May 26, 2022, 10:53:02 pm

Author Topic: . wish you were gone . [chapter five]  (Read 6322 times)

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
Re: . wish you were gone . [chapter three]
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2015, 02:53:49 pm »
Oooh, really great chapter!

Poor you :c

Offline Tom

« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2015, 04:28:33 pm »
Tiny is so right wish is doomed lol :x
I am so hype for more <3

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Splashy

« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2015, 10:29:01 pm »
Quote from: Tiny
"It's nobody's fault," she muttered. "We don't know that anything bad would have happened."
typical me

RIP fireheart
RIP tiny's leg and having decent luck

Offline tinyfeather

Re: . wish you were gone . [chapter five]
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2015, 02:32:15 am »
. chapter five .

blood cw

" Sunset was beginning to fall across Wish Village, turning the buildings shades of red and gold. Lavender adjusted her newsboy cap and looked over the edge of the cliff the town was situated on; past the Skyrock Trail, the beach glittered orange, and the water of the Moon Lake was a deep silver despite the time of day. Lightning and a few others were already gathered on the beach near the pointed tip of the lake on the far side of the valley.

She carefully began picking her way down the trail; it was wide, sure, but she still had a vision of just falling off in a strong wind every time she looked down. By the time she reached the bottom, long blue shadows were being cast across the valley. Strings of lights were hung across the few trees along the outer rim of the beach and lanterns were set on the ground. "Hey, Lightning!" Lavender called, pushing her blonde hair back. The boy almost tumbled off his perch on a plastic crate.

"Oh, hey, Lav!" he said over his shoulder. She sat on the edge of a cooler and looked around.

"This is looking really good! Hey, do you have any non-alcoholic beverages?"

"You're sitting on them," he replied, and hopped down from the stool, brushing off dust from his hands. "And thanks. I meant this just as a moving-in party, but...it's also kind of turned into a distraction from Fireheart." He frowned and tugged at a stray lock of hair.

"Yeah," Lavender said, suddenly melancholy. A strange atmosphere had fallen over the village since Fireheart had disappeared. Darkstar and the whole police force looked distressed and tired whenever they were spotted, which had only been once or twice. And Tiny hadn't been seen at all since Lavender spent time at her house, and she wasn't answering texts or phone calls. She couldn't really blame her.

Pushing the thought from her mind, she stood and opened a can of Dr Pepper. Others were filtering down the trail or already heading across the beach to join them; she watched moss cross to Jingle and smile at her, and spotted Scary and Heat walking close together, their voices obviously hushed. Splashy and Holly were there too, looking slightly subdued, followed by Meadow, Jilda, and Dust. It seemed like almost the whole town was coming.

"Hi, Dust," Lavender said as the girl approached, tugging on her black top.

"Hello," she responded with a faint smile. "How are you?"

"I'm okay. You?"

"A little shaken up, but fine, I suppose." Dust patted her shoulder lightly and headed to the makeshift bar.

The party picked up quickly. Somebody put on a playlist with way too much bass, and some members seemed to enjoy drinking more than usual. A few pulled the broken limbs from the copse of trees nearby onto the beach and started a bonfire. Lav wasn't sure how to feel about that, but it seemed like everybody else was having fun.

She looked into the crackling orange flames and thought about Fireheart. Her disappearance had shaken the town and shaken her personally; she enjoyed the member's presence and it wasn't right, waiting around for her to return. One of the limbs popped and sent sparks into the air, and she finally broke her stare into the fire and looked around. Darkstar had showed up, and the police were gathered close to him, speaking quietly, while trying not to look like they were doing much of anything. Pine kept clicking her fingernails on a bottle, as if to cover up their speech. Closer to the water, moss watched them with a frown on their face.

Lavender stepped away from the sweltering torridity of the bonfire and began walking across the beach. She sighed in relief. She loved all her friends and hanging out with them, but she appreciated the cooler air and the quiet as the sounds of music and laughter faded away. Judging by the crowd, another member or two had had the same thought.

The blonde girl sipped at her soda and looked up at the sky. It was beautiful out here, in comparison to their old city - one could see all the stars out here. She wondered, briefly, if Warriors had been right, and each star represented someone that had died. Her gaze passed back over the dark, silvery waters, and for a second she thought she saw a flicker of something blue at the dock on the other side of the lake, a flash of movement, a ripple on the water. But then she blinked, and it was gone.

"Lav!"

She turned, the quiet disturbed, and pushed down her irritation. It was Dust, who looked much more gleeful and inebriated than she had before. Her face was pink and shining. "Hello, Lavender! What are you doing over here?"

