July 02, 2022, 12:27:24 pm

Author Topic: ~Ask Darkstripe~  (Read 16217 times)

Offline ~Ask Darkstripe~

Re: ~Ask Darkstripe~
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2015, 06:57:58 am »
Metropolis is so, so good. It's made me reconsider the way I go about my mad scientistness. O_O

I did watch the full length remastered version, it's awesome how it was lost for so long and they managed to piece it back together ^_^ it's such a cool film, shortening it should have been a crime. :/
Yesss I just barfed a rainbow hairball in happiness. I'm so glad you liked it! We now have so much to talk about. I for one, am team rotwang and don't care who knows it. I think that his love triangle is pretty similar to Ashfur's, dontcha think?
I remember nothing about Ashfur, but Rotwang's love triangle was really intriguing. I'm also definitely on his team. Like he's clearly evil af but I love it
I just think he is so sad and that crisis could have been averted if someone had given him a hug.
" class="bbc_img
(c) moss's blinkie shop

Offline Tom

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2015, 07:35:03 am »
That.. is probably really true. :/
I feel kinda sad now.

I mean like.. there was always unrest so something surely would have happened but I see what you mean.. the poopstorm that happened could have been a lot more civil. :p

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline ~Ask Darkstripe~

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2015, 05:32:02 pm »
That.. is probably really true. :/
I feel kinda sad now.

I mean like.. there was always unrest so something surely would have happened but I see what you mean.. the poopstorm that happened could have been a lot more civil. :p
With less sadness, ambushes, and beatdowns. I think that the revolt still would have happened, but that Rotwang may have even tried to help the Fredersens escape the mob instead of getting mad and causing more problems. Especially for Maria, that was kind of squicky, wasn't it?
" class="bbc_img
(c) moss's blinkie shop

Offline Tom

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2015, 07:59:00 am »
That's probably true.  :) I feel the same way.

And yeah, poor Maria... I felt kinda bad for her but I loved the replacement. :3

Offline ~Ask Darkstripe~

« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2015, 08:41:12 am »
That's probably true.  :) I feel the same way.

And yeah, poor Maria... I felt kinda bad for her but I loved the replacement. :3
A robot simply too sexy to survive. Also Maria is like the designated victim. She is kidnapped by Rotwang, held prisoner, almost drowns, is chased by a mob, and then is attacked by Rotwang again. Poor girl. That's a pretty bad day.
" class="bbc_img
(c) moss's blinkie shop

Offline Tom

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2015, 04:09:43 pm »

A robot simply too sexy to survive. Also Maria is like the designated victim. She is kidnapped by Rotwang, held prisoner, almost drowns, is chased by a mob, and then is attacked by Rotwang again. Poor girl. That's a pretty bad day.

nah.. that happens to me all the time. :P lol.

Offline ~Ask Darkstripe~

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2015, 04:47:23 pm »

How do you escape?
" class="bbc_img
(c) moss's blinkie shop

Offline Tom

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2015, 05:16:23 pm »

How do you escape?
I escape because I am both Maria and Rotwang.
mind = blownnn

Offline ~Ask Darkstripe~

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2015, 06:56:53 pm »

How do you escape?
mind = blownnn
What, so you kidnap (and possibly molest) yourself?
" class="bbc_img
(c) moss's blinkie shop

Offline Tom

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2015, 07:31:46 pm »

How do you escape?
mind = blownnn
Pretty much, yeah. Have you tried it?

Offline ~Ask Darkstripe~

« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2015, 08:30:42 pm »

How do you escape?
mind = blownnn
No. Can't say that I have. I did kidnap Sorrelkit, but that was different.
" class="bbc_img
(c) moss's blinkie shop

Offline Tom

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2015, 09:06:40 pm »

How do you escape?
mind = blownnn
How was that any different?
@Sorrel do you remember this?

Offline ~Ask Darkstripe~

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2015, 08:15:25 am »

How do you escape?
mind = blownnn
How was that any different?
@Sorrel do you remember this?
As far as I can tell, there were no deathberries in the movie, and I was less squicky. I'm not interested in Sorrelkit the way Rotwang was in Maria. I have my Tigey, I don't want anyone else. 
" class="bbc_img
(c) moss's blinkie shop

Offline Tom

« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2015, 05:42:23 pm »
OH that's a relief.
He wasn't really interested in Maria though. Didn't he originally make the robot to bring Hel back, then ended up using it to impersonate Maria because reasons, THEN go mad and confuse Maria with Hel because of the robot thing?

Or I could be looking into this too far lol

Tiggerstar is your Hel :)

Offline ~Ask Darkstripe~

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2015, 06:58:31 pm »
OH that's a relief.
He wasn't really interested in Maria though. Didn't he originally make the robot to bring Hel back, then ended up using it to impersonate Maria because reasons, THEN go mad and confuse Maria with Hel because of the robot thing?

Or I could be looking into this too far lol

Tiggerstar is your Hel :)
Well, I know that Hel was always his true love, I'm only implying that there's a difference between kidnapping an annoying kit and having Maria tied to your operating table. If you're an unscrupulous and immoral character like Rotwang, what would spring to your mind? Clipping her nails?  So my kidnapping Sorrelkit has a different tone entirely.
" class="bbc_img
(c) moss's blinkie shop