January 21, 2022, 04:45:10 am

Author Topic: Hot Drink Enthusiasts needed  (Read 4606 times)

Offline Tom

Hot Drink Enthusiasts needed
« on: October 01, 2015, 04:06:22 am »
Is anyone else an absolute tomato for hot/warm drinks? I absolutely love them all. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate...like... that's all I can think of but that is the holy trinity of my life.

EDIT
(click to show/hide)

Coffee is probably my spirit animal. I drink way more coffee than I should and I love every second of it. One of my friends from work has even formed this little group (I'm in it :'D) who go and try coffee places around my city every month and review them and stuff. Incidentally I try my own new coffee places almost constantly, and I just love how you can literally never have the same coffee twice. Coffee is like, art. And caffeine. The two best things in the universe rolled into one.

I'm actually heaps better at ranting about tea, even though I drink a lot more coffee. So I'll stop myself here. Is anyone else out there a hot drink enthusiast? Keen to try a new coffee bar and want a place to talk about it? Curious about teas and want some suggestions or have some questions? This thread is for you.....

Tl;dr/can't read my hyper gibberish: hot drinks are great. Discuss.

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Addeh

Re: Hot Drink Enthusiasts needed
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:15:08 am »
I'm drinking coffee right now!! I need it to function, basically. For my birthday, my parents gave me a Keurig machine. It is wonderful. The only downside is that my travel mug doesn't fit under it, so I have to hold it at an angel to fill it up, ahah.

But yeah I need coffee with like 10000 sugars and some cream. I need it to be the sweet. I don't have enough sugar in the coffee I'm drinking right now, but I got it at my university's snack bar so I was rushed to make it. Also they were out of the flavor I like so I had to get a darker roast than I'm used to. Oh well it's caffeine and I needed it.

My girlfriend likes to put hot cocoa mix in coffee! It's actually pretty good. I looooove hot cocoa, it's a big thing around here because it gets so cold. I had a box of it in my pantry all summer, haha.

Point is...I like coffee. I've had some tea but I'm not a big fan of it.

(click to show/hide)
tumblr

Offline fireheart

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 08:26:12 am »
Dude I'll get hot drinks from starbucks in the summer i dont care i love it

i really like apple cider and hot cocoa, but tea is definitely my go-to drink. i don't really care which kind, i'll get bubble tea or green tea or chamomile or white tea, i'll take whatever i can get. i've recently come around to really enjoying chai tea, so i've been having a couple of those a week.

i really wish i could drink coffee, but i still can't stand it. one day.....

Offline Tom

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 08:30:00 am »
heeey Addeh I can relate on all those counts xD

Usually I just go for like, straight up black coffee when it's from a quick machine or a plunger. Or sometimes a tiny bit of milk. But especially when I have instant coffee, I have like.. milk and sugar and extra coffee and go crazy and it's sweet and delicious and it actually creates life.

Do you usually prefer lighter roasts, Addeh? One of my best coffee friends (that's a thing) is in love with virtually any light roast. What's funny is when she gets a really light roast she gets extremely hyper and complains about the high caffeine content. ;^;  Then on the flipside, I'm obsessed with darker roasts. Probably because I need to drink coffee basically 24/7 or I get bored with my life.

I am also obsessed with South American-origin beans but that is a rant for another post .....

omg Fireheart ninja'd me and more things to talk about!!!

I've started to enjoy all of those things just recently! I'm not crazy about green tea on its own (it's pretty nice but I generally swing towards Chinese teas or Chinese-centric blends). But green tea with a tiny bit of fresh lemon is like.. the nicest thing I've ever tried and I love it. It's rly refreshing.

Chai tea is also a really interesting flavour. It's the only tea I usually have with any kind of sweetener because adding in sugar makes a really nice contrast with the spices. :0 How do you have chai tea?

When I come and hang out with you and Alt, I will try my best to find a coffee that you like... new goal in life :P

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 08:30:29 am »
i love london fogs!!

Offline Tom

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 08:34:22 am »
i love london fogs!!

I still really really need to try the London fog. I assume you mean the Earl Grey/vanilla syrup drink and not the cocktail... :'] It sounds great.

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 08:35:34 am »
no i mean the cocktail!!!

Offline Tom

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 08:36:48 am »
omg
the cocktail also sounds amazing

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 08:39:20 am »
omg i just looked up the cocktail and that sounds so bad. im so weak when it comes to alcohol if i taste it its not a good drink lol

the hot london fogs are my fav drink

Offline Tom

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 08:41:44 am »
hahaha it sounds a little dangerous. tbh I'd be keen to try it because I like both of the ingredients buuuut yeah.. interesting.

I'll try and find some vanilla syrup tomorrow I think. I have tonnes of earl grey tea stashed in my drawer at work (my tea game @ work is real) so that could be great.

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 08:42:48 am »
is "tonnes" how australians spell "tons"?

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 892 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 08:43:02 am »
i like hot chocolate lol... no coffee for me, son

Offline fireheart

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 08:46:09 am »
(click to show/hide)

i like my chai tea with a bit of half/half and nutmeg!! you can never have enough nutmeg >:)) i add the dairy to contrast the spices, cause some chai teas can be really heavy on them.

Offline Tom

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 08:50:19 am »
is "tonnes" how australians spell "tons"?

yep :D

Hot chocolate is still totally amazing moss, lmao. I was so ready for a fancy coffee this morning but ended up ditching it for a hot chocolate in the last minute instead. :')

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sorrel

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 08:53:10 am »
i really do like hot chocolate too. and fancy hot chocolate. and apple cider!!