July 02, 2022, 12:57:06 pm

Author Topic: Hot Drink Enthusiasts needed  (Read 5366 times)

Offline Pine

Re: Hot Drink Enthusiasts needed
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 09:32:42 am »
I'm a coffee person, but only recently I started drinking hot drinks!! I would get iced coffee in the -20 degree weather and it was dumb but I still loved it bc I love the taste of coffee. I'm not one for really specialty coffee stuff but I haven't tried too much. Is there anything y'all like trying?

Hot coffee I find I love just drinking slowly. I have it with a medium amount of half & half or cream. (milk works fine too...) and no sugar. I used to really like flavor shots but I find they taste super artificial, especially in hot coffee. For hot coffee I prefer medium-dark roast but it honestly depends on the brand lol. I like flavored coffee itself a lot - one of the places on campus has a "cookie doodle" in which it tastes like a sugar cookie, and I put half that, half dark roast and it's one of my favorite things.

Where do you guys like to get coffee? I mean it's all severely based on how local, but people have Their Orders at Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks. (spoken like the true northeastern us trash i am)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Splashy

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 09:40:30 am »
i am an aggressive coffee drinker
also i just need it to survive

after growing up in NYC I'm a starbucks junkie just because they're freaking EVERYWHERE
I'm also a total sugary froufrou drink kind of girl when I can get it. A friend just introduced me to getting hot chocolate with a shot of espresso as a pickmeup but not too intensely caffeine-y when it's late at night and it was a revelation

Offline Tom

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 09:45:31 am »
That sounds pretty neat :D Admittedly I'm usually not huge on sweetened coffee so I've steered clear of flavoured coffee.  At the same time, I love pretty much anything that has been sweetened and tastes like coffee.... but not sweet coffee.... this is confusing

I have a lot of special coffee bars which are close to wear I live or like, on my bus routes to work and friends' houses and stuff so usually I go to little obscure places. I don't think we even have the same coffee chains in Australia as you guys do. About 9 months ago I was approached by an American couple on a train. They asked me where the nearest Starbucks was and I told them our state has been Starbucks-free for over a decade. I did provide them with similar chains to go to nearby but awww they looked so shocked and upset... xD

Anyway yeah. I'm one of those weird coffee hipsters...

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Holley

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 09:48:44 am »
Well Tom, you delivered the worst news any coffee addict could get in this world. 
amberstipe, dustfeather, hperadam

Offline Pine

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 10:40:45 am »
i am an aggressive coffee drinker
also i just need it to survive

after growing up in NYC I'm a starbucks junkie just because they're freaking EVERYWHERE
I'm also a total sugary froufrou drink kind of girl when I can get it. A friend just introduced me to getting hot chocolate with a shot of espresso as a pickmeup but not too intensely caffeine-y when it's late at night and it was a revelation

SAME. JUST ALL SAME

i feel you about the starbucks too. I actually really like Starbuck's regular coffee?? I don't get the expensive sugary drinks often but they're super awesome once in awhile. Honestly my favorite Sugary Expensive thing from Starbucks is the refreshers. They have caffeine in them and they're super refreshing which is my one pet peeve with coffee. It's just soooo dehydrating. And I make a point to drink a lot of water so when I don't it's Weird.

Also that hot chocolate idea is great! I really try and keep my caffeine intake to be 1 cup a day, 2 cups if I have a lot to do or if i'm really dragging. If I drink more than that - god help me.

Also Scary the flavor is roasted into the beans! So it's not sweet at all. Where I'm from (downstate New York) it's super common but not so much anywhere else. Even around Western Massachusetts where I live now it's not as common so idk if Austrailia has anything like it.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 11:01:53 am »
COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE I LOVE IT SO MUCH I LOVE STARBUCKS S O MUCH OH MY GOD YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN KNOW
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Addeh

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 11:19:53 am »
starbucks is gross i like dunkin more

(click to show/hide)
tumblr

Offline Heron

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 11:23:58 am »
honestly though tim horton's hot chocolate is a blessing from heaven above

Offline fireheart

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 11:33:10 am »
Theres no dunkin where i grew up so i only knew starbucks, teavana, and coffee bean & tea leaf. Ive had dunkin tea and its kinda gross, ngl. :I Argo tea is pretty good though. Theres a ton of hipster coffee shops that are really popular (think coffee is the first that comes to mind) but i havent been to any of them.

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2015, 11:38:25 am »
STARBUCKS

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good mandarin go౦ԁ mandarin👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌mandarin right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good mandarin
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline fireheart

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2015, 11:43:05 am »
Same........ I drink an unholy amount of starbucks

Their oprah cinnamon chai tea latte is to die for tbh

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2015, 12:22:00 pm »
I hate coffee I'm sorry

I like tea though... but it has to be just warm, hot drinks burn my mouth super badly because I'm really sensitive to touch/taste D:

I like hot chocolate too :3

Offline Addeh

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2015, 12:31:49 pm »
I hate coffee I'm sorry
#banscartail2015

(click to show/hide)
tumblr

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1747 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
  • Referrals: 1
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2015, 12:35:47 pm »
is "tonnes" how australians spell "tons"?

yep :D

Hot chocolate is still totally amazing moss, lmao. I was so ready for a fancy coffee this morning but ended up ditching it for a hot chocolate in the last minute instead. :')

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I have recently begun drinking hot tea again + I've started putting almond milk in it and it's sooo good ahh tea and hot cocoa and coffee are so good

#banscartail2015 tbh how dare u i should ban u for ur foul mouth

thank you, secret santa!! :D

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her