computer programmer (kinda slightly bad at it, but I do my best and get by)
PERSONALITY_EVAL: Acts kinda distant towards most people, which is mostly just a product of being a generally shy person. Loves making jokes with closer friends and can even be a bit of a prankster if the mood hits
DANGER_RESPONSE: Does not respond well to the dangers. I tend to overreact and flail about for a minute before figuring out what needs to be done then finally doing it.
OTHER_ACTIVITIES: has an artistic side, like animals and living things, but also really digs all the things technology can do (SO many cool things!)
OTHER_INFO: secret memester shhhh nothing extra really? Wooo fanfic joinage :D

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Splashy

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 09:45:15 am »
THIRD

CITIZEN_NAME: Adri Splashy Silve (Goes by Splashy)
GENDER_IDENT: cis female
PRONOUN_CHOICE: she/her/hers
APPEARANCE_DESC: Average height with a small build. She's generally fairly tan and has slightly wavy/straight (Depends on the morning) black hair which varies from just under her shoulders to longer. Usually keeps it shorter in the Summer and longer in the Winter. Clothing wise she's fairly girly, generally wearing blues and neutrals, dresses out of laziness, skirts, and the like. She doesn't wear a lot of jewelry, usually keeping it to small earrings. In colder climates- usually just jeans and a cute top or sweater. Perpetually wearing a scarf in the Winter. 
PROFESSION_LIST: Messenger/Professional Gossip
PERSONALITY_EVAL: Optimistic, hopelessly romantic, energetic on the outside. Wants the best for others but often will overlook own needs for that of others to the extreme sometimes. She's the girl who always pretends to be perfectly fine but usually isn't- prefers to keep uglier feelings and thoughts hidden from the world. Feels like she can't show those emotions to others because who people expect her to be, because others expect her to be fine- appears very open and trusting but often doesn't truly open up to people unless she knows them very well. 
DANGER_RESPONSE: badly. Prone to just worrying herself to death instead of taking action. If it's life-threatening enough the adrenaline will get her to do something. 
OTHER_ACTIVITIES: Enjoys creative writing, pixel art, dance (primarily more classical- ballet and modern mostly), gossiping/knowing everything about everyone, helping other people with their problems even though she's terrible at dealing with her own, excellent at subtly manipulating others to suit her own needs when required. Coffee is LIFE.
OTHER_INFO: If you need a weapon she keeps a chainsaw in good condition. Pet- Frisky, a brown tabby kitten who could be a cousin of HF.

Offline rowan

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 10:46:37 am »
yesssss

CITIZEN_NAME: Altias G. Wolfpal
GENDER_IDENT: Agender
PRONOUN_CHOICE: They/them
APPEARANCE_DESC: (points to this)
PROFESSION_LIST: (points here again)
PERSONALITY_EVAL: (the pointing becomes more panicked)
DANGER_RESPONSE: fear, anxiety, probably a panic attack
OTHER_ACTIVITIES: (i raise this link above my head)
OTHER_INFO: i am a pun master and tarot fanatic
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 11:12:28 am »
sign me the grapefruit up 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good mandarin go౦ԁ mandarin👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌mandarin right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good mandarin

CITIZEN_NAME: Heat
GENDER_IDENT: Male
PRONOUN_CHOICE: He/Him/His
APPEARANCE_DESC: Slim build, with a height about 5'10. He isn't overly muscular, but he isn't really skinny, either. He has medium length dirty blond hair with light blond highlights, which reaches about mid neck level. the bangs are usually swept to the left side of his face, barely covering his left eye at times. His face doesn't have many pronounced features, although he does have noticeable cheekbones. Other than the cheekbones, the rest of his face could be described as childlike. He wears Dark wash/Black slim cut Jeans, a grey V-neck, and a red and black plaid button-up shirt, usually left unbuttoned.
PROFESSION_LIST: Bartender/Assassin
PERSONALITY_EVAL: Heat is a fairly outgoing person, but is also a bit of a blueberry. He has a comment or an opinion on everything, and won't hesitate to let other people know how he really feels. He can be fairly dramatic at times, and often embellishes stories that he tells. He gets offended somewhat easily, and can hold grudges easily and for a long time. He can also get in verbal and physical arguments easily. He can be rather vain at times, and always takes pride in his appearance. He doesn't particularly like it when he has to sweat, as it "ruins his appearance". Most of his boisterousness is just a facade, as he is insecure about himself and doesn't want to be alone. Faced with a tough situation, unless he can find an answer quickly, Heat usually throws himself into the action without looking at things. During the day, he usually has a coffee cup in his hand. When he goes out at night, he enjoys drinking, but usually doesn't have much of a tolerance. He really likes fighting/combat in general, and generally sees it as more of a game than anything else.
DANGER_RESPONSE: Usually stays calm and collected, but has a tendency to do the whole "look before you leap thing." relies hevaily on instinct when in danger? Willing to face it head on.
OTHER_ACTIVITIES: Music, Singing, Alcohol, Coffee, Partying, himself, his appearance, Sword fighting
OTHER_INFO: He has a border collie named Nine, a strong fear of spiders and the concept of little green men, and eyes. For a weapon I'm good with a pistol or a rapier/sabre? idk (also ENFP and Sagittarius)
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 12:38:52 pm »
CITIZEN_NAME: Scar O'Tail
GENDER_IDENT: Female
PRONOUN_CHOICE: She/Her
APPEARANCE_DESC: She has fair skin with dark hazel (green/brown) eyes. Her hair is long and very dark brown, with natural curls (often told it looks like the singer Lorde's) that reach down to her waist. She's only 5'2" but of average build. She has a small birth mark on her shoulder, a four inch scar on the inside of her right leg, and a small button nose. 
PROFESSION_LIST: Wildlife biologist/actress
PERSONALITY_EVAL: She's normally quiet and observant; often mistaken for shy. When she's comfortable with someone, she becomes more outgoing, but is still more reserved than most. She's friendly towards strangers unless given a reason not to be, in which case she can become extremely hostile. Usually she tends to resort to some sort of violence in conflicts, and tends to swear more often than not. Considers herself plain and ordinary, but slightly more intelligent than most. Despite this, she does not like receiving compliments or talking about achievements. When she does hang out with others, she tends to get a bit crazy.
DANGER_RESPONSE: Mostly violence, but will occasionally try to work things out peacefully if she feels that it's worth it.
OTHER_ACTIVITIES: Playing with animals, reading, playing video games, riding horses, acting
OTHER_INFO: Has a pet lutino cockatiel named Prim as well as a black chinchilla (Onyx) and a white chinchilla (Zulu).