"Just...nothing," she sighed finally.

"You should come have fun with us," Dust insisted, then giggled. "Except Jilda's not having fun.Her dress caught on fire a little."

"God, is she okay?"

"Yeah, she's fine. Now come on! I can't think of a pun to convince you."

"Me either," Lavender mumbled, and let herself be led back to the party, but her mind was somewhere far away.

Lavender was spending the morning away from people.

The party had been kind of exhausting. Drunk people and loud music and a fire was a great way to induce some anxiety, and not much later she'd walked Dust home and gone to sleep it off herself. Now, she'd eaten a lovely breakfast and put on her favorite hat and was out walking around Wish Village.

First, she'd walked around the perimeter of the town. The Town Hall looked sad and quiet; all the people inside were probably preoccupied with looking for Fireheart. In contrast, the giant Ww symbol on the ground of the square was glimmering a beautiful shade of gold in the pale yellow sunshine. She continued on, passing by homes less often, and ended up next to the Morning Forest. It usually seemed warm and inviting, but something was different today, as if the light that filtered between the trees turned cold. It seemed quiet in there. She couldn't see any movement or hear rustling between the angry knots of briars close to the forest floor, and suppressing a sudden shiver, she turned and walked away.

Lavender figured she might as well head back down to the Moon Lake and assess the damage from the previous night. She cut through the street and passed by the homes of Jingle and moss. One of the unicorns gave her a curious whinny. She patted its nose and wished she had a couple carrots. Maybe she'd stop by the market on the way home.

She was more certain in her steps down the Skyrock Trail in the bright light, and quickly reached the bottom. The lights were still hanging from the trees, and several cans were scattered around in the sand. Lavender rolled her eyes and sighed. "This is ridiculous," she said to herself, drawing out the 's' for emphasis.

She picked her way across the somewhat trashed beach and looked for something to put the cans in, but her eyes focused on something floating in the water further away. Lavender squinted. Had somebody thrown a trash bag into the water? As.sholes. It did seem out of character for a Wishian, though, so she headed towards it.

As she approached, her throat began to feel tight with anxiety. Something was wrong with this scene. She realized that this was not a weird trash bag at all, and her breath caught in her lungs. Without thinking, she waded into the water.

A familiar tanned arm floated out toward Lavender, and she began to wish that she'd never come out here this morning. A deep blue dress, soaked almost black, rippled in the water. Frightened tears spilled over Lav's cheeks, blurring her vision as she pushed waist-deep into the lake.

Her hand shaking, she grasped the arm and pulled the person toward her. The limb was cold, stiff, all wrong. She steeled herself, grabbed the body by the waist, and flipped it over.

"Oh god," she choked out, halfway between a scream and a sob. She heard a ringing in her ears.

Black hair spilled over the girl's cheek like a soft curtain. Her mouth was parted, like she was about to speak, cold and blue. Her neck - oh, her neck, her throat. It was torn wide open, like claws slicing through butter, and blood, the blood, the water cloudy and red. Lavender couldn't breathe, couldn't think.

The worst was her eyes.

They were open wide. Water droplets hung like crystals in her eyelashes. Her eyes stared, surprised but empty, into the clear blue sky. The sky that mocked her death.

"Oh, Splashy," Lavender whimpered, holding the body to her chest and forgetting, for a moment, that her friend was soaked in blood. "Splashy, oh god, I'm so sorry."

Offline Tom

Re: . wish you were gone . [chapter four]
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2015, 02:35:13 am »
Quote from: tiny on skype
i demand an actual post in response

FIRST
let me go read :D

... omg D:
rip splashy

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline t3nt4k103941023

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2015, 03:32:18 am »
man I hope I don't throw up in that water or pass out

SPLASHY, FREIND, NOOOOOOO

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2015, 06:46:16 am »
Poor Splashy :'c

The writing was so good, especially for the last bit, but also so sad ugh my heart

Offline Meadowbreeze

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2015, 09:46:34 am »
NO SPLASHY ): ): ):
Good chap!

Thanks for the avatar ss!
Thanks for the sig other ss!

May you find a shiny Glaceon in your travels.

Offline Splashy

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2015, 11:38:13 am »
oh darn. 

RIP me
find my killer
avenge me

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 892 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2015, 12:33:04 pm »
oh no splashy is kill

Formally, moss was the village's detective, but that didn't pay well for a tiny town with little crime or mystery,
wELL,,,,

*puts on hat* time to shine

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2015, 10:11:10 am »
inb4 im the killer

rip splashy
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Tom

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2015, 10:12:11 am »
inb4 im the killer