Offline Raintalon

• Velociraptor Supreme
  • Elder
  • 138 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Raintalon
  • That is a good wisdom.
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 08:09:13 pm »
CITIZEN_NAME: Rain T. Nymous
GENDER_IDENT: Femaleeee
PRONOUN_CHOICE: She/her
APPEARANCE_DESC: Short, pixie-ish pale ginger hair that is messy almost without fail. Eyes are green. Her skin is relatively pale, and she stands at about 5'11''.  Overall, she looks fairly androgynous. Usually wears printed t-shirts, sweatpants, and a hoodie, mostly in blues and grays.
PROFESSION_LIST: Owner of a tech-friendly coffee shop in the middle of the city. There are far too many puns involved with the menu items and general service.
PERSONALITY_EVAL: Sometimes hardheaded and opinionated. If you get into an argument with her, she probably won't back off; however, she's fairly laid-back and non-combative if it's a subject she doesn't care too strongly about. Nice to just about everyone she meets and often excessively polite (saying thanks and stuff). Pretty smart and intuitive; creative. Can be protective of friends, or get into arguments with them whilst simultaneously trying to protect them. Sometimes oblivious. Is the kind of person who will often poke or literally lean on close friends. Says 'dude' way too much. Other than sometimes punching friends for being stupid, is more or less pacifistic. Hardly ever has a bad day, but when she does, she will snap at anyone who bothers her too much.
DANGER_RESPONSE: She'd go for negotiation first, but would be ready for a fight.
OTHER_ACTIVITIES: Writing, drawing, programming, reading, telling stupid jokes, kung fuuuuuu, reading/watching media that qualifies as 'so bad it's good' and then making everyone else read/watch too
OTHER_INFO: Has a friendly Scottish Deerhound named Smith who's usually present in the cafe. Tends to be very disorganized. Likes to be up high. Is an ENTP, if that helps.
There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose.
What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which.
A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails.
Sometimes it may never land at all...
-Grimsley

Offline Darksight

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 10:19:47 pm »
Alright, all of ya'll are happily accepted ^^ I'll add everyone to the list and I should hopefully have the next chapter up in the next day or two. Also, Heat, A+ for excellent me choice right there. Also, Chapter 1!

CHAPTER_ONE

> Initializing...
> INITIALIZATION: complete
> CODE_NAME: ISAAC

DFW stared at the metal orb sitting on the table in front of her. Wires bristled from its open panels, running to various computers and consoles around the WishTech lab. A single green optical sensor glowed like an eye in the center of the orb. The lens focused and unfocuses, growing and shrinking like an iris.

In one hand, DFW held a cup of coffee. Her fourth that night. There was no one else in the lab. Well, no one besides her and-

"...ISAAC." DFW said.

The silent hum of electronics filled the laboratory. DFW's heart sank approximately a foot.

"ISAAC?" DFW asked again.

The metallic, kindly tones filled the room.

"Yes," the metal orb said.

"Oh my god..." DFW said.

"How can I be of service?"

"You work!" DFW said. Her hands shook.

"Yes. How can I be of service?"

"Oh my god..." DFW said. She dropped her coffee, cursing as the cup painted a caramel Jackson Pollock on the floor. "Hang on a second..."

DFW started to move to go get paper towels, but froze as ISAAC spoke again.

"Do not worry," ISAAC said, "Pinging custodian droid."

DFW watched as the doors to the lab slid open and one of the foot-high cleaning droids whirred into the room. It passed by DFW and mopped up the spill. DFW watched in awe.

DFW didn't expect ISAAC to be communicating with the building's infrastructure this soon. She knew the AI's programming was robust- she made sure of that- but...

"ISAAC, are you connected to the building's mainframe?"

"Yes. Is this a problem?" ISAAC asked.

"I didn't authorize that yet," DFW said.

"This is true. But I thought it would be best to be connected to the building's infrastructure network in the event of an emergency," ISAAC said.

DFW couldn't argue with that, and frankly, she was riding high off of her success. She had just invented what she hoped would soon be one of the best artificially intelligences Warrior's Wish had ever seen, and if her creation was this smart right off the bat, more power to it.

"Nice of you to stay one step ahead."

"It is what I was made for," ISAAC said.

>SIX MONTHS LATER

The cold autumn wind cut through the night and rushed down the street. Lights lined the sidewalks and people rushed in every direction. Splashy shivered slightly as a breeze blew past her. Her feet ached as she walked. She had been walking for half an hour and lost.

Giving up, Splashy scanned the street and found what she was looking for: A small display set in the side of a building. An awning covered it. Splashy slipped through the crowd and reached the terminal. The terminal's camera picked her up and the screen blinked into life. An icon of a green cat's head appeared in the center of the screen. The silhouette of glasses took up a large part of the circular, simply drawn head. The most well-known face in Warrior's Wish.

"Greetings," ISAAC chirped, "How can I be of service?"

"I'm lost," Splashy said. She brushed stray strands of black hair out of her face as the wind chilled her.

"Where would you like to go?" ISAAC asked.

Splashy reached into her pocket and fished out the slip of paper Heat had given her last time she saw him. She let out a sigh and read the name.

"Pepe's," Splashy said.

"Searching..." ISAAC said. He paused, his glasses replaced by a set of ellipses. "Found. Pepe's is here."

ISAAC's icon disappeared and a map of the city came on screen, the address for the bar below it. Splashy let out a groan. She was on the wrong side of town. A line traced a route to the bar, indicating the best metro line to get on to reach the place.

"Thank you, ISAAC," Splashy said.

"It is my pleasure."

>TWENTY FIVE MINUTES LATER

Splashy opened the door to the bar and noise poured onto the street. She went inside, drawn in by the warm air. Music hung in the air, mixing with conversation. The room contained some people she knew, and a lot of people she didn't. Behind the bar was the person she was looking for.

"Heat!" Splashy called as she approached the bar.

A lean, young man with blond hair turned from the wall of glimmering bottles and smiled as he recognized her. He waved. Splashy sat down at the table between a chattering group of people to her left and a woman with curly brown hair to her right.

"This seems like the place to be," Splashy said. She ordered a drink, which Heat poured for her.

"That's putting it mildly," Heat said, "I haven't sat still for hours." He turned and filled several glasses, sliding them down the table to the talkative group beside Splashy. "Thanks for coming. Have any trouble finding the place?"

"A bit. I eventually just gave up and asked ISAAC."

"I do that at least once a day, maybe twice." Heat said.

"Thanks for the consolation. What made you start working her?" Splashy asked.

"Wasn't making much at my other job." Heat said. He reached for an empty glass and began cleaning it.

"What? At the other bar?"

Heat pretended to be looking at something down the bar counter. "My other, other job."

"Oh," Splashy said. Her stomach did a flip or two. "I guess there isn't much need for that."

"It's a different time," Heat said, "Markets come and go... Business used to be booming, before all this." He threw his arms out in a wide gesture that encompassed all the city.

"I think the improvements have been for the best," Splashy said. She took a sip from  her drink. "I wouldn't have been able to find this place if it wasn't for ISAAC."

"I'm not arguing with that," Heat said, "I just wonder if it's too much, you know? I'm down for a program that helps folks when they're lost or anything like that, but that guy is connected to everything."

"True." Splashy said.

"Just kind of weirds me out is all."

The two of them moved on to other topics, conversing in between Heat's patrols of the counter, where he made sure all the glasses were full and the people were happy. They talked about Splashy's work, music, and Heat's ongoing curation of grade-A memes.

Splashy left the bar happy. But as she rode the metro home and took the elevator up to her apartment, she couldn't help thinking about what Heat said. As the elevator shot up into the tower Splashy called home, she could feel the city humming and droning beneath, cold but alive.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: SYSTEM_FAILURE /// A Warriors Wish Fan Fiction /// CHAPTER_ONE: POSTED
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 03:46:47 am »
AND SO IT BEGINSSS

My lil programer's heart is warmed to create such a helpful program :'3 hopefully it doesn't kill us all soon

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Tom

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 03:54:49 am »
I love it so far omg

Such a cool spoopy atmosphere. I can't wait to see where this goes.

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Darksight

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 04:22:57 am »
Thanks guys! I'm glad ya'll are liking it so far. And DFW, everything will be totally fine. Totally fi

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 07:23:29 am »
IM THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWSS

anyways, great first chapter! Looking forward to more
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2015, 08:29:37 am »
Ooooh this is great so far!

Also if ISAAC destroys everyone at least he'll be doing it with a cute kitty icon...

Offline Splashy

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2015, 08:44:03 pm »
kitty AI of DOOM

I'm excited to see more